CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
IEMA, CQI and IRCA certified Lead Environmental Auditor training course based on ISO 14001:2015. Available online in Virtual Classroom and in-person. CQI and IRCA course ID: 2250.
EMS Auditing provides a proactive mechanism not only for identifying non-conformances to agreed practices, which could prejudice good performance, but also for identifying opportunities for enhancing performance. Properly focused, it is a key process both for ensuring compliance with ISO 14001 and for driving continuous improvement in an organisation’s environmental performance.
This ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training course delivers its learning through theory, case studies and workshop sessions, including some group evening work. It is IEMA, CQI and IRCA certified and fully meets the classroom training requirements for EMS Auditor registration. The course is assessed by continuous assessment and an examination, and is based on ISO 14001:2015.
Places are limited so to book please select the required course date below and complete the booking form. Alternatively call us on 0333 123 9001.
- Environmental Performance Drivers, Benefits and Barriers
- EMS Standards, Fundamentals and Definitions
- In-depth Study of ISO 14001
- The Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
- Environmental Pollution Control Legislation
- Environmental Policies, Objectives and Targets
- Environmental Aspects Analysis
- The Audit Process; Planning and Preparation; Performance; Reporting; Audit Follow-up
- The IEMA EMS Auditor Registration Scheme
- CQI and IRCA Membership
- Those who will be involved in auditing Environmental Management Systems either in-depth internally or as 2nd or 3rd party auditors
- Managers who are responsible for EMS audits
- This course is suitable for those new to both auditing and ISO 14001, as well as auditors in other disciplines such as QMS and H&S
- Those seeking to meet the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA EMS Auditor
- Delegates seeking to meet the training requirements for registration as an IEMA Environmental Auditor
Some individuals find it beneficial to attend our Introduction to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems training course to gain an understanding of management systems and the requirements (clauses) of ISO 14001 prior to attending our ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training course. We recommend students to have this prior knowledge. Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- Apply the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 to the specific processes and needs of your company as well as those of your suppliers
- Assess compliance of an organisation to meet your company’s own internal or external (eg. Certification Body) requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to your organisation and which supports your environmental policy.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing, document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate improvements to the EMS.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an IEMA Registered Environmental Auditor and Principal Environmental Auditor
Upon successful completion, delegates will gain points towards IEMA Environmental Auditor registration and all delegates will receive an IEMA, CQI and IRCA certificate. The course satisfies the training requirements for IRCA Lead Auditor certification.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Hilton Leeds City
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
New Place Hotel
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Europe) Ltd|30th Apr, 2021
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Europe) Ltd|26th Apr, 2021
DR Reddy's Laboratories (Eu) Ltd|23rd Apr, 2021
MOD|16th Apr, 2021
Howdens Joinery Co. Ltd|15th Apr, 2021
Orthoplastics Ltd|14th Apr, 2021