DURATION OF COURSE5 days
CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
A CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) Auditor/Lead Auditor training course (Course ID: 17954)
Auditing a Quality Management System is a prime mechanism for identifying and developing improvement opportunities, but that can only happen if the audit process is focused on capability and effectiveness. This five day ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training course reflects fully the concepts and requirements of ISO 9001 representing the very latest approach for internal and external auditing, and is designed to:
- provide delegates with the essential knowledge and skills related to the process of auditing quality management systems in relation to ISO 9001:2015
- outline the fundamentals of auditing practice and provide practical experience in planning, performing and reporting the audit, and to consider the issues related to managing the audit programme and the audit
- demonstrate the process for determining the effectiveness of the company’s management system in achieving the declared business quality objectives
- provide an understanding of the follow-up actions that seek to verify the effectiveness of a supplier’s implemented improvements
- address the guidelines in ISO 19011 and CQI and IRCA registration criteria
Through a series of workshops and role plays, delegates are exposed to a wide variety of situations to enable them to apply and practice their skills in every phase of the audit process, from Opening Meeting to Final Report. One central case study builds throughout the course to demonstrate how both customer and supplier objectives can be achieved and the course concludes with an examination on the final day.
Key topics include:
- Principles of Business Process Management
- Business Management Systems
- Management System Standards (ISO 9001 Series)
- Introduction to Auditing
- Managing the Audit Programme
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Performing an audit
- Audit Reporting and Follow Up
Who Should Attend
- Those who will be involved in conducting 1st, 2nd and / or 3rd party audits
- Managers who will be responsible for audit teams
- Those wishing to apply for IRCA QMS Auditor grades*
Some individuals find it beneficial to attend our Introduction to ISO 9001:2015 training course to gain an understanding of the requirements (clauses) of ISO 9001 and of key quality management principles. CQI and IRCA expect students to have this prior knowledge.
CQI and IRCA certified Lead Auditor courses are not designed to impart this beyond enabling students to apply and extend existing prior knowledge in context with performing a management system audit.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
By the end of this ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training course delegates will be able to demonstrate achievement of the course learning objectives, which are to:
- describe the purpose of a quality management system, of QMS standards (including ISO 9001), of management system audits and of third-party certification
- explain the role of an auditor
- have the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a quality management system audit to establish conformity with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
Successful completion of this ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course will satisfy the training requirements for IRCA certification to all grades of Quality Management System Auditor.
This CQI and IRCA certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training course can be held on a dedicated basis at your premises, a venue of your choice or online through Virtual Classroom training. The 5 day course is led by an ISO 9001 expert tutor and it includes interactive workshops, case studies and team activities covering a range of topics including ‘Developing the Audit Plan’, ‘Checklist of Process Audit’ and ‘Conduct Audit Interviews’.
Course Dates and Venues
De Vere Beaumont Estate
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Mercure Rougemont Hotel
Lopez And White Partnership Ltd|13th Jul, 2020
Nottingham City Council|10th Jul, 2020
Rural Payments Agency|3rd Jul, 2020
Fischer Fixings UK Ltd|1st Jul, 2020
DRG Site Services|27th Jun, 2020
EDF|26th Jun, 2020