A CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 Internal Quality Management Systems (QMS) Auditor training course (ref:A17953)
Internal auditing is one of the fundamental activities for maintaining a Management System and assessing compliance with specified requirements. And with Continual Improvement being one of the key Quality Management Principles of ISO 9001, internal auditing goes beyond compliance and becomes one of the key drivers of business improvement.This two day CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001 Internal Auditor training course is designed to teach individuals to plan and conduct internal QMS audits, and to play a full and active role in:
- ensuring the adequacy of a Quality Management System (QMS)
- ensuring that the system is in compliance with ISO 9001:2015
- managing the effectiveness of the documented system and efficiency of the operation
- identifying opportunities for process and business improvement
- Introduction to Quality Management Systems (QMS) Auditing
- Quality Management Systems (and related standards)
- The Attributes and Role of an Internal Auditor
- Factors for determining Audit Frequency
- The Internal Audit Process: Preparation, including planning and writing checklists
- The Internal Audit Process: Audit Performance, including interviewing techniques
- The Internal Audit Process: Audit Reporting and Follow-Up, including closing meeting
Who Should Attend
- Staff who will be involved in performing internal audits, within their organisation
- Managers responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of an operating unit
- Auditees who wish to understand the audit process
Please note: Some individuals may find it beneficial to attend our Introduction to ISO 9001:2015 training course to gain an understanding of the requirements (clauses) of ISO 9001 and of key quality management principles.
CQI and IRCA expect students to have this prior knowledge and CQI and IRCA certified Internal Auditor courses are not designed to impart this beyond enabling students to apply and extend existing prior knowledge in context with performing a management system audit.
These 1 day courses take place the day before each scheduled Internal Auditor course and we can offer a discount of £100 if booking both courses together. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training Outcomes
By the end of this ISO 9001 Internal Auditor training course, delegates will understand the principles of internal QMS auditing and be able to:
- plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit of part of a quality management system based on ISO 9001, and in accordance with ISO 19011
- explain the process based quality management system model for ISO 9001 with reference to the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle, and the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of quality management systems
- gather objective evidence through interview, observation and sampling of documentation
- write factual audit reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the management system by the implementation of appropriate corrective action