CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Through interactive workshops and presentations led by highly experienced tutors, delegates will develop their understanding of ISO 27001, including its scope, structure and requirements. They will explore key topics, including the determination of risks and vulnerabilities to an ISMS, Annex SL, and the benefits and considerations of certification, with the aim of maintaining or achieving ISO 27001 compliance.
Delegates will leave the course with an understanding of what is needed for an effective ISMS, and all students completing the course will be provided with a certificate.
- those seeking to gain knowledge of information security management systems (ISMS) and an understanding of ISO 27001:2022 requirements
- anyone responsible for managing information security within an organisation
- those who wish to assess if they should obtain certification to ISO 27001
- senior managers involved in the outcome of ISMS system audits
- those who are new to auditing and ISO 27001 and would like to develop a foundation of knowledge prior to undertaking internal auditor and/or lead auditor training
The training course meets the prior knowledge requirements for the ISO 27001 Internal Auditor and CQI and IRCA certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training courses. When booked with either of these training courses a discount of £100 will be applied.
- data security and information security in the current environment
- overview of the information security management system (ISMS) standard ISO 27001:2022
- assessing potential threats and vulnerabilities from a variety of sources
- core structure to ISO 27001, Annex SL, and its potential to be aligned with other popular standards, including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- other standards in the ISO 27000 family, including ISO 27000 and ISO 27002
- risk management
- Annex A controls
- benefits and considerations of certification to ISO 27001
- sources of information and further development
- the meaning of ‘information security’, ‘management systems’ and other key terminology
- the requirements and principles of ISO 27001 and how they apply in practice
- potential threats and vulnerabilities that an information security management system (ISMS) may encounter
- the ISO 27001 certification process
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
This Introduction to ISO 27001 course is designed to give you an understanding of the requirements of ISO 27001:2022.
If you wish to audit your organisation’s information security management system (ISMS) against ISO 27001, then you may like to look at our ISO 27001 Internal Auditor training course, which will fully prepare you to perform this task.
If your aim is to audit external ISMSs of your suppliers and partners as well as your own organisation, then our ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training course would best suit your needs.
Yes, we will send you a certificate of attainment after the course is completed. Demonstrating your new understanding, the certificate will make a useful addition to your CV and LinkedIn profile, as well as highlighting your progress within your organisation. The course is equivalent to 7 hours CPD.
If your organisation does not yet have an ISMS but is considering doing so, you may want to deliver training to a number of employees, managers and stakeholders across the business.
You have several options, enabling you to choose the best fit for your time and budget.
You could join our public scheduled training courses, which run at locations across the UK and in our Virtual Classroom.
Alternatively we can run a dedicated session for your organisation alone, at a time and place to suit you. This could prove to be your most time- and cost-efficient option. If you would like to discuss dedicated training, please get in touch.
No. The focus of this course is to give you an understanding of the requirements and implications of an ISMS and ISO 27001, and you will receive a certificate to prove your attendance without the need to pass an exam.
Regulus|27th Nov, 2023
Trusted Technology Partnership|21st Nov, 2023
Northrop Grumman UK Ltd|27th Sep, 2023
Huber+suhner Polatis Ltd|18th Sep, 2023
Royal Air Force|8th Sep, 2023
Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA)|3rd May, 2023
EDF Energy Ltd|21st Feb, 2023
Amps Ltd|15th Dec, 2022
RAF|30th Nov, 2022
RAF|30th Nov, 2022
Royal Air Force|5th Oct, 2022
Royal Air Force|5th Sep, 2022