CPDEquivalent to 24 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
An IEMA certified Internal EMS Auditor training course based on ISO 14001:2015.
By attending this course, students will:
- gain a thorough understanding of ISO 14001 and the benefits and implications of an EMS
- learn how to conduct an audit of an EMS against ISO 14001 to assess its effectiveness
- help to drive continual improvement
The course uses a combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops, case studies and role play with real-world environmental examples to enable students to practise their skills.
Assessment is by continuous evaluation and a 1 hour exam on the final day which combines written answers and multiple choice questions.
- anyone intending to plan, perform and conduct an environmental management system (EMS) audit
- those responsible for developing, maintaining and continually improving the EMS
- managers who need a thorough understanding of ISO 14001 so that they can integrate an EMS into the organisation’s business processes and align it with other business priorities
- environmental professionals who are new to auditing
- existing quality, health and safety, or other auditors who wish to understand the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and how to conduct an effective EMS audit
- existing IEMA members who would like to extend their knowledge and skills into the field of EMS
- purpose and benefits of management systems and the high-level structure of ISO 14001, Annex SL
- requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- role of internal audits within an EMS
- the internal audit process, including:
- audit planning – prioritising environmental risks, assigning audit team members, preparing checklists
- conducting the audit in line with the audit plan including audit interviews
- audit reporting – closing meeting and nonconformity report writing
- follow-up – agreeing corrective actions and ensuring they are effective
- continual improvement of the EMS
- identifying environmental aspects and impacts, such as:
- emissions to air
- releases to water and land
- use of raw materials and natural resources
- use of energy and energy emitted
- generation of waste
- use of space
- environmental legislation
- explain the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and its associated certification process
- outline the framework of UK environmental law and where current environmental legislation can be found
- plan, conduct, report and follow up on an internal audit of an EMS against ISO 14001, in line with ISO 19011
- identify environmental impacts, determine whether they are significant, and consider how they may affect audit priorities
- identify and manage risks relating to the EMS
Upon successful completion of this course delegates will gain points towards IEMA Environmental Auditor registration and all delegates will receive an IEMA certificate.
Click the button below to discuss when and where you would like your training to take place.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
NMB Minebea UK Ltd|22nd Jul, 2022
University of Chichester Business School|12th Jul, 2022
Keystone Lintels|10th Jun, 2022
Horticultural Trades Association|9th Jun, 2022
Palram DPL Ltd|8th Jun, 2022
Ramboll UK Ltd|7th Jun, 2022
Pennant Property Ltd|30th May, 2022
Bureau Veritas|19th May, 2022
Neville UK Plc|19th Apr, 2022
Simply Sustainable Ltd|12th Apr, 2022
Chelverton Asset Management|11th Apr, 2022
London School Of Economics And Political Science|11th Apr, 2022