CPDEquivalent to 15 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
IEMA approved ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course, available online and at locations across the UK.
The course teaches attendees how to carry out regular planned audits that will enable them to check the performance of their organisation’s environmental management systems (EMS) against both the ISO 14001 standard and their organisation’s own requirements. They will also learn how to determine whether their EMS is being effectively maintained.
The 2-day course employs interactive training through group workshops, tutorials and discussions for a practical approach to learning new skills.
Students are evaluated by continuous assessment and a 1-hour exam that combines written and multiple choice questions. Attendees successfully completing the course receive an IEMA approved ISO 14001 Internal Auditor certificate.
- those who understand ISO 14001 and now wish to learn how perform an internal EMS audit
- IEMA members who wish to expand their knowledge to cover EMS
- those seeking to understand the audit process
- those responsible for maintaining and continually improving the EMS
- auditees who are due to be audited and wish to understand the audit process in more depth
Please note that delegates do need good prior knowledge of ISO 14001 and environmental management systems (EMS) terms, definitions and requirements to derive the greatest benefit from this course. This knowledge can be gained by attending our Introduction to ISO 14001:2015 1-day course.
Alternatively, you may like to look at our Internal Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Auditor training course, which brings together the Introduction to ISO 14001:2015 course and this ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course into one 3-day package.
- introduction to internal environmental management systems (EMS) auditing
- overview of ISO 19011:2018 principles of auditing
- the audit programme
- stages in the EMS audit
- audit roles and responsibilities
- auditing skills
- undertaking an internal audit
- initiation – confirming the scope
- audit preparation – reviewing documented information, creating audit plans and checklists
- conducting the audit – audit methods, sourcing objective evidence, opening meeting
- audit reporting – closing meeting, EMS audit report writing, corrective actions and nonconformity writing
- understand the roles and responsibilities of an auditor, and the characteristics of a ‘good’ auditor
- undertake an internal audit of an EMS in line with ISO 14001
- determine audit priorities within a given scope
- take a risk-based approach to auditing
- perform audit interviews using appropriate questioning techniques
- write clear and comprehensive nonconformity statements
- summarise audit findings and discuss these with a senior manager in a closing meeting
- contribute to continuing improvement
Click the button below to discuss when and where you would like your training to take place.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
NMB Minebea UK Ltd|22nd Jul, 2022
University of Chichester Business School|12th Jul, 2022
Keystone Lintels|10th Jun, 2022
Horticultural Trades Association|9th Jun, 2022
Palram DPL Ltd|8th Jun, 2022
Ramboll UK Ltd|7th Jun, 2022
Pennant Property Ltd|30th May, 2022
Bureau Veritas|19th May, 2022
Neville UK Plc|19th Apr, 2022
Simply Sustainable Ltd|12th Apr, 2022
Chelverton Asset Management|11th Apr, 2022
London School Of Economics And Political Science|11th Apr, 2022