CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This two-day certified Sustainability Skills for Managers training course incorporates the IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for Workforce training course on day one, meaning only one additional day is required to complete this training course for individuals who have already completed the Sustainability Skills for Workforce course.
Delegates are assessed by a combination of continuous assessment and a multiple-choice assessment and certificates are provided to all attendees following the training course.
- Risks and Opportunities from Environmental Sustainability
- Laws and Other Compliance Obligations
- Key Environmental Sustainability Issues
- Improving Environmental Sustainability Performance
- Drivers for Change and Barriers
- Using Data for Performance Improvement
- Environmental Sustainability Across the Value Chain
- Improving Resource Efficiency
- Employees and Sustainability Performance
This course will ensure all delegates leave with a good understanding of environmental sustainability risks as well as the ability to identify opportunities to improve their team’s environmental sustainability performance.
- Know and understand most of the main environmental and economic risks/opportunities associated with environmental sustainability
- Be able to confidently explain the rules and regulations surrounding compliance obligations to colleagues in their organisations
- Use data for environmental performance improvement
- Implement strategies in their organisations which can make a positive change to environmental sustainability
- Understand the potential impacts their organisation could have on the environment
- Be able to write a clear concise plan to improve environmental performance within their organisation
- Drive improvements in sustainability through influencing the people they work with
Course dates and venues
Bywater runs 2 IEMA sustainability skills courses. Our 1-day IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce course is designed for anyone interested in sustainability within the organisation. This 2-day IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers training incorporates the workforce course as its first day, and then on the second day goes on to look at opportunities and challenges facing managers and team leaders.
You will be subject to continuous assessment over the course and then sit a short assessment at the end. We will work with you to maximise your chance of success, which will result in your receipt of a certificate giving evidence of your new skills.
Approval and certification of training courses by The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) denotes recognition by the body representing over 15,000 environment and sustainability professionals from around the globe. IEMA’s role is to support individuals and organisations to set, recognise and achieve global sustainability standards and practice. We offer a range of IEMA certified and approved training courses, including our ISO 14001 Lead Auditor and ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training courses. By training with Bywater, you will enjoy the benefits of qualified and experienced tutoring to IEMA’s exacting standards.
We run the IEMA environmental sustainability skills for managers course both at venues across the UK and in our Virtual Classroom, accessible to delegates around the world. If you have a number of managers and leaders to train, we can also set up dedicated training for you at your premises or other location of your choice. Take a look at our course dates and venues to find out about upcoming training.
Natural Environment Research Council|29th Nov, 2023
Peel Ports Group|13th Nov, 2023
Private|8th Nov, 2023
Tata Steel UK Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
Expro North Sea Limited|24th Oct, 2023
British Antarctic Survey|23rd Oct, 2023
Port Of Antwerp-Bruges International|19th Oct, 2023
Trant Engineering Ltd|6th Oct, 2023
Mott MacDonald Ltd|29th Sep, 2023
Vinci Construction Management Ltd|18th Sep, 2023
Premier Partnership|11th Sep, 2023
Humber Bridge Board|31st Aug, 2023