This 1 day ISO 20400 training course provides an overview of ‘sustainable procurement’ and how this concept aims to deliver best value for money whilst ensuring organisations behave in socially, economically and environmentally responsible ways. You will explore ISO 20400:2017 in detail and understand how it can be used to identify ‘sustainability’ considerations across a range of procurement activities and how to integrate these into existing procurement practises.
With an ever increasing emphasis on sustainability, supply chains as well as internal activities are coming under increasing scrutiny by stakeholders. Procurement activities therefore need to be aligned with an organisation’s corporate responsibility aspirations particularly with the publication of ISO 20400:2017 – Sustainable Procurement.
- The concept of ‘sustainable procurement’, principles and core subjects.
- Exploring the drivers for sustainable procurement.
- Key sustainability impacts and considerations.
- Integrating sustainability into procurement policy and strategy.
- Organising the procurement function towards sustainability.
- Integrating sustainability into the procurement process, including building on the existing process
Who Should Attend
- Anyone seeking an answer to ‘why’ organisations should undertake sustainable procurement.
- Those tasked with developing a sustainable procurement strategy or sourcing strategy that includes sustainability.
- Purchasing staff who need to take sustainability into account when making purchasing decisions.
- Budget holders with responsibility for setting specifications and who need to understand how sustainability factors can be included in specifications.
- Contract managers who need to monitor and manage supplier commitment to sustainability.
- Other stakeholders (e.g. supplier staff) who would like to understand more about sustainable procurement or ISO 20400.
On completion of this ISO 20400 sustainability procurement training course, delegates will better understand:
- The concept of sustainable procurement and the key issues driving the agenda.
- The principles, core subjects and key considerations for sustainable procurement.
- How to align an organisation’s procurement activities with organisational objectives and goals.
- How to set sustainable procurement priorities including how to handle and resolve potential conflicts.
- How to achieve sustainability priorities through integrating sustainability considerations at a strategic level.
- The conditions required to continually improve the performance of the system.
- Practical issues when using sustainability criteria for supplier selection.