CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This five-day tutor-led training course represents the very latest approach for environmental management and is designed to:
- provide delegates with the essential knowledge and skills relating to “bigger picture” environmental issues and how they link to challenges organisations face worldwide
- cover a wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles
- ensure compliance requirements are understood and to conduct the right diligence checks
- focus on specific management tools and skills which delegates can utilise within the workplace
The course includes various workshops and case studies to allow delegates to practice ideas learnt such as identifying stakeholders, risks, opportunities and key legislative breaches.
All delegates will be provided with an IEMA learner pack including learner notes and a learner workbook.
Course assessment is through continuous assessment and a 1-hour open-book multiple-choice exam. Following the successful completion of this course, delegates will receive an IEMA certificate and become an IEMA Associate Membership, securing access to an extensive library of practical tools, guidance notes and updates to allow continuous progression.
- Why do we need to become more sustainable?
- Fundamentals of sustainability
- Principles of sustainable business and corporate governance
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Environmental principles
- Pollution and pollution control
- Introduction to policy, regulation and legislation
- Key environmental legislation
- Environmental tools and assessment
- Environmental management systems (including ISO 14001)
- Environmental auditing
- Impact assessment and other tools (EIA, SEA, life cycle assessment & foot printing)
- Data and reporting (carbon accounting, sustainability reporting and measuring environmental performance)
- PESTLE framework
- Improving sustainability performance
- IEMA Codes of practice
- support change and deliver direct improvements that contribute to your organisation’s environmental goals in turn saving money and building a strong reputation for your business
- understand sustainable business and governance principles
- collect, analyse and evaluate data
- research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- engage with stakeholders
- support change and transformation to enhance sustainability
- utilise tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
Upon successful completion, delegates will become an Associate Member of IEMA (AIEMA). This membership provides access to a huge library of practical tools, guidance notes and updates to allow continuous progression.
Course dates and venues
Abertax Quality Ltf|16th Aug, 2022
P3 Medical Ltd|16th Aug, 2022
Geodis FF UK Ltd|16th Aug, 2022
RAF Odiham|1st Aug, 2022
RAF Odiham|29th Jul, 2022
DAM Health|29th Jul, 2022
Hylomar Ltd|28th Jul, 2022
Arriva Rail London|28th Jul, 2022
Indivior Ltd|27th Jul, 2022
MoD|27th Jul, 2022
27th Jul, 2022
Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners|26th Jul, 2022