CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The first day of this 2-day course provides a detailed overview of the standard, exploring its benefits, structure and requirements.
On the second day delegates will develop their implementation skills through workshops and activities led by an expert ISMS tutor. Using a central case study, students will build key elements of an ISMS by walking through ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and creating documented information for specific clauses and controls.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will understand the actions required at key stages in an ISMS implementation project, as well as the process for ISO 27001 certification.
This training course is suitable for:
- newly-assigned members of staff wanting gain a greater understanding of how an effective ISMS is developed
- those in charge of implementing an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- anyone supporting the implementation of an ISMS
- anyone wanting to improve an existing ISMS to meet the requirements of ISO 27001
- those at organisations seeking certification to ISO 27001
No prior knowledge of ISO 27001 is required as the course includes the Introduction to ISO 27001 training course.
- overview and analysis of ISO 27001
- the relationship between ISO 27001 and the ISO 27000 family
- key components to an information security management system (ISMS)
- identifying and developing ISMS policies, processes and procedures
- methods for developing an ISMS implementation plan
- risk management
- support and maintenance of an ISO 27001 ISMS
- controls – Annex A and other requirements
- why some ISMS implementations fail
- the certification process and certification body selection
After successful completion of this ISO 27001 Implementation training course delegates will understand:
- the structure and requirements of ISO 27001
- the key components of an information security management system (ISMS)
- the necessary steps of an implementation project, including how to; plan, create policy, assess and manage risk, create objectives, organise training and implement controls
- ISMS documentation requirements
- the certification process
- how to support and maintain an effective ISMS
Dedicated training can take place on your premises or a venue of your choice and will led by an ISO 27001 expert tutor. The course includes interactive workshops and modules to encourage team discussions around how ISO 27001 can be successfully implemented within your organisation. Dedicated training is often more cost effective and convenient for those wishing to train a number of employees.
Course dates and venues
PKF Francis Clark|16th Jun, 2022
Inter Scientific|9th Jun, 2022
British Army|5th Apr, 2022
HawkSight SRM Ltd|17th Jan, 2022
South Yorkshire Police|14th Dec, 2021
Network Rail|13th Dec, 2021
Network Rail|10th Dec, 2021
Titian Software Ltd|7th Dec, 2021
Network Rail|6th Dec, 2021
Gladstone MRM|9th Aug, 2021
Agilitas IT Solutions Limited|4th Aug, 2021
Hampshire Constabulary|2nd Aug, 2021