CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
On this 1-day course, delegates will learn about key category management principles, techniques, tools and approaches by taking part in our engaging workshops and modules.
At the end of the course delegates will understand the role that category management plays within purchasing and its benefits in creating value for the organisation.
- procurement professionals and stakeholders seeking a greater understanding of the role that category management plays in driving value across the organisation
- professionals who have recently undertaken the role of a category manager
- those requiring a refresher on the theory and principles of category management
- supplier personnel interested in understanding their customers’ sourcing behaviour
- introduction to category management
- the evolution of sourcing
- category managers within procurement structures
- stakeholder mapping and engagement
- supplier classification and segmentation
- supplier referencing
- category risk profiling
- procurement levers and methods
- prioritising activities
- planning activities
- strategic alignment and stakeholder buy-in
- assurance and ongoing governance
They will know how category management contributes to the development and achievement of organisational goals, and how it delivers high performance from the supply market and an optimised supply chain.
Delegates will be able to engage in collective procurement activities with a good comprehension of the value that this drives.
Course dates and venues
Our expert tutors combine class teaching with workshops and discussions to enable attendees to practise the principles and techniques they are learning. The Category Management course is also designed to allow delegates to ask questions of the tutor to clarify their understanding.
Whether you are new to category responsibilities, have been in the role for a while but would like an update, or wish to gain a high-level understanding of the task, you can find value on this course. Our tutors always take the time to find out what attendees need from the course and will ensure they tailor their teaching to fit the group.
One delegate commented: ‘The course gave a very good overview of how the individual areas of category management dovetailed into a total concept’.
This course is available on a dedicated basis for individual organisations. We can deliver the training at your premises, at a venue of your choice, or online in our Virtual Classroom. Dedicated training means that the course content and practical examples can reflect the needs of the customer’s operations.
Category management is one aspect of our comprehensive training programme around procurement and contract management.
You may like to consider further training around procurement in particular, and we offer courses focusing on:
- procurement essentials
- practical negotiation skills in procurement and contract management
- sustainable procurement
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Sharps Bedrooms Ltd|16th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|31st Oct, 2023