A CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) Auditor/Lead Auditor training course (Course ID: 17954)
- provide delegates with the essential knowledge and skills related to the process of auditing quality management systems in relation to ISO 9001:2015
- outline the fundamentals of auditing practice and provide practical experience in planning, performing and reporting the audit, and to consider the issues related to managing the audit programme and the audit
- demonstrate the process for determining the effectiveness of the company’s management system in achieving the declared business quality objectives
- provide an understanding of the follow-up actions that seek to verify the effectiveness of a supplier’s implemented improvements
- address the guidelines in ISO 19011 and CQI and IRCA registration criteria
Key topics include:
- Principles of Business Process Management
- Business Management Systems
- Management System Standards (ISO 9001 Series)
- Introduction to Auditing
- Managing the Audit Programme
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Performing an audit
- Audit Reporting and Follow Up
Who Should Attend
- Those who will be involved in conducting 1st, 2nd and / or 3rd party audits
- Managers who will be responsible for audit teams
- Those wishing to apply for IRCA QMS Auditor grades*
Some individuals may find it beneficial to attend our Introduction to ISO 9001:2015 training course to gain an understanding of the requirements (clauses) of ISO 9001 and of key quality management principles.
CQI and IRCA expect students to have this prior knowledge and CQI and IRCA certified Lead Auditor courses are not designed to impart this beyond enabling students to apply and extend existing prior knowledge in context with performing a management system audit.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training Outcomes
- describe the purpose of a quality management system, of QMS standards (including ISO 9001), of management system audits and of third-party certification
- explain the role of an auditor
- have the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a quality management system audit to establish conformity with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
Successful completion of this ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course will satisfy the training requirements for IRCA certification to all grades of Quality Management System Auditor.