Six Sigma Green Belts are individuals who have the recognised skills and knowledge to engage in DMAIC improvement projects, applying various statistical analysis tools to reduce process variation and defects. ‘Green Belts’ apply their techniques across many industry sectors, including but not limited to those in the motor industry, pharmaceuticals, financial operations, construction and professional services.
This 5 day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Essentials) Training Course is designed for all industry sectors and covers the core competency requirements for ISO 18404 (the international standard for Lean & Six Sigma), equipping delegates with the necessary knowledge to engage and participate in Six Sigma process improvement projects.
In the initial stages of the course, delegates will learn a variety of Lean methods including Value Stream Mapping and 5S. The course then progresses on to the fundamentals of Six Sigma, covering the competencies of a Yellow Belt, the DMAIC methodology, Data Capture, Value Stream Analysis and statistical thinking, and then finally on to Lean Six Sigma application.
Delegates will have the opportunity to develop their skills through practical workshops and exercises.
Those who successfully complete this training course will be awarded a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Essentials) certificate acknowledging their ability to conduct Six Sigma improvement projects.
- Introduction to Lean and Six Sigma
- Intermediate level Lean and Six Sigma Tools
- Making processes flow
- 7 wastes
- ISO 18404:2015 & Certification Requirements
- Defining the Project Mission
- Creativity Tools
- DMAIC(T) Project Management
- Just In Time production (JIT)
- Statistics and Excel Manipulation of Data
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Lean and Six Sigma application
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Essentials) Training Course is suitable for those wanting to gain the recognised skills and knowledge to take part in Six Sigma improvement projects. The course does not require any prior knowledge and it incorporates the Yellow Belt competencies. People who would benefit in particular are those:
- Wanting to perform business improvement projects, including areas such as reducing defects and increasing customer satisfaction. These people may not necessarily be improvement leaders, instead they can be managers with improvement responsibilities aiming to develop tools and skill sets
- Responsible for supporting/monitoring the success of Six Sigma improvement or organisational improvement projects of all types
- In organisations wanting to increase productivity
- Wanting to develop Lean and Six Sigma skills with the possibility of becoming fully qualified Green, or Black Belts.
On completion of this 5-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Essentials) Training Course delegates will be awarded with a certificate that demonstrates a recognised capability to engage in Lean Six Sigma improvement projects, including being able to:
- Confidently apply Lean and Six Sigma tools and thinking in their role
- Contribute and measure the success of wider improvement projects
- Support an improvement leader
- Progress further and train as a Six Sigma Green Belt Advanced or Black Belt
- Understand the process of ISO 18404 certification for individuals and businesses
Bywater has over 35 years’ experience in process improvement training and consultancy. Our Six Sigma courses are run by Master Black Belts and have been created by instrumental figures in the development of ISO 18404 (the international standard for Lean and Six Sigma).