CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day course will explore ISO 20400:2017 in detail to look at how it can be used to identify sustainability considerations across a range of procurement activities, and how to integrate these into existing procurement practices.
At the end of this course delegates will understand the importance of sustainable procurement and how to integrate a sustainable approach into their organisation’s operations.
- anyone seeking an answer to ‘why’ organisations should undertake sustainable procurement
- those tasked with developing a sustainable procurement strategy or sourcing strategy that includes sustainability
- purchasing staff who need to take sustainability into account when making purchasing decisions
- budget holders with responsibility for setting specifications and who need to understand how sustainability factors can be included in specifications
- contract managers who need to monitor and manage supplier commitment to sustainability
- other stakeholders (e.g. supplier staff) who would like to understand more about sustainable procurement or ISO 20400
- overview of ISO 20400
- the concept of ‘sustainable procurement’, its principles and core subjects
- the drivers for sustainable procurement
- key sustainability impacts and considerations
- integrating sustainability into procurement policy and strategy
- resolving potential conflicts
- organising the procurement function towards sustainability
- integrating sustainability into the procurement process, including building on the existing process
- practical issues when using a sustainability criteria for supplier selection
- continual improvement
- the concept of sustainable procurement and the key issues driving the agenda
- the principles, core subjects and key considerations for sustainable procurement
- how to align an organisation’s procurement activities with organisational objectives and goals
- how to set sustainable procurement priorities including how to handle and resolve potential conflicts
- how to achieve sustainability priorities through integrating sustainability considerations at a strategic level
- the conditions required to continually improve the performance of the system
- practical issues when using sustainability criteria for supplier selection
For scheduled courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
Sustainable procurement affects every organisation that wants to deliver best value while also taking responsibility for its social, economic and environmental impact.
Attendees on this course have joined us from energy companies, research institutions, manufacturing, transport, retail, technology, construction and education. As one delegate remarked, the diversity of the group of attendees on their course provided ‘a good mix of public /private sector organisations, so we had a good range of experience and perspectives’.
We employ tutors who can build on their own hands-on experience in the field to deliver our courses in the classroom. Experience enables tutors to bring course material to life with relevant and positive examples of real-world applications. This is a quality that we find is much appreciated by our delegates. As one pointed out: ‘It is very unusual to find a tutor with such high combined expertise across subject matter and procurement practices – especially one who can tailor to our institute, which often may not be typical practice.’
We offer a comprehensive range of complementary training courses around ISO 14001, the standard that provides a framework for Environmental Management Systems, which is intended to help organisations fulfil their environmental responsibilities while remaining competitive.
IEMA certified environmental sustainability courses you may find of interest include:
- IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers, designed to help managers and leaders understand how environmental sustainability strategies and operations can have an impact on the organisation and teams within it
- IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce, introducing non-environmental specialists to the subject of sustainability in an organisation’s activities.
For those who would like greater depth to their environmental sustainability training, we offer the IMEA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management, a 5-day course working towards an exam and an IEMA certificate and Associate Membership.
Yes, there are several training courses you may like to look at, all within the area of contract management and procurement, including:
- introductions to contract management and procurement
- practical negotiation skills in procurement and contract management
- category management
- specifications and SLAs
- commercial awareness
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Sharps Bedrooms Ltd|16th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|31st Oct, 2023