DURATION OF COURSE1 days
CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
The course outlines why ISO/IEC 27001 is such a popular standard and its versatility in this day and age where multiple types of information and systems need to be kept secure with robust checks in place.
Through interactive workshops and slides delegates will be able to develop their understanding of ISO/IEC 27001, including its scope, structure and requirements (clauses). During the course delegates will explore key topics, including the assessment of potential threats and vulnerabilities to an ISMS, Annex SL, and the benefits and considerations of certification.
This Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 Training Course also works well as a foundation for further training, such as the ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor and CQI IRCA ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training courses. When booked with either of these training courses a discount of £100 will be applied.
- Data security and information security in the current environment
- Overview of the ISMS standard ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Assessing potential threats and vulnerabilities from a variety of sources
- The core structure to ISO/IEC 27001, Annex SL, and its potential to be aligned with other popular standards, including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Discussing other standards in the ISO 27000 family
- The benefits and considerations of certification to ISO/IEC 27001
- Sources of information and further development
- Those seeking to gain knowledge of information security management systems and an understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 requirements
- Anyone responsible for managing information security within an organisation
- Those who wish to assess if they should obtain certification to ISO/IEC 27001
- Senior managers involved in the outcome of ISM system audits
- Those who are new to auditing and ISO/IEC 27001 looking to develop a foundation of knowledge for further learning
- the basic requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001 and how they apply in practice
- potential threats and vulnerabilities that an ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS may encounter
- the effects of certification to ISO/IEC 27001 on an organisation
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Hilton Leeds City
Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor
CHAS 2013 Ltd|7th Jan, 2021
CHAS 2013 Ltd|6th Nov, 2020
CHAS 2013 Ltd|30th Oct, 2020
CHAS 2013 Ltd|5th Oct, 2020
CHAS 2013 Ltd|17th Sep, 2020
CHAS 2013 Ltd|9th Sep, 2020