CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
IEMA, CQI & IRCA certified Lead Environmental Auditor training based on ISO 14001:2015. Course ID: 2250
The course gives delegates the skills and confidence to plan, conduct, report and follow up EMS audits. By the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- audit to assess conformance with ISO 14001 requirements
- identify whether the EMS is effectively implemented and maintained
- contribute to the continual improvement of the EMS
The course is built around a central case study that simulates a site audit, giving students practical experience in tackling audit tasks. Workshops, discussions and interactive tutorials cover important topics such as risk-based auditing, assessing environmental aspects and impacts, and EMS nonconformity writing.
Delegates are assessed through a combination of continuous assessment during the course and an online exam after the event.
- undertaking internal audits, supplier audits and certification audits
- leading environmental management system (EMS) audits
- managing EMS audits
- ensuring EMS conformance and continual improvement
- managing EMS maintenance
The course is also of value for career progression, offering essential certified steps towards becoming an IRCA EMS auditor and IEMA registered lead auditor.
Delegates do need an appreciation of ISO 14001 and its requirements before attending this course. For those with little or no prior knowledge, we recommend that they first book onto our Introduction to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems training course. We offer a discount of £100 when booking this course and the Introduction to ISO 14001 EMS together. Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- ISO 14001 requirements
- auditing concepts and standards
- auditing principles, techniques and responsibilities
- stage 1 and stage 2 audits
- audit stages
- planning – defining the audit scope, preparing audit plans and checklists
- conducting the audit – opening meeting, senior management meeting
- reporting – audit report writing and EMS nonconformity writing
- follow up – evaluate corrective actions
- recommendations for certification or reassessment
- life cycle concepts and life cycle assessments
- sustainability and organisational strategy
- environmental aspects and impacts
- environmental legislation
- environmental objectives, environmental policy and continual improvement
- plan, develop and undertake an EMS audit against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011
- assess compliance with ISO 14001, identifying non-conformances, corrective actions and opportunities for improvement
- explain the purpose of an EMS and the benefits of improving environmental performance for the business and society
- define the roles and responsibilities of an auditor
- understand the 3rd party certification process
Upon successful completion, delegates will gain points towards IEMA Environmental Auditor registration. The course also satisfies the training requirements to become an IRCA EMS Lead Auditor. Delegates will receive an IEMA Lead Environmental Auditor certificate and a CQI & IRCA ISO 14001 Lead Auditor certificate.
Course dates and venues
This ISO 14001 Lead Auditor course is CQI and IRCA certified and IEMA certified.
CQI and IRCA stands for Chartered Quality Institute and International Register of Certificated Auditors. Organisations around the world recognise the value of using management systems to control business risk and contribute value. They rely on skilled professionals to assess the performance of their management practices to enhance efficiency and credibility.
IEMA stands for Institute for Environmental Management & Assessment and its role is to support individuals and organisations to set, recognise and achieve global sustainability standards and practice.
Yes, you do need to be familiar with ISO 14001:2015 to make the most of this course. We will send you a pre-course questionnaire to help you assess whether you have sufficient current knowledge to benefit from ISO 14001 lead auditor training. You will also be asked to bring the questionnaire to the course to support group discussions.
If you have little or no prior knowledge, you might like to take advantage of our Introduction to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems training course. We offer a discount of £100 when booking this course and the Introduction to ISO 14001 EMS together.
If you are unsure about your level of knowledge, we would be happy to discuss. Just call us on 0333 123 9001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Success is achieved through a combination of continuous assessment during the course and an exam. During the training course your tutor will be monitoring your participation and understanding to ensure you can make the most of your training.
You will then take the exam in your own time, but within 30 days from the end of the course. Practice questions and the exam itself are available on a portal supported by a 3rd party. You will be given full instructions on how to log in and answer the multiple choice questions and we will help you to understand how to approach the exam and its various styles of questions.
Your successful completion will culminate in a certificate to provide evidence of your newly acquired skills.
Delegates receive two certificates following successful completion of the course and exam:
- CQI & IRCA ISO 14001 Lead Auditor certificate of achievement. This meets the training requirements for those seeking to apply as an IRCA EMS auditor.
- IEMA Lead Environmental Auditor certificate. This contributes towards the auditor registration with IEMA.
Provision of certificates is subject to full attendance and payment of all course fees.
Our ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training courses meet the requirements of two key professional bodies, demonstrating our strength in course content and the high quality of our tutors.
We are a leading provider and Approved Training Partner of CQI (Chartered Quality Institute) and IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors), the organisation that focuses on quality management systems. We are also a leading global IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment) training provider.
We work hard to ensure that delegates can make the most of their learning experience with us. We believe that full participation in training programmes is the best way to achieve success. That is why we combine tutor-led learning with fully interactive discussions, workshops, role play and case studies. We place great importance on the knowledge and expertise of our tutors, who bring to the classroom their substantial practical experience in advising organisations of all sizes to manage their environmental impacts.
We have been delivering training courses for 40 years, and today we run over 1000 courses every year, with many complementing each other to help employees on their chosen career paths.
We understand the importance of listening to our customers. Your feedback at the end of the course enables us to continually improve the training and service that we deliver.
Smurfit Kappa Group|10th Oct, 2023
Hemsley Fraser Group|2nd Oct, 2023
Fugro GeoServices Ltd|28th Jun, 2023
Global HSE Solutions|26th May, 2023
Amtri Veritas Ltd|16th May, 2023
Palmer Environmental|9th Mar, 2023
Day Group Ltd|17th Jan, 2023
Mace Group|16th Jan, 2023
Park Cake Bakery|5th Oct, 2022
British Cable Company|5th Sep, 2022
Arriva Rail London|28th Jul, 2022
Pennant Property Ltd|30th May, 2022