CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The aim of this one-day course is to provide an overview of environmental sustainability, equipping attendees with the knowledge and skills to make positive changes towards meeting the needs of stakeholders (now and in the future) while improving their environmental performance.
Through a series of practical activities and workshops, this IEMA certified training course will explore environmental risks and opportunities, compliance obligations and key sustainability issues.
The training finishes with a 20-minute multiple-choice assessment and IEMA certificates are provided to all participants following the course.
- Environmental Risks & Opportunities
- Environmental Trends and Drivers for Sustainability
- Sustainability Definitions and Common Terms
- Environmental Compliance Requirements
- Key Environmental Sustainability Issues
- Sustainable Behaviours
- How environmental management systems can manage risks and opportunities
- Leave with a knowledge and understanding of the main environmental economic risks and opportunities associated with environmental sustainability.
- Understand rules and regulations surrounding compliance obligations and will be able to identify areas they can make a positive change within their organisations.
- Have a greater understanding of potential impacts their workplace could have on the environment.
- Leave with a clear vision of how to improve environmental performance within their organisation.
Course dates and venues
The IEMA Environmental Sustainability for Workforce training course is designed to give you a window into the world of environmental sustainability, whatever your role within your organisation. In just 1 day you will learn how you can make changes to benefit employees, customers and other stakeholders. You will leave the course with an understanding of drivers and trends, risks and opportunities, and requirements for compliance. You will also receive an IEMA certificate as evidence of your new knowledge.
Bywater also runs the IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers course, which is aimed at helping managers and leaders to understand the impact of sustainability on their teams, and how to make a positive contribution to environmental performance in their business.
We offer the same interactive training whether you are attending one of our venues or using our live Virtual Classroom from home or the office. Online delegates will need a good internet connection, a laptop or desktop computer, headset and microphone, and a camera, as well as access to Zoom. Tutors for venue and online training are the same, and all have a great deal of knowledge and practical experience to share. All attendees at these courses receive a course pack that they can use to follow the course, make notes, and utilise as a refresher after the course.
Natural Environment Research Council|29th Nov, 2023
Peel Ports Group|13th Nov, 2023
Private|8th Nov, 2023
Tata Steel UK Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
Expro North Sea Limited|24th Oct, 2023
British Antarctic Survey|23rd Oct, 2023
Port Of Antwerp-Bruges International|19th Oct, 2023
Trant Engineering Ltd|6th Oct, 2023
Mott MacDonald Ltd|29th Sep, 2023
Vinci Construction Management Ltd|18th Sep, 2023
Premier Partnership|11th Sep, 2023
Humber Bridge Board|31st Aug, 2023