The MOD (Ministry of Defence) introduced the Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) to encourage lifelong learning amongst members of the armed forces including Serving Personnel and Service Leavers from the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force (RAF). The Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service (ELCAS) manage the process from advising edibility to claim for funding to approving training courses.
As a leading provider of management system training, Bywater is an ELCAS Approved Learning Provider allowing Serving Personnel and Service Leavers to undertake our CQI and IRCA certified Lead Auditor training courses through the ELC Scheme.
All of our CQI and IRCA certified Lead Auditor training courses are eligible for ELC funding. Our 5 day Lead Auditor training courses are designed to provide delegates with the skills to effectively plan and conduct internal and external audits in line with ISO requirements. Lead Auditor training is available across a range of ISO management standards including ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management, ISO 14001 Environmental Management and IATF 16949 Automotive Quality Management.
Our Lead Auditor training courses are available within our Virtual Classroom and at over 20 venues across the UK, please click here to view all of our ELCAS approved training courses and upcoming course dates.
The Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme is designed to provide Service Personnel and Service Leavers with access to Further Education and Higher Education to allow personnel to enhance their qualifications and aid transition from the Service.
ELC provides assistance to Service Personnel and Services Leavers in the form of financial support towards courses approved by ELCAS. ELC provides funding for up to 80% of the course fees for approved courses listed on the ELCAS website. Delegates are required to make a personal contribution of at least 20% towards the total course cost. Please note ELC funding does not cover costs in relation to travel, food or accommodation.
Eligibility for claiming ELC, and the amount you can claim, is based upon the length of time you have completed eligible service and, if you are a Service Leaver, when you left the service.
Full details of the ELC eligibility criteria and how to submit a claim can be found on the ELCAS website. Details for Serving Personnel can be found here, details for Service Leavers can be found here.
To apply for funding towards your Lead Auditor training course, we recommend submitting your claim to ELCAS at least 6 weeks prior to the course start date to allow time for your ELCAS application to clear. It is important you choose your course carefully as we can only accept bookings for the course details on your Claim Authorisation Note. Retrospective ELC claims are not permitted.
The Enhanced learning Credits Claim Form for Serving Personnel can be found here, the form for Service Leavers can be found here. The form will ask for details such as personal details, your service number and enlistment date. If you are no longer in service you are also required to provide information such as evidence of your last day of service and a utility bill. You will also be required to provide our Learning Provider ID which is 11235.
Once you have been approved for funding ELCAS will provide you with a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN). Please email the CAN to Bywater at firstname.lastname@example.org to allow us to reserve your course place and process your booking. Your personal contribution for the course is due 14 days prior to the course date or immediately if the course starts sooner.
ELCAS Course Listing
- CQI and IRCA certified, this ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course is designed for those seeking to manage and conduct ISO 9001:2015 internal and external audits
- Provides practical application of the complete QMS audit process with reference to ISO 9001
- Satisfies CQI and IRCA certification requirements to all grades of QMS 2015 Auditor
- IEMA, CQI and IRCA certified, this ISO 14001:2015 Lead Environmental Auditor training course fully satisfies IEMA, CQI and IRCA training requirements for EMS Auditor registration
- Designed for those seeking to lead or conduct internal and external ISO 14001 audits
- Delegates will understand how to prepare, plan and conduct an ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System audit
- Based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025, the course is designed for those seeking to support laboratory compliance and competency improvements
- A CQI and IRCA Certified Course(Ref.1836), this ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training course builds upon skills needed to conduct an effective and competent audit in order to objectively assess compliance of laboratories to meet accreditation body requirements
- Fulfils the CQI and IRCA training requirements for registration as a ISO 17025 lead auditor.
- Designed for those wishing to conduct first, second and/or third party Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) audits against the new OH&S Management System standard, ISO 45001.
- You will learn the complete audit process, including interviewing techniques, planning and report writing.
- Other topics covered include hazard identification, OH&S legislation and codes of practice.
- There is a CQI and IRCA requirement that delegates attending this course have prior knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 and auditing, therefore some may find it beneficial to attend our introduction to ISO/IEC 27001.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded with an internationally recognised CQI and IRCA approved certificate.
- Auditing of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) helps to identify potential risks, meets ISO/IEC 27001 requirements and identifies better ways to keep information secure.
- Based on the requirements of ISO 9001 including the additional automotive requirements, this IATF 16949 Lead Auditor training course is designed for those needing to assess compliance of an organisation/supplier against third party standards
- A CQI and IRCA Certified Course, the course builds upon skills needed to conduct an effective and competent audit
- Fulfils the CQI and IRCA training requirements for registration as a lead auditor.
Denmaur Independent Papers Limited|21st Oct, 2020
MOD|20th Oct, 2020
Eastman|20th Oct, 2020
Veolia Environmental Services Plc|19th Oct, 2020
John McGavigan Limited|17th Oct, 2020
West Midlands Police|16th Oct, 2020