CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Contract Management training course for optimising contract performance and supplier relationships.
This 2-day course provides a detailed understanding of the contract management lifecycle and how to establish a robust contract management process. It includes interactive workshops around topics such as ‘risk management’, ‘the contract management lifecycle’ and ‘performance management’, to enable students to put ideas into practice.
Upon completion of the course delegates will have an insight into best-practice management tools, techniques and approaches to performance and relationship management, enabling them to help optimise the value of external contracts.
- managers responsible for supporting contract management staff (operations and procurement)
- supplier personnel who manage contract delivery with their customers
- those in procurement requiring a detailed insight into contract performance management
- anyone with responsibility for contract management within their wider role
- role of the contract manager
- structuring the contract management process to optimise contract performance
- the contract management lifecycle
- structure of the legal contract and practical implications for contract managers
- role of risk management in managing supplier contracts and business continuity
- contract performance management tools and techniques, including key performance indicators (KPIs) and service-level agreements (SLAs)
- contract Healthcheck and SWOT analysis
- performance management and continuous improvement
- application of supply chain management and process improvement principles to deliver contract objectives
- effective supplier and stakeholder relationship management
- problem-solving tools and techniques
- the Contract Management Framework (CMF)
- Contract Scorecards
- benchmarking, performance reviews and dispute resolution
- managing under-performance and contractual issues effectively
- supplier performance review meetings
- common contract clauses
- explain their role and the role of others in managing supplier contracts
- structure their approach to managing contracts and negotiate with suppliers
- manage and facilitate improved contract performance through sound procedures and motivation of supplier personnel
- manage supplier performance making effective use of review meetings and other approaches
- make a professional impact in their relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders
- provide input to and utilise the written contract in their management of contracts
- deliver tangible improvements and benefits from their supply contracts
When delivered on a dedicated basis, this course can readily be customised to enable client-specific contract management strategy, policy and guidance to be incorporated into course materials and delivery.
We also have extensive experience of facilitating post-course learning for our dedicated training clients, providing delegates with support in applying the learning from the course to their roles and delivering real contract performance improvement and return on investment for their organisation.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
Intelligent Energy Limited|17th Jun, 2022
Cheshire Constabulary Headquarters|13th Jun, 2022
Gm&T|9th Jun, 2022
JVM Castings (Worcester) Ltd|26th May, 2022
Belvac|24th May, 2022
Filton Systems Engineering Ltd|20th May, 2022
Bureau Veritas|19th May, 2022
Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue|21st Mar, 2022
Babcock Land Defence Limited|28th Jan, 2022
TROX UK Ltd|24th Jan, 2022
Evoqua Water Technologies Ltd|21st Jan, 2022
McLaren Automotive Ltd|20th Jan, 2022