CPDEquivalent to 24 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
An IEMA certified Internal EMS Auditor training course based on ISO 14001:2015.
By attending this course, students will:
- gain a thorough understanding of ISO 14001 and the benefits and implications of an EMS
- learn how to conduct an audit of an EMS against ISO 14001 to assess its effectiveness
- help to drive continual improvement
The course uses a combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops, case studies and role play with real-world environmental examples to enable students to practise their skills.
Assessment is by continuous evaluation and a 1 hour exam on the final day which combines written answers and multiple choice questions.
- anyone intending to plan, perform and conduct an environmental management system (EMS) audit
- those responsible for developing, maintaining and continually improving the EMS
- managers who need a thorough understanding of ISO 14001 so that they can integrate an EMS into the organisation’s business processes and align it with other business priorities
- environmental professionals who are new to auditing
- existing quality, health and safety, or other auditors who wish to understand the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and how to conduct an effective EMS audit
- existing IEMA members who would like to extend their knowledge and skills into the field of EMS
- purpose and benefits of management systems and the high-level structure of ISO 14001, Annex SL
- requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- role of internal audits within an EMS
- the internal audit process, including:
- audit planning – prioritising environmental risks, assigning audit team members, preparing checklists
- conducting the audit in line with the audit plan including audit interviews
- audit reporting – closing meeting and nonconformity report writing
- follow-up – agreeing corrective actions and ensuring they are effective
- continual improvement of the EMS
- identifying environmental aspects and impacts, such as:
- emissions to air
- releases to water and land
- use of raw materials and natural resources
- use of energy and energy emitted
- generation of waste
- use of space
- environmental legislation
- explain the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and its associated certification process
- outline the framework of UK environmental law and where current environmental legislation can be found
- plan, conduct, report and follow up on an internal audit of an EMS against ISO 14001, in line with ISO 19011
- identify environmental impacts, determine whether they are significant, and consider how they may affect audit priorities
- identify and manage risks relating to the EMS
Upon successful completion of this course delegates will gain points towards IEMA Environmental Auditor registration and all delegates will receive an IEMA certificate.
Click the button below to discuss when and where you would like your training to take place.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
This Internal Environment Management System Auditor training course is suitable for anyone who would like to learn about environmental management systems and auditing against the ISO 14001 standard from scratch. It combines our Introduction to ISO 14001 course and the ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course in a single 3-day package.
If you already have an understanding of EMS and ISO 14001 but want to know more about internal auditing against this standard, you can book directly onto the 2-day ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course.
No, this course includes our Introduction to ISO 14001 training course, so it is suitable for people who are new to the subject, or for anyone who would benefit from a refresher.
No, this course includes our ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course, so you will be given an understanding of the knowledge and practical skills involved in auditing your own organisation’s environmental management system against ISO 14001.
Yes, this Bywater course is certified by IEMA, the professional body for those working in environmental and sustainability roles. When you successfully complete the course you will receive an IEMA certificate to demonstrate your achievement. You will also gain points towards IEMA Environmental Auditor registration, should you wish to take this step.
Bywater is a world leader in environmental management training services providing organisations with the necessary guidance to establish and maintain an environmental management system in line with the world’s most recognised environmental management standard, ISO 14001.
Our training and consultancy services are recognised globally by the professional certification bodies of IEMA and CQI & IRCA. We offer complementary courses in areas such as lead and internal auditing, implementation, waste management, carbon management and sustainability skills.
Peel Ports Group|13th Nov, 2023
Tata Steel UK Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
Expro North Sea Limited|24th Oct, 2023
Port Of Antwerp-Bruges International|19th Oct, 2023
Trant Engineering Ltd|6th Oct, 2023
Mott MacDonald Ltd|29th Sep, 2023
Premier Partnership|11th Sep, 2023
Ubitricity Distributed Energy Systems UK Ltd|30th Aug, 2023
Alstom Transport UK Ltd|26th Jul, 2023
Private|11th Jul, 2023
Marine Ventures Ltd|19th Jun, 2023
Private|16th Jun, 2023