The MOD (Ministry of Defence) introduced the Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) to encourage lifelong learning amongst members of the armed forces including Serving Personnel and Service Leavers from the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force (RAF). The Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service (ELCAS) manage the process from advising edibility to claim for funding to approving training courses.
As a leading provider of management system training, Bywater is an ELCAS Approved Learning Provider, Learning Provider ID 11235. Serving Personnel and Service Leavers can undertake our CQI and IRCA certified Lead Auditor training courses through the ELC Scheme.
Our CQI and IRCA ISO 9001 Internal Auditor training course, IEMA Environmental Management System training course and all of our CQI and IRCA certified Lead Auditor training courses are eligible for ELC funding.
Our 5 day Lead Auditor training courses provide delegates with the skills to effectively plan and conduct internal and external audits. Training is available across a range of ISO management standards including; ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management, ISO 14001 Environmental Management and IATF 16949 Automotive Quality Management.
Our Lead Auditor training courses are available within our Virtual Classroom and at over 20 venues across the UK. Please click here to view all of our ELCAS approved training courses and upcoming course dates.
The Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) provides Service Personnel and Service Leavers with access to Further Education and Higher Education to allow personnel to enhance their qualifications and aid transition from the Service.
ELC provides assistance to Service Personnel and Services Leavers in the form of financial support towards courses approved by ELCAS. ELC provides funding for up to 80% of the course fees for approved courses listed on the ELCAS website. Delegates are required to make a personal contribution of at least 20% towards the total course cost. Please note ELC funding does not cover costs in relation to travel, food or accommodation.
Eligibility for claiming ELC, and the amount you can claim, is based upon the time you have completed eligible service and, if you are a Service Leaver, when you left.
Full details of the ELC eligibility criteria and how to submit a claim can be found on the ELCAS website. Details for Serving Personnel can be found here, details for Service Leavers can be found here.
To apply for funding towards your Lead Auditor training course or ISO 9001 Internal Auditor training course, we recommend submitting your claim to ELCAS at least 6 weeks prior to the course start date to allow time for your ELCAS application to clear. It is important you choose your course carefully as we can only accept bookings for the course details on your Claim Authorisation Note. Retrospective ELC claims are not permitted.
The Enhanced learning Credits Claim Form for Serving Personnel can be found here, the form for Service Leavers can be found here. The form will ask for details such as personal details, your service number and enlistment date. Those no longer in service are also required to provide information such as evidence of your last day of service and a utility bill. You will also be required to provide our Learning Provider ID which is 11235.
Following approval for funding ELCAS will provide you with a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN). Please email the CAN to Bywater at firstname.lastname@example.org to allow us to reserve your course place and process your booking. Your personal contribution for the course is due 14 days prior to the course date, or immediately if the course starts sooner.
ELCAS Course Listing
- CQI and IRCA certified, this ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course is designed for those seeking to manage and conduct ISO 9001:2015 internal and external audits
- Provides practical application of the complete QMS audit process with reference to ISO 9001
- Satisfies CQI and IRCA certification requirements to all grades of QMS 2015 Auditor
- CQI and IRCA certified, this ISO 9001 Internal Auditor course is designed for those seeking to manage and conduct ISO 9001:2015 internal audits
- Provides the knowledge and skills to plan, conduct and follow up an internal audit
- Fulfils part of IRCA's certification requirements to QMS 2015 Internal Auditor
- IEMA, CQI and IRCA certified ISO 14001:2015 Lead Environmental Auditor training course fully satisfies IEMA training requirements for Environmental Auditors & Principal Environmental Auditors
- Designed for those seeking to lead or conduct internal and external ISO 14001 audits
- Delegates will understand how to prepare, plan and conduct an ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System audit
- CQI and IRCA Certified Course(Ref.1836), this ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training course builds upon skills needed to conduct an effective and competent audit in order to objectively assess compliance of laboratories to meet accreditation body requirements
- Based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025, the course is designed for those seeking to support laboratory compliance and competency improvements
- Fulfils the CQI and IRCA training requirements for registration as a ISO 17025 lead auditor.
- CQI and IRCA certified, designed for those wishing to conduct first, second and/or third party Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) audits against the OH&S Management System standard, ISO 45001
- You will learn the complete audit process, including interviewing techniques, planning and report writing.
- Other topics covered include hazard identification, OH&S legislation and codes of practice.
- CQI and IRCA certified, on successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded with an internationally recognised CQI and IRCA approved certificate.
- Auditing of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) helps to identify potential risks, meets ISO/IEC 27001 requirements and identifies better ways to keep information secure.
- Through a central case study delegates will learn to plan, conduct and follow up a ISO 27001 audit.
- Based on the requirements of ISO 9001 including the additional automotive requirements, this IATF 16949 Lead Auditor training course is designed for those needing to assess compliance of an organisation/supplier against third party standards
- CQI and IRCA Certified course, builds upon skills needed to conduct an effective and competent audit
- Fulfils the CQI and IRCA training requirements for registration as a lead auditor.
- IEMA certified Course - this three day course combines our 1 day Introduction to ISO 14001 and our 2 day ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training courses.
- The course provides delegates with all the knowledge required to plan, execute, report and positively follow-up corrective action for internal environmental audits based on ISO 14001:2015.
- CQI and IRCA certified course which satisfies CQI and IRCA training requirements for those maintaining their IRCA OHSMS Registration.
- Designed for existing OHSAS 18001 auditors looking to transition to ISO 45001.
- Covers the background and changes from OHSAS 18001 to the new OHSMS standard, ISO 45001, and how to audit against the standard.
- CQI and IRCA certified, this Auditor Conversion course is designed for existing auditors looking to gain the knowledge and skills to audit against ISO 14001
- Provides the knowledge and skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an EMS
- Learn to undertake 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audit of an EMS against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable
China Petroleum Engineering Construction Corp|22nd Jan, 2021
Stanhope-Seta|22nd Jan, 2021
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership|21st Jan, 2021
UKStratCom|20th Jan, 2021
Quality Assurance Agency|20th Jan, 2021
Bureau Veritas Certification UK Ltd|19th Jan, 2021