CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
A CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 Internal Quality Management Systems (QMS) Auditor training course (ref: A17953)
This two-day CQI and IRCA certified ISO 9001 Internal Auditor training course is designed to teach attendees to plan and conduct internal QMS audits. They will learn how to play a full and active role in:
- ensuring the adequacy of a quality management system
- ensuring that the system conforms to ISO 9001:2015
- managing the effectiveness of the documented system and efficiency of the operation
- identifying risks and opportunities for process and business improvement
It is suitable for:
- staff who will be involved in performing internal audits within their organisation
- managers responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of an operating unit
- auditees who wish to understand the audit process
Anyone with little or no prior knowledge of ISO 9001 will benefit from first attending our Introduction to ISO 9001:2015 training course. Delivered the day before the Internal Auditor course, the introduction provides an understanding of the requirements (clauses) of ISO 9001 and of key quality management principles. We offer a £100 discount when booking these courses together.
Learn more about prior knowledge requirements and test your understanding with our ISO 9001 Quiz.
- Introduction to quality management systems (QMS) auditing
- Quality management systems (and related standards)
- The attributes and role of an internal auditor
- Factors for determining audit frequency
- The internal audit process: preparation, including planning and writing checklists
- The internal audit process: audit performance, including interviewing techniques
- The internal audit process: audit reporting and follow-up, including closing meeting
- plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit of part of a quality management system based on ISO 9001, and in accordance with ISO 19011
- explain the process-based quality management system model for ISO 9001 with reference to the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle, and the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of quality management systems
- gather objective evidence through interview, observation and sampling of documentation
- write factual audit reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the management system by the implementation of appropriate corrective action
Following successful completion, delegates will receive a CQI and IRCA approved ISO 9001 Internal Auditor training course certificate.
For scheduled courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
This Bywater ISO 9001 Internal Auditor training course is certified by CQI and IRCA, the chartered body globally recognised as leading the drive to help organisations perform better through the application of quality management systems.
Employers can trust that individuals who have undergone the training have been taught the knowledge and skills to play a key role in effecting higher levels of quality in processes across the business.
By completing this course, you will be awarded a certificate that demonstrates your ability to apply your new and practical skills in supporting continuing improvement in your organisation.
Our lead auditor training takes delegates through the concepts and practical application of the standard as needed to conduct or lead management system audits in their own and/or other organisations. If you need to understand how to audit a quality management system in 1st, 2nd or 3rd party organisations, we recommend our ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training course.
If your focus is solely on performing internal audits of your organisation’s quality management system against ISO 9001:2015, then this ISO 9001 Internal Auditor course the right choice for you. On this course you will learn how to help ensure your organisation can become and remain compliant with ISO 9001 and how to support the process of continual improvement.
As a CQI Approved Training Partner, we are held to the highest level of account for our provision of training for ISO 9001:2015 internal auditors. We achieve the excellence required by working with expert tutors and delivering practical and interactive courses – both face-to-face and in our Virtual Classroom.
We are constantly refining our service in the light of delegate feedback. As the UK’s leading independent provider, we can also tailor training to fit the needs of individual customer organisations, including training at their choice of location.
You will need some basic understanding of ISO 9001 and quality management systems to get the most out of the internal auditor training. If you do not have that knowledge you can first attend our 1-day Introduction to ISO 9001:2015 course, which we run on the day before the internal auditor training course. Book both these courses together and you can receive a discount.
You may receive pre-course work to do, and we advise completing this as it will give you a head start in maximising benefit from the course.
We will send your course materials in advance, and you should bring these with you if you are attending in person.
You may find it useful to bring a copy of the ISO 9001:2015 standard to reference throughout the course. If you do not have a copy in the office, you can purchase one from the ISO’s own website or from its international resellers.
If you would like to extend your skills to audit organisations within your supply chain against ISO 9001:2015, you may like to take a look at our ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training course.
If you would like to be part of the implementation of a QMS, you can benefit from attending the ISO 9001 Implementation training course.
In addition, there are a number of specialist skills that you can acquire that will add value to your internal auditor role. These include Process Mapping, Remote Auditing, Root Cause Analysis, Integrated Management Systems and Six Sigma.
National Trading Standards Estate & Letting Agency Team|4th Dec, 2023
Aace|20th Nov, 2023
Lagan Aviation & Infrastructure|17th Nov, 2023
Optect|6th Nov, 2023
Ajax Tocco International Ltd|24th Oct, 2023
Mitie|18th Oct, 2023
Altus Group Ltd|9th Oct, 2023
Network Rail|28th Sep, 2023
Azura Engineering|19th Sep, 2023
Chapmanbdsp Limited|14th Aug, 2023
Professional Elevators Ltd|7th Aug, 2023
Radius Systems Ltd|4th Aug, 2023