An IEMA certified Internal EMS Auditor training course based on ISO 14001:2015
An effective Environmental Management System can help organisations manage their impact on the environment and improve the performance of their business, and Internal Auditors play the crucial role in assessing the effectiveness of this system and being a force for continual improvement.
Through a series of workshops and interactive tutorials, this 3 day IEMA certified Internal EMS Auditor training course will teach you how to conduct environmental management system audits for effectiveness, improvement and to determine compliance with the international standard for environmental management systems, ISO 14001.
Delegates are assessed by a combination of continuous assessment and an open book end of course examination and successful completion contributes towards IEMA Environmental Auditor registration.
- The purpose and benefits of management systems and the high level structure of ISO 14001, Annex SL.
- The role of Internal Audits within an Environmental Management System
- Identifying Environmental Aspects, which may relate to:
- Emissions to air
- Releases to water and land
- Use of raw materials and natural resources
- Use of energy and energy emitted
- Generation of waste
- Use of space
- The requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Environmental Legislation
- Audit process, including:
- Audit Planning – prioritising environmental risks
- Checklists and preparation for audit interviews
- Audit interviews
- Clear and comprehensive non-conformity report writing
You may be an Environmental professional who is completely new to auditing, or an existing Quality, Health & Safety (or other) auditor wishing to understand the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, environmental aspects and their impacts, and how to conduct an effective EMS audit.
This IEMA training course is also suitable for anyone seeking points towards their IEMA membership or for existing IEMA Members wishing to broaden their knowledge and skills in environmental management systems.
You will have learned how to identify and explain environmental aspects and their impacts on the environment (positive or negative) and establish which are significant and how this will affect your audit priorities. You will also be introduced to the framework of UK environmental law and where current environmental legislation can be found.
Following the international standard for auditing, ISO 19011, you will have acquired the knowledge and skills to competently audit an environmental management system for its effectiveness, compliance and improvement opportunities, through:
- audit planning and preparation to determine audit priorities
- effective checklist writing
- sound questioning / interviewing techniques
- evaluating findings using objective evidence
- audit report writing
Upon successful completion, delegates will gain points towards IEMA Environmental Auditor registration and all delegates will receive an IEMA certificate.
This training course will contribute 24 hours towards your CPD (continuing professional development).