DURATION OF COURSE5 days
CPDEquivalent to 35 Hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Six Sigma Green Belt training course available online in Virtual Classroom & in-person.
Six Sigma Green Belts are individuals who have the recognised skills and knowledge to engage in DMAIC improvement projects, applying various statistical analysis tools to reduce process variation and defects. ‘Green Belts’ apply their techniques across many industry sectors, including but not limited to those in the motor industry, pharmaceuticals, financial operations, construction and professional services.
This 5 day ‘Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Essentials) Training Course’ is designed for all industry sectors and covers the core competency requirements for ISO 18404 (the international standard for Lean & Six Sigma), equipping delegates with the necessary knowledge to engage and participate in Six Sigma process improvement projects.
In the initial stages of the course, delegates will learn a variety of Lean methods including Value Stream Mapping and 5S. The course then progresses on to the fundamentals of Six Sigma, covering the competencies of a Yellow Belt, the DMAIC methodology, Data Capture, Value Stream Analysis and statistical thinking, and then finally on to Lean Six Sigma application.
Delegates will have the opportunity to develop their skills through practical workshops and exercises and those who successfully complete this training course will be awarded a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Essentials) certificate acknowledging their ability to conduct Six Sigma improvement projects.
Bywater has over 35 years’ experience in process improvement training and consultancy. Our Six Sigma courses are run by Master Black Belts and have been created by instrumental figures in the development of ISO 18404 (the international standard for Lean and Six Sigma).
- Introduction to Lean and Six Sigma
- Intermediate level Lean and Six Sigma Tools
- Making processes flow
- 7 wastes
- ISO 18404:2015 & Certification Requirements
- Defining the Project Mission
- Creativity Tools
- DMAIC(T) Project Management
- Just In Time production (JIT)
- Statistics and Excel Manipulation of Data
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Lean and Six Sigma application
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Who Should Attend
This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course is suitable for those wanting to gain the recognised skills and knowledge to take part in Six Sigma improvement projects. The course does not require any prior knowledge and it incorporates the Yellow Belt competencies. People who would benefit in particular are those:
- Wanting to perform business improvement projects, including areas such as reducing defects and increasing customer satisfaction. These people may not necessarily be improvement leaders, instead they can be managers with improvement responsibilities aiming to develop tools and skill sets
- Responsible for supporting/monitoring the success of Six Sigma improvement or organisational improvement projects of all types
- In organisations wanting to increase productivity
- Wanting to develop Lean and Six Sigma skills with the possibility of becoming fully qualified Green, or Black Belts.
On completion of this 5-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course delegates will be awarded with a certificate that demonstrates a recognised capability to engage in Lean Six Sigma improvement projects, including being able to:
- Confidently apply Lean and Six Sigma tools and thinking in their role
- Contribute and measure the success of wider improvement projects
- Support an improvement leader
- Progress further and train as a Six Sigma Green Belt Advanced or Black Belt
- Understand the process of ISO 18404 certification for individuals and businesses
Provided on a dedicated basis at a venue of your choice or online, the Six Sigma Green Belt (Essentials) Training Course is led by a Six Sigma expert tutor. Dedicated training is often more cost effective and convenient for those wishing to train several team members. The five day course includes a range of modules and interactive workshops to encourage your team to discuss topics such as ‘Process Mapping’, ‘Value Stream Analysis’ and ‘Excel Manipulation of Date’. Schedule training on a date suitable for your team.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
De Vere Staverton Estate
De Vere Devonport House
Hilton Leeds City
Denmaur Independent Papers Limited|21st Oct, 2020
MOD|20th Oct, 2020
Eastman|20th Oct, 2020
Veolia Environmental Services Plc|19th Oct, 2020
John McGavigan Limited|17th Oct, 2020
West Midlands Police|16th Oct, 2020