CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This five-day tutor-led training course represents the very latest approach for environmental management and is designed to:
- provide delegates with the essential knowledge and skills relating to “bigger picture” environmental issues and how they link to challenges organisations face worldwide
- cover a wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles
- ensure compliance requirements are understood and to conduct the right diligence checks
- focus on specific management tools and skills which delegates can utilise within the workplace
The course includes various workshops and case studies to allow delegates to practice ideas learnt such as identifying stakeholders, risks, opportunities and key legislative breaches.
All delegates will be provided with an IEMA learner pack including learner notes and a learner workbook.
Course assessment is through continuous assessment and a 1-hour open-book multiple-choice exam. Following the successful completion of this course, delegates will receive an IEMA certificate and become an IEMA Associate Membership, securing access to an extensive library of practical tools, guidance notes and updates to allow continuous progression.
- Why do we need to become more sustainable?
- Fundamentals of sustainability
- Principles of sustainable business and corporate governance
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Environmental principles
- Pollution and pollution control
- Introduction to policy, regulation and legislation
- Key environmental legislation
- Environmental tools and assessment
- Environmental management systems (including ISO 14001)
- Environmental auditing
- Impact assessment and other tools (EIA, SEA, life cycle assessment & foot printing)
- Data and reporting (carbon accounting, sustainability reporting and measuring environmental performance)
- PESTLE framework
- Improving sustainability performance
- IEMA Codes of practice
- support change and deliver direct improvements that contribute to your organisation’s environmental goals in turn saving money and building a strong reputation for your business
- understand sustainable business and governance principles
- collect, analyse and evaluate data
- research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- engage with stakeholders
- support change and transformation to enhance sustainability
- utilise tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
Upon successful completion, delegates will become an Associate Member of IEMA (AIEMA). This membership provides access to a huge library of practical tools, guidance notes and updates to allow continuous progression.
Course dates and venues
Yes, the Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management training course is certified by IEMA, the key professional body for those operating in environmental management. Certification is achieved through a mix of continuous assessment during the course and an online exam following the event. We work closely with our attendees to give them the best chance of success. Certification at this level can give employees a demonstrable advantage in their career path. The course is also equivalent to a significant 40 hours of CPD.
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is excellent initial training for those starting out on a career in environmental management. It therefore requires no previous knowledge of this subject area.
Yes. Once you have successfully completed the course you will receive an IEMA certificate and become an Associate Member of IEMA, giving you access to an extensive and valuable library of tools, guidance and updates that will help to ensure your knowledge is always up to date.
Every delegate receives an IEMA learner pack that includes learner notes and a workbook. These will be valuable throughout the course and as a reminder of all you have learned once you return to your role.
We offer a wide range of IEMA certified and IEMA approved training courses aimed at helping employees to new career-enhancing skills. Courses focus on environmental management systems – including understanding ISO 14001 and EMS auditing – and sustainability skills for the workforce and managers.
All of our IEMA courses can be viewed on our IEMA training page.
Natural Environment Research Council|29th Nov, 2023
Private|8th Nov, 2023
British Antarctic Survey|23rd Oct, 2023
Smurfit Kappa Group|10th Oct, 2023
Hemsley Fraser Group|2nd Oct, 2023
Vinci Construction Management Ltd|18th Sep, 2023
Humber Bridge Board|31st Aug, 2023
HW Martin Holdings Ltd|8th Aug, 2023
Avara Foods Ltd|17th Jul, 2023
Vinci Construction Management Ltd|5th Jul, 2023
Fugro GeoServices Ltd|28th Jun, 2023
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust|26th Jun, 2023