ISO 17025:2017 is an international standard that sets a framework for laboratories involved in testing, sampling and calibration to produce reliable, consistent and technically valid results.
Bywater is Europe’s leading provider of ISO/IEC 17025 consultancy and training services and has laboratory experts across the country. Over the years we have helped hundreds of laboratories from a variety of industries and sectors to implement and improve their management systems.
ISO 17025:2017 is split into two key parts, the development of an effective management system, with requirements aligned to ISO 9001; and laboratory technical requirements, which covers staff competency & training, and method development & validation, ensuring the validity of laboratory generated results and reporting of those results.
- easily demonstrate reliability to potential customers, giving an advantage in tendering processes
- continually improve and maintain operational performance and processes through internal and external assessments (monitoring and evaluation)
- address possible risks and opportunities to continually improve the laboratory and its systems
- create cost effective right first-time testing methods thus reducing the amount of waste and re-testing required
- create a customer focused approach to the business, helping to retain business
- helped thousands of organisations achieve and maintain ISO 17025 certification
- become a world leading provider of ISO 17025 training and consultancy in the UK
- trained delegates from businesses of all shapes and sizes, including offering tailored courses for those working within Forensic Science laboratories
- become an Approved Training Partner (ATP) to the CQI and IRCA offering certified ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training courses
How we can help
ISO 17025 Gap Analysis
A gap analysis involves assessing the current laboratory system to the requirements of ISO 17025, highlighting any areas of non-compliance.
We will provide a full written report with suggested actions which can be used to develop an implementation plan.
Auditing Against ISO 17025
Pre-assessment audits and internal audits assist in reviewing the management systems conformance to ISO 17025 and ensuring the system is effectively implemented and maintained.
From undertaking audit, inclusive of planning and reporting, to assisting with an internal audit, our consultants can provide as much support as required.
ISO 17025 details documentation required by laboratories, including documented laboratory activities and procedures.
Our consultants can review your documentation, provide guidance on documentation which will benefit your management system and create documents on your behalf to assist with business continuity.
Training provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to audit against ISO 17025 to ensure the management system is effectively implemented.
Calibration & Measurement Uncertainty
ISO 17025 requires measurement equipment to be calibrated and for measurement uncertainty to be evaluated.
From reviewing tests conditions to calibration certificates, our consultants will report whether testing and calibration procedures conform to ISO 17025. Training is also available including our Measurement Uncertainty training course.
Speak to us
If you would like to speak to someone about how we can support your organisation call our team on 0333 123 9001 or contact us.
Premier Partnership|22nd Feb, 2021
Thames Water Utilities Ltd|12th Feb, 2021
Impedans Ltd|11th Feb, 2021
Human Fertilisation And Embryology Authority|5th Feb, 2021
Mars Nederland|3rd Feb, 2021
Science and Advice For Scottish Agriculture (SASA)|2nd Feb, 2021