CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The first day of this 2-day course provides a detailed overview of the standard, exploring its benefits, structure and requirements.
On the second day delegates will develop their implementation skills through workshops and activities led by an expert ISMS tutor. Using a central case study, students will build key elements of an ISMS by walking through ISO/IEC 27001:2022 and creating documented information for specific clauses and controls.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will understand the actions required at key stages in an ISMS implementation project, as well as the process for ISO 27001 certification.
This training course is suitable for:
- newly-assigned members of staff wanting gain a greater understanding of how an effective ISMS is developed
- those in charge of implementing an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- anyone supporting the implementation of an ISMS
- anyone wanting to improve an existing ISMS to meet the requirements of ISO 27001
- those at organisations seeking certification to ISO 27001
No prior knowledge of ISO 27001 is required as the course includes the Introduction to ISO 27001 training course.
- overview and analysis of ISO 27001
- the relationship between ISO 27001 and the ISO 27000 family
- key components to an information security management system (ISMS)
- identifying and developing ISMS policies, processes and procedures
- methods for developing an ISMS implementation plan
- risk management
- support and maintenance of an ISO 27001 ISMS
- controls – Annex A and other requirements
- why some ISMS implementations fail
- the certification process and certification body selection
After successful completion of this ISO 27001 Implementation training course delegates will understand:
- the structure and requirements of ISO 27001
- the key components of an information security management system (ISMS)
- the necessary steps of an implementation project, including how to; plan, create policy, assess and manage risk, create objectives, organise training and implement controls
- ISMS documentation requirements
- the certification process
- how to support and maintain an effective ISMS
Dedicated training can take place on your premises or a venue of your choice and will led by an ISO 27001 expert tutor. The course includes interactive workshops and modules to encourage team discussions around how ISO 27001 can be successfully implemented within your organisation. Dedicated training is often more cost effective and convenient for those wishing to train a number of employees.
Course dates and venues
This ISO 27001 Implementation training course is a good choice for anyone who will be involved in the implementation of an information security management system (ISMS).
The first half of the course will give you a detailed introduction to the standard, while the second half explains how to create and carry out implementation plans.
We understand that if your organisation is new to the concept of ISMS, then you will have managers and teams who need to know about the requirements without getting involved in an implementation. These colleagues may find our 1-day Introduction to ISO 27001 training course a valuable investment of their time.
As well as delivering knowledge to organisations about to embark on an ISMS, this course has plenty to offer those who already have an information security management system.
New members of staff, those wanting to improve their existing ISMS to meet ISO 27001 requirements, and those seeking certification for their organisations, can all benefit from the expert tutoring and knowledge delivered on this course.
Yes, if you have attended the course in full you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Your certificate is your opportunity to update your CV and LinkedIn profile as well as demonstrate to your colleagues and managers your continuing drive to enhance your skill set.
The course is equivalent to 14 hours of CPD.
We offer flexible options in where and when to train.
Our public scheduled courses run at locations across the UK and in our Virtual Classroom worldwide.
Alternatively, you may find it more cost-effective to set up a dedicated training session for just your organisation. You can choose where and when to run the course, enabling you to decide how to manage resources most efficiently during the training period.
Regulus|27th Nov, 2023
Trusted Technology Partnership|21st Nov, 2023
Northrop Grumman UK Ltd|27th Sep, 2023
Huber+suhner Polatis Ltd|18th Sep, 2023
Royal Air Force|8th Sep, 2023
Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA)|3rd May, 2023
EDF Energy Ltd|21st Feb, 2023
Amps Ltd|15th Dec, 2022
RAF|30th Nov, 2022
RAF|30th Nov, 2022
Royal Air Force|5th Oct, 2022
Royal Air Force|5th Sep, 2022