CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day course includes interactive workshops covering key topics such as the benefits of compliant waste management, current UK legislation and an overview of hazardous waste regulations.
Students will leave the course with a better understanding of waste management requirements, enabling them to make a positive contribution to their organisation’s environmental performance and management system. Application of these new skills will also assure customers and other stakeholders of your commitment to waste management.
- managers and supervisors who have responsibility for managing waste in their organisation
- anyone who is new to operational management of waste
- those with responsibility for implementing an environmental management system and who need to gain an understanding of waste legislation and controls
- benefits of compliant waste management
- waste hierarchy and how it applies in practice
- mechanisms for determining legal requirements relating to waste and how to access further information
- key UK legislation and the key issues in relation to the definition of waste
- Duty of Care, the role of the producer and practical actions for compliance
- environmental permits and waste exemption, including when they may be required and signposting the process for application
- overview of hazardous waste regulations
- compliance considerations when organising waste contracts
- explain the benefits of a compliant waste management
- describe the waste hierarchy and how it applies in practice
- outline mechanisms for determining legal requirements relating to waste and how to access further information
- list key UK legislation and the key issues in relation to the definition of waste
- explain the importance of Duty of Care, the role of the producer and practical actions for compliance
- recognise when an environmental permit or a registered exemption may be required and the process for application
- outline the key requirements of the hazardous waste regulations including the completion of consignment notes
- list key compliance considerations when organising waste contracts.
In recognition of their new knowledge and skills, all delegates who finish the course will be presented with a Certificate of Completion.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
The disposal of waste is important within an organisation’s environment management system and is heavily regulated in the UK. This introduction to waste legislation and compliance training course will give you the information you need to play a vital role in keeping your organisation up to date with new and changing requirements. Even if you are already operating in a waste management role, you may benefit from this course to refresh your knowledge.
The course is suitable for those new to waste management as well as those already working within a waste management or operational capacity. If you would like to know more about environment management systems as a whole, we have several courses that can explain the concepts and requirements of ISO 14001.
Yes, you will receive a certificate after completing this 1-day course, demonstrating that you have gained extended knowledge in the field of waste management. The course is also valued at 7 hours for your CPD.
Peel Ports Group|13th Nov, 2023
Tata Steel UK Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
Expro North Sea Limited|24th Oct, 2023
Port Of Antwerp-Bruges International|19th Oct, 2023
Trant Engineering Ltd|6th Oct, 2023
Mott MacDonald Ltd|29th Sep, 2023
Premier Partnership|11th Sep, 2023
Ubitricity Distributed Energy Systems UK Ltd|30th Aug, 2023
Alstom Transport UK Ltd|26th Jul, 2023
Private|11th Jul, 2023
Marine Ventures Ltd|19th Jun, 2023
Private|16th Jun, 2023