DURATION OF COURSE5 days
CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
A CQI and IRCA Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor Training Course (ref: 17293) online or in-person.
This five-day ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training Course provides delegates with the skills and knowledge to effectively perform first, second and/or third-party audits of an ISO 27001 based system. It follows a central case study through which delegates can develop their skills and confidence to plan, conduct and follow up on an ISO 27001 ISMS audit.
Interactive and participative workshops include an introduction to auditing, risk assessment during an ISO 27001 audit, preparing checklists, auditing techniques and nonconformity reporting.
- Background and overview of ISO 27001 and other information security standards (ISO 27000 Family)
- An introduction to auditing and the auditor’s role
- The role of management in reviewing risk and the effectiveness of the ISMS
- Planning and managing an audit:
- resources and timing
- use of checklists
- selection of audit teams
- Conducting the audit – skills, techniques and auditor competence:
- evaluating the significance of audit findings
- communicating and presenting audit reports
- Nonconformities and improved security as a result of corrective actions
- Management of the third-party assessment and certification process
Please note that CQI and IRCA expect delegates to have prior knowledge of the requirements (clauses) of ISO 27001. Some individuals may find it beneficial to attend our Introduction to ISO 27001 Training course.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- understand the role of audits within the ISMS and the role of auditors in effecting continual improvement.
- plan ISO 27001 audits: including analysis of factors determining audit frequencies and using audit checklists
- conduct ISO 27001 audits: including interviewing techniques and methods for data collection
- close and follow up the audit: including closing meetings, nonconformity assessment and nonconformity report writing
Successful delegates will also receive a CQI and IRCA approved ‘Certificate of Achievement’ and will meet the training requirements for registration with IRCA as a registered ISMS auditor.
Led by an ISO 27001 expert, the course will include interactive workshops and exercises covering topics such as ‘Risk Assessment’ ‘Audit Planning’, and ‘Performing an Audit’.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
De Vere Staverton Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor
De Vere Staverton Estate
De Vere Cheadle House
New Place Hotel
Derivco Sports|25th Feb, 2021
SWLAP|9th Feb, 2021
CHAS 2013 Ltd|7th Jan, 2021
CHAS 2013 Ltd|6th Nov, 2020
CHAS 2013 Ltd|30th Oct, 2020
CHAS 2013 Ltd|5th Oct, 2020