CPDEquivalent to 15 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
IEMA approved ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course, available online and at locations across the UK.
The course teaches attendees how to carry out regular planned audits that will enable them to check the performance of their organisation’s environmental management systems (EMS) against both the ISO 14001 standard and their organisation’s own requirements. They will also learn how to determine whether their EMS is being effectively maintained.
The 2-day course employs interactive training through group workshops, tutorials and discussions for a practical approach to learning new skills.
Students are evaluated by continuous assessment and a 1-hour exam that combines written and multiple choice questions. Attendees successfully completing the course receive an IEMA approved ISO 14001 Internal Auditor certificate.
- those who understand ISO 14001 and now wish to learn how perform an internal EMS audit
- IEMA members who wish to expand their knowledge to cover EMS
- those seeking to understand the audit process
- those responsible for maintaining and continually improving the EMS
- auditees who are due to be audited and wish to understand the audit process in more depth
Please note that delegates do need good prior knowledge of ISO 14001 and environmental management systems (EMS) terms, definitions and requirements to derive the greatest benefit from this course. This knowledge can be gained by attending our Introduction to ISO 14001:2015 1-day course.
Alternatively, you may like to look at our Internal Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Auditor training course, which brings together the Introduction to ISO 14001:2015 course and this ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course into one 3-day package.
- introduction to internal environmental management systems (EMS) auditing
- overview of ISO 19011:2018 principles of auditing
- the audit programme
- stages in the EMS audit
- audit roles and responsibilities
- auditing skills
- undertaking an internal audit
- initiation – confirming the scope
- audit preparation – reviewing documented information, creating audit plans and checklists
- conducting the audit – audit methods, sourcing objective evidence, opening meeting
- audit reporting – closing meeting, EMS audit report writing, corrective actions and nonconformity writing
- understand the roles and responsibilities of an auditor, and the characteristics of a ‘good’ auditor
- undertake an internal audit of an EMS in line with ISO 14001
- determine audit priorities within a given scope
- take a risk-based approach to auditing
- perform audit interviews using appropriate questioning techniques
- write clear and comprehensive nonconformity statements
- summarise audit findings and discuss these with a senior manager in a closing meeting
- contribute to continuing improvement
Delegates will also receive an IEMA approved ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course certificate.
Click the button below to discuss when and where you would like your training to take place.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
This course is the right choice for anyone who already has an understanding of environmental management systems and ISO 14001, and now wants to know more about internal auditing.
The Internal Environment Management System Auditor training course is a good choice for those have not yet gained a basic understanding of EMS and ISO 14001. It combines our Introduction to ISO 14001 and the ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course in one 3-day package.
This course is approved by IEMA, the professional body for everyone working in environment and sustainability, and all delegates receive a certificate upon completion, provided they have attended the course in full. Attendees can use the certificate to update their CVs and career profiles.
We offer a range of complementary ISO 14001 training courses that enable you to extend your EMS auditing skills, learn to implement an EMS, and focus on specific areas of environmental policy. These include waste management and carbon management, as well as sustainability skills for both the workforce and managers.
We run the ISO 14001 Internal Auditor course both in face-to-face venues across the UK and in our Virtual Classroom for delegates in the UK and around the world. You can find and book all classes above. Alternatively, if you have several employees to train at one time you may like to look at our dedicated training option, run by our expert tutors at a place and time to suit you.
No, you can choose which course to attend, depending on your requirements.
This course will teach you the practical skills for carrying out ISO 14001 internal audits within your organisation.
If you wish to learn how to conduct 2nd and 3rd party audits outside of your organisation, then our ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training course will give you this knowledge as well as how to perform internal audits.
Peel Ports Group|13th Nov, 2023
Tata Steel UK Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
Expro North Sea Limited|24th Oct, 2023
Port Of Antwerp-Bruges International|19th Oct, 2023
Trant Engineering Ltd|6th Oct, 2023
Mott MacDonald Ltd|29th Sep, 2023
Premier Partnership|11th Sep, 2023
Ubitricity Distributed Energy Systems UK Ltd|30th Aug, 2023
Alstom Transport UK Ltd|26th Jul, 2023
Private|11th Jul, 2023
Marine Ventures Ltd|19th Jun, 2023
Private|16th Jun, 2023