An IEMA certified ISO 14001:2015 Internal EMS Auditor training course
- Determine compliance and identify areas for improvement against the requirements of ISO 14001 and related standards
- Competently conduct effective audits and implement corrective action programmes
- Identify areas for continuing improvement that provide on-going benefits to a company’s growth and success.
- Contribute to the requirements to register as an IEMA Environmental Auditor.
This three day ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course will equip delegates with knowledge of the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 and Eco-Management and Audit Regulation (EMAR), providing them with the skills to competently perform internal EMS audits. The course will be run to ISO 14001:2015.
To book please select your preferred date and complete the registration form. Alternatively call us on 0333 123 9001.
- Defining the purpose and structure of the EMS Standards ISO 14001, Eco-Management and Audit Regulation (EMAR)
- Review of environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Auditing skills and techniques:
- Planning – use of checklists
- Interviewing and evaluation of information
- Observation – objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of nonconformities
- Auditing effective improvement programmes
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend
- Those responsible carrying out environmental system audits
- Experienced quality auditors who want to audit environmental management systems and who need to show professional competence in this subject.
- Environmental auditors needing knowledge of the EMS auditing process.
- Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal EMS audits
- Interpret the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 and other EMS standards and codes of practice.
- Plan and prepare for an internal audit with an understanding of auditing processes and documentation.
- Identify environmental aspects and determine audit priorities.
- Create appropriate audit checklists and improve auditor skills and interviewing techniques.
- Produce professional audit reports and justify cases for corrective action and improvement.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an IEMA Environmental Auditor specialising in EMS assessments.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, include assessment of environmental aspects and impacts, audit planning, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, and reporting results back to Senior Management. Evening work groups prepare responses to case study situations.