CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This one-day Procurement Essentials training course is designed to help those new to procurement to develop a holistic understanding of the procurement lifecycle and a comprehension of its individual stages, along with equipping delegates with basic procurement tools and skills to confidently embark on a career in procurement.
- Introduction to Procurement
- The Procurement Cycle
- Sourcing and Category Strategy
- Supplier Management
- Procurement Roles and Responsibilities
- Operational Procurement (Systems, Processes, Policies and Governance)
- Sector and Operating Model Variances
- Procurement Tools
- Supplier/Buyer Segmentation
- RAID logs
- Core Skills
- Impact and Influence
- Project Management
- Understanding Contract Law
- Additional Procurement Skills
- Data Analysis
- Market Research
- Active Listening
- Developing Supplier Relationships and Conducting Review Meetings
- Developing Stakeholder Engagement
- Best Practice
- Sources of Insight
- those undertaking procurement responsibilities as part of their job role
- stakeholders seeking to gain a greater understanding of procurement activities
- non-procurement professionals who wish to understand the procurement process
- understand the key terminologies used within procurement
- apply key procurement tools to make a difference within their role
- understand the importance of supplier management, for example, to ensure maximum value is received
- confidently engage with suppliers and stakeholders
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
The Procurement Essentials training course is designed for those who are new procurement, and provides an overview of the procurement life cycle.
Bywater offers a range of more detailed procurement courses suitable for those with some procurement skills knowledge, including contract management, sustainable procurement, practical negotiation skills, category management, commercial awareness, and SLAs.
Organisations have sustainability objectives that are aimed at ensuring positive environmental, social and economic impacts of their activities. With organisations typically spending more than half of their revenues with their supply chains, those sustainability objectives cannot be fully achieved without the contribution of supply chains.
If you would like to learn about sustainable procurement in more depth, you may like to consider our 1-day ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement training course.
Yes. Whether procurement is within your job role or you are joining the course to get a better understanding of how procurement works in your organisation, Bywater will send you a certificate of attendance once you have completed this 1-day course.
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Sharps Bedrooms Ltd|16th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|31st Oct, 2023