DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Contract Management training course online or in person for optimising contract performance.
Contract Management is the means by which organisational objectives are delivered through contractual arrangements with suppliers. In many organisations the role of Contract Manager is delegated to operational management and therefore segregated, in terms of responsibilities, from the procurement process. Effective contract management requires a coordinated and structured approach to supplier management lead by individuals with a breadth of procedural and interpersonal skill sets.
This 2 day tutor-led Contract Management training course is designed to enhance the performance and confidence of personnel involved in managing supplier contracts, thereby optimising the delivery of value from external supply contracts. The course includes interactive exercises and workshops allowing delegates to put ideas learnt into practice. Day 1 covers the content of the Contract Management Fundamentals training course.
When delivered on a dedicated basis, this contract management course can be readily customised to enable client specific contract management strategy, policy and guidance to be incorporated into course materials and delivery.
We also have extensive experience of facilitating post-course learning for our dedicated training clients, providing delegates with support in applying the learning from the course to their roles and delivering real contract performance improvement and return on investment (ROI) for their organisation.
- The role of the Contract Manager
- Structuring the contract management process to optimise contract performance
- The Contract Management Lifecycle
- The structure of the legal contract and the practical implications for Contract Managers
- The role of risk management in managing supplier contracts and business continuity
- Contract performance management tools and techniques, including key performance indicators (KPIs) and service-level agreements (SLAs)
- Contract Healthcheck and SWOT analysis
- Performance management and continuous improvement
- The application of supply chain management and process improvement principles to deliver contract objectives
- Effective supplier and stakeholder relationship management
- Problem solving tools and techniques
- The Contract Management Framework (CMF)
- Contract Scorecards
- Benchmarking, performance reviews and dispute resolution
- Managing under-performance and contractual issues effectively
- The Supplier performance review meeting
- Common contract clauses
Who Should Attend
Personnel responsible for managing the performance of supplier contracts
- Managers responsible for supporting contract management staff (operations and procurement)
- Supplier personnel responsible for managing contract delivery with their customers
- Procurement personnel requiring a detailed insight to contract performance management
On completion of this face to face or tutor-led online contract management training course, delegates will be able to confidently:
- Understand their role and the role of others in managing supplier contracts
- Structure their approach to managing contracts and negotiate with suppliers
- Manage and facilitate improved contract performance through sound procedures and motivation of supplier personnel
- Manage supplier performance making effective use of review meetings and other approaches
- Make a professional impact in their relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Input to and utilise the written contract in their management of contracts
- Deliver tangible improvements and benefits from their supply contracts
Our Contract Management Training Course can be provided on a dedicated basis at your premises, a venue of your choice or online in our Virtual Classroom. The course includes interactive workshops which encourages your team to discuss topics such as ‘Risk Management’, ‘The Contract Management Lifecycle’ and ‘Performance Management’. The course can be tailored to focus on your companies requirements. Dedicated training is normally more cost effective and convenient for those who wish to train employees.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
De Vere Devonport House
Hilton Leeds City
De Vere Devonport House
De Vere Cheadle House
Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
University of Birmingham|30th Oct, 2020
British Transport Police|19th Jun, 2020
Epsrc - UK Research & Innovation|11th Feb, 2020
Royal Bank of Scotland|14th Aug, 2018
Royal Bank of Scotland|7th Aug, 2018
Royal Bank of Scotland|6th Aug, 2018