CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day interactive and practical course explores the role of a contract manager within the procurement process.
By the end of the course, students will have an improved understanding of contract management principles, and how effective contract management can be achieved through a coordinated and structured approach to supplier management.
- those responsible for managing low-criticality supplier contracts
- managers responsible for supporting contract management staff (operations and procurement)
- supplier personnel responsible for managing contract delivery with their customers
- procurement and other contract stakeholder personnel requiring insight into contract management
This course is day 1 of our 2-day Contract Management training course, which offers deeper insights into best-practice management tools, techniques and approaches to performance and relationship management. The 2-day scheduled course dates can be viewed here.
- the importance of contract management
- principles and concepts around contract management
- role of the contract manager
- attributes of a successful contract manager
- the contract management lifecycle
- identifying objectives (development, implementation, delivery and closure)
- critical success factors for effective contract delivery
- managing relationships in contracts
- managing contract performance
- risk management and business continuity
- contractual obligations
- performance management
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle
- the importance and principles of contract management
- the role of the contract manager
- the contract management lifecycle and its phases and related activities
- the importance of effective contract relationship management
- the basic tools and techniques used in contract performance management
- what good contract management looks like
Delegates will also receive a Certificate of Completion which recognises their knowledge and understanding of Contract Management Fundamentals.
If you are indirectly involved in contract management and are looking for a high-level understanding of its value and the skills that are needed for success, then you will find this 1-day course an excellent introduction.
Should you wish to look more deeply into the tools, techniques and approaches involved, you may like to consider our 2-day Contract Management course, which builds on this overview to deliver greater insights.
We offer the Contract Management Fundamentals training course on a dedicated basis, delivered solely for the benefit of your organisation. You can choose a convenient date, and we can deliver in person at your offices or at an external venue, or remotely in our Virtual Classroom.
We will supply you with a course book with printed versions of all the slides used within the course. The book provides plenty of space for you to make your own notes, and you can take it away at the end of the day to use as a reference. You may wish to bring your own writing tools, and perhaps a laptop, though this is not necessary. While we recognise the importance of keeping your mobile to hand, we do recommend that you only switch it on during the breaks, so you are not interrupted while you are learning or taking part in interactive sessions.
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Sharps Bedrooms Ltd|16th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|31st Oct, 2023