Lean Six Sigma is a combination of two methods: Lean, and Six Sigma. The two approaches are designed to improve processes with focus on customer requirements. Lean is a continuous improvement approach that creates flow in a business, and eliminates any waste, or Muda – anything the customer does not want, or is not prepared to pay for. Six Sigma is a set of statistical analysis tools that are used reduce process variations and defects using the DMAIC methodology of Design, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control.
This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt foundation training course introduces the topic of Lean and Six Sigma and incorporates the Yellow Belt Six Sigma stage, so no prior training is required. The highly interactive five-day training course is beneficial to all process owners and managers, and will particularly benefit those who want to explore the use of Lean Six Sigma, and who would like to progress to become improvement leaders. This can be through a full Green Black Belt training course, or those who would like to contribute to wider improvement projects.
Delegates who attend this Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Foundation training course will cover key topics such as introduction to Lean and Six Sigma, 7 Wastes, how to make a processes flow, DMAIC methodology, Six Sigma analysis tools, and Lean Six Sigma application. On successful completion of the training course delegates will be able to confidently apply the Lean Six Sigma toolset and thinking to their role, and will be able to contribute to wider improvement projects.
- Introduction to Lean and Six Sigma
- Intermediate level Lean and Six Sigma Tools
- Making processes flow
- 7 wastes
- ISO18404:2015 & Certification Requirements
- Defining the Project Mission
- Creativity Tools
- DMAIC(T) Project Management
- Just In Time production (JIT)
- Statistics and Excel Manipulation of Data
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Lean and Six Sigma application
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Basics training course includes the Yellow Belt stage, so no prior training is required. This course is suitable for all process owners and managers, and will particularly benefit those:
- Responsible for implementing improvement in a project or more widely
- Responsible for supporting/monitoring the success of Six Sigma improvement or organisational improvement projects of all types
- In organisations looking to increase productivity
- Looking to develop Lean and Six Sigma skills with the possibility of becoming fully qualified Green, or Black Belts.
On successful completion of this training course delegates will be able to:
- Confidently apply Lean and Six Sigma tools and thinking in their role
- Contribute and measure the success of wider improvement projects
- Support an improvement leader
- Progress further and train as a Six Sigma Green Belt Advanced
- Understand the process of ISO 18404 organisation certification