CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Whether your organisation is already certified to ISO 14001, working towards achieving ISO 14001 certification or considering implementation, this 1-day interactive course will give delegates a clear understanding of the clauses within ISO 14001, why an EMS is important and how to identify environmental risks and opportunities.
- needing to understand ISO 14001 as part of their job role
- preparing to attend our ISO 14001 Internal Auditor* or Lead Auditor course
- ready to extend their existing auditor skills to audit against ISO 14001
- considering implementing ISO 14001 within the organisation
- responsible for the effectiveness of an EMS
- IEMA members looking at their continued professional development
*If you are specifically interested in training for the EMS internal auditor role, you may find our Internal Environmental Management System (EMS) Auditor training course suitable. It brings together this 1-day Introduction to ISO 14001 training course and our 2-day Internal Auditor training course into one combined 3-day package.
- background to environmental management systems (EMS)
- EMS and related standards
- overview of ISO 14001
- context, scoping and life cycle
- people – responsibilities, competence and communication
- environmental risks and opportunities
- environmental legislation
- identification and assessment of environmental aspects and impacts
- using an EMS for improvement
- monitoring, auditing and corrective action
- documented information
- have a thorough understanding of the purpose, structure and requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- understand the importance of implementing ISO 14001 within their organisation
- appreciate their organisation’s obligations in terms of ISO 14001 requirements and environmental legislation
- be able to assess the environmental impact of their organisation’s activities, products and services
- be ready to contribute to the improvement of the EMS
A certificate of completion will be awarded to delegates who attend the whole course, in recognition of their knowledge and understanding of ISO 14001:2015.
Course dates and venues
This course is a good place to start learning about ISO 14001 and environmental management systems. If you are not sure, then a yes to any of these questions will mean that the course can provide value to you in your role:
- Do you know about ISO 14001 but want to understand more about environmental management systems?
- Are you already an auditor for other standards and want to extend your skills into ISO 14001?
- Is your organisation considering implementing an EMS?
- Does your organisation already have an EMS and you have a role in maintaining its effectiveness?
- Are you a member of the IEMA professional body who wants to progress their continued professional development?
If you are intending to become an EMS auditor, you may benefit more from taking a look at our 3-day IEMA certified Internal Environmental Management Systems Auditor training course, which incorporates this introduction course before expanding on the theme of auditing.
At the end of the course you will receive a certificate providing evidence that you have attended the course and learned about the key aspects ISO 14001 and the role and value of environmental management systems. The course is equivalent to 7 hours of CPD.
After completing this course you will be in an excellent position to play a role in your organisation’s EMS strategy, and to follow up with auditor training and implementation skills training.
Yes, you will receive a certificate of attendance, which you are free to use to update your CV and career profile on platforms such as LinkedIn.
Our key ISO 14001 training courses, including this introduction to EMS and ISO 14001, have been approved by IEMA, the leading body for environmental professionals. That means we have been recognised as delivering high-quality valuable content and services to our delegates.
We always focus on the needs and preferences of our customers. To do that we offer a full programme of training dates in a choice of venues across the UK and in our global Virtual Classroom. We can also provide dedicated training for organisations with a number of employees to train at one time. We ask for feedback and will act on delegates’ suggestions for improving our training and customer services.
We have the benefit of 40 years of experience in business training, and the services of highly knowledgeable tutors who all have experience in EMS and ISO 14001.
If you have any questions about your training needs, please do contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Peel Ports Group|13th Nov, 2023
Tata Steel UK Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
Expro North Sea Limited|24th Oct, 2023
Port Of Antwerp-Bruges International|19th Oct, 2023
Trant Engineering Ltd|6th Oct, 2023
Mott MacDonald Ltd|29th Sep, 2023
Premier Partnership|11th Sep, 2023
Ubitricity Distributed Energy Systems UK Ltd|30th Aug, 2023
Alstom Transport UK Ltd|26th Jul, 2023
Private|11th Jul, 2023
Marine Ventures Ltd|19th Jun, 2023
Private|16th Jun, 2023