CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The course provides an in-depth overview of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and its relevance to quality management and business improvement. Attendees will learn about the key features of a process-based Quality Management System (QMS), and the importance of considering risk in planning.
This one-day course will enable delegates to:
- fully appreciate the business benefits of a QMS
- understand how to use the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) model for managing risk and facilitating continual improvement.
At a practical level, the course is an excellent starting place for those who:
- need to understand ISO 9001:2015 as part of their job role
- have responsibility for business improvement and customer relationships
- are involved in the implementation or maintenance of a QMS, now or in the future
- are new to auditing and need an understanding of quality management and ISO 9001
The course would also provide insight for senior leaders and management into the value and business benefits of implementing an effective QMS based on ISO 9001.
The course is an ideal introduction for aspiring auditors, and we offer a discount of £100 for those booking the Introduction to ISO 9001:2015 training course together with the Internal Auditor training or Lead Auditor training courses. Use the ‘Book Now’ button next to your preferred date and then click ‘Add Recommended Course’ to take advantage of this offer. To help delegates get the most from their training, we run this course on the day before each scheduled ISO 9001 Internal Auditor course.
- Overview of ISO 9001:2015 and its relevance to a business/Quality Management System
- Identifying key interested parties, the key issues of business, and risk-based thinking
- Communication, resources, training, competence and documented information
- Quality management principles and the key components of a QMS
- Annex SL as a framework for all management system standards
- Process approach and how it is used in quality management
- How a QMS establishes a culture of continual improvement
- Leadership and management commitment
- Integration of management systems
- Performance evaluation and analysis
- The role of certification bodies.
- understand the principles and interpret the key requirements of ISO 9001:2015, and appreciate how they apply to their business processes
- be able to initiate the QMS implementation process (or develop and enhance their existing QMS) within their organisation
- be able to share the knowledge with their colleagues.
Course dates and venues
Citizens Advice|5th May, 2022
Octopus International Business Services Ltd|14th Apr, 2022
Private|24th Feb, 2022
Private|22nd Feb, 2022
Momentum Transport Consultancy|21st Feb, 2022
Zeppelin Systems Ltd|15th Feb, 2022
West African Health Organisation (WAHO)|25th Jan, 2022
West African Health Organisation (WAHO)|24th Jan, 2022
AWP Marine Consultancy Ltd|5th Jan, 2022
Kasdon Electronics|2nd Jan, 2022
Simtek Ems Ltd.|31st Dec, 2021
A&L Mechanical Installations Ltd|28th Dec, 2021