CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Through interactive workshops and presentations led by highly experienced tutors, delegates will develop their understanding of ISO 27001, including its scope, structure and requirements. They will explore key topics, including the determination of risks and vulnerabilities to an ISMS, Annex SL, and the benefits and considerations of certification, with the aim of maintaining or achieving ISO 27001 compliance.
Delegates will leave the course with an understanding of what is needed for an effective ISMS, and all students completing the course will be provided with a certificate.
- those seeking to gain knowledge of information security management systems (ISMS) and an understanding of ISO 27001 requirements
- anyone responsible for managing information security within an organisation
- those who wish to assess if they should obtain certification to ISO 27001
- senior managers involved in the outcome of ISMS system audits
- those who are new to auditing and ISO 27001 and would like to develop a foundation of knowledge prior to undertaking internal auditor and/or lead auditor training
The training course meets the prior knowledge requirements for the ISO 27001 Internal Auditor and CQI and IRCA certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training courses. When booked with either of these training courses a discount of £100 will be applied.
- data security and information security in the current environment
- overview of the information security management system (ISMS) standard ISO 27001:2013
- assessing potential threats and vulnerabilities from a variety of sources
- core structure to ISO 27001, Annex SL, and its potential to be aligned with other popular standards, including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- other standards in the ISO 27000 family, including ISO 27000 and ISO 27002
- risk management
- Annex A controls
- benefits and considerations of certification to ISO 27001
- sources of information and further development
- the meaning of ‘information security’, ‘management systems’ and other key terminology
- the requirements and principles of ISO 27001 and how they apply in practice
- potential threats and vulnerabilities that an information security management system (ISMS) may encounter
- the ISO 27001 certification process
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
PKF Francis Clark|16th Jun, 2022
Inter Scientific|9th Jun, 2022
British Army|5th Apr, 2022
HawkSight SRM Ltd|17th Jan, 2022
South Yorkshire Police|14th Dec, 2021
Network Rail|13th Dec, 2021
Network Rail|10th Dec, 2021
Titian Software Ltd|7th Dec, 2021
Network Rail|6th Dec, 2021
Gladstone MRM|9th Aug, 2021
Agilitas IT Solutions Limited|4th Aug, 2021
Hampshire Constabulary|2nd Aug, 2021