DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Category Management is a strategic and structured approach to the procurement of goods and services and ensures the procurement function deliverers enhanced value to the organisation. Contributing to the development and achievement of your organisational goals, category management delivers high performance from your supply market and an optimised supply chain.
This course is available on a dedicated basis and can be readily customised to enable client specific category management strategy, policy guidance and challenges to be incorporated into course materials and delivery.
- What is category management?
- Category management’s role in contract lifecycle
- Benefits of category management
- Category management processes, tools and techniques:
- Category and Team Mobilisation
- Understanding the business needs
- Gather Category Information
- Strategic Analysis
- Category Strategy
- Plan and Launch Category Strategy
- Managing Contract / Category Performance
- The challenges of Category Management and how to overcome themox Information
- Procurement staff and management involved in category management
- Commercial and procurement teams seeking to implement a more strategic approach to sourcing
- Supplier personnel interested in understanding their customers’ sourcing behaviour.
- Understand the process and how to apply it to different categories of spend
- Be able to apply a range of tools and techniques used in the category management process
- Be more strategically aware when developing sourcing options and making supply market decisions
- Be aware of the governance structures which are used to support category management
- Be able to apply change management techniques as part of the category management process
- Have confidence to deal with a variety of category implementation and management challenges
Premier Partnership|26th Feb, 2021
Metalcon|26th Feb, 2021
Derivco Sports|25th Feb, 2021
Micron Bio-Systems Ltd|25th Feb, 2021
Fugro|24th Feb, 2021
The James Hutton Institute|24th Feb, 2021