CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
With an ever-increasing emphasis on sustainability, supply chains as well as internal activities are coming under increasing scrutiny by stakeholders. Procurement activities therefore need to be aligned with an organisation’s corporate responsibility aspirations particularly with the publication of ISO 20400:2017 – Sustainable Procurement.
- Overview of ISO 20400
- The concept of ‘sustainable procurement’, principles and core subjects
- Exploring the drivers for sustainable procurement
- Key sustainability impacts and considerations
- Integrating sustainability into procurement policy and strategy
- Resolving potential conflicts
- Organising the procurement function towards sustainability
- Integrating sustainability into the procurement process, including building on the existing process
- Practical issues when using a sustainability criteria for supplier selection
- Continually improvement
- Anyone seeking an answer to ‘why’ organisations should undertake sustainable procurement.
- Those tasked with developing a sustainable procurement strategy or sourcing strategy that includes sustainability.
- Purchasing staff who need to take sustainability into account when making purchasing decisions.
- Budget holders with responsibility for setting specifications and who need to understand how sustainability factors can be included in specifications.
- Contract managers who need to monitor and manage supplier commitment to sustainability.
- Other stakeholders (e.g. supplier staff) who would like to understand more about sustainable procurement or ISO 20400.
- The concept of sustainable procurement and the key issues driving the agenda.
- The principles, core subjects and key considerations for sustainable procurement.
- How to align an organisation’s procurement activities with organisational objectives and goals.
- How to set sustainable procurement priorities including how to handle and resolve potential conflicts.
- How to achieve sustainability priorities through integrating sustainability considerations at a strategic level.
- The conditions required to continually improve the performance of the system.
- Practical issues when using sustainability criteria for supplier selection.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
Abertax Quality Ltf|16th Aug, 2022
P3 Medical Ltd|16th Aug, 2022
Geodis FF UK Ltd|16th Aug, 2022
RAF Odiham|1st Aug, 2022
RAF Odiham|29th Jul, 2022
DAM Health|29th Jul, 2022
Hylomar Ltd|28th Jul, 2022
Arriva Rail London|28th Jul, 2022
Indivior Ltd|27th Jul, 2022
MoD|27th Jul, 2022
27th Jul, 2022
Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners|26th Jul, 2022