This 1 day, Contract Management training course is designed to build awareness of the contract management process and factors critical to the successful management of external supply contracts.
Contract Management is the means by which organisational objectives are delivered through contractual arrangements with suppliers. In many organisations the role of Contract Manager is delegated to operational management and therefore segregated, in terms of responsibilities, from the procurement process. Effective contract management requires a coordinated and structured approach to supplier management lead by individuals with a breadth of procedural and interpersonal skill sets.
You may also be interested in our 2 day Contract Management training course.
On completion of this Contract Management training course delegates will:
- Understand the importance and principles of contract management
- Be aware of the role of the contract manager
- Understand the contract management lifecycle and its phases and related activities
- Understand the importance of effective contract relationship management
- Be aware of the basic tools and techniques used in contract performance management
- Be aware of what good contract management looks like
- The importance of contract management
- Principles and concepts around contract management
- The role of the contract manager
- The contract management process
- Critical success factors for effective contract delivery
- Managing relationships in contracts
- Managing contract performance
Who Should Attend
- Personnel responsible for managing low criticality supplier contracts
- Managers responsible for supporting contract management staff (operations and procurement)
- Supplier personnel responsible for managing contract delivery with their customers
- Procurement and other contract stakeholder personnel requiring insight into contract management
This Contract Management training course can be readily customised to enable client specific contract management strategy, policy and guidance to be incorporated into course materials and delivery.