CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day course provides delegates with a valuable opportunity to practise the skills they are learning through workshops and exercises.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to apply new approaches and have greater confidence in negotiating with stakeholders, securing optimised supply contract terms, and enhancing business relationships.
- procurement personnel involved in negotiating contracts with supply organisations
- contract managers with a responsibility for managing supplier contracts
- managers of procurement and contract management personnel
- supplier personnel responsible for negotiating and managing contracts with customers
- introduction to negotiation
- negotiation preparation and information gathering
- power, influence and persuasion
- negotiation styles
- managing the negotiation process
- negotiation tactics
- negotiation process and closure
- prepare for negotiations
- negotiate both commercially and operationally with suppliers and other contract stakeholders
- understand the interpersonal dynamics involved in managing and motivating suppliers
- adopt new approaches to influencing and negotiating with suppliers
- be confident in negotiating with supplier personnel
- optimise agreed supply contract terms
- establish and maintain sound business relationships with supplier personnel and organisations
For scheduled courses, please select an event from the table below.
Course dates and venues
Our expert tutors use workshops, exercises and discussions to illustrate their teaching, and give delegates a chance to test their understanding of the skills being learned. Whether attending face-to-face training or taking part in our Virtual Classroom, delegates are encouraged to work together to practise techniques and share experiences.
We believe this hands-on approach builds confidence and enables delegates to return to their roles with the tools and knowledge to improve their negotiation achievements.
One delegate commented that: ‘The role plays were really useful. The tutor was very clear and used very good real life examples’, while another added that: ‘The practical sessions and influencing techniques sessions were a useful part of the course’.
We employ tutors who are professionals in their field as well as being adept at teaching effectively to an audience that they understand. One delegate commented that: ‘The tutor was knowledgeable, informative, personable and skilled. I will use what I have learnt in my workplace to reduce the spend on suppliers’.
We run scheduled public courses at regular intervals throughout the year. Our face-to-face training takes place in venues around the UK, while our live online training is available to delegates globally in our Virtual Classroom.
We also offer dedicated training for individual organisations, which can be delivered at a venue of your choice, including virtually, at a date to suit you.
One delegate commented after the course: ‘Excellent training which has improved my negotiation skills and was very informative. The course was well run, timescales kept to and very enjoyable’.
Sharps Bedrooms Ltd|16th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|31st Oct, 2023
Network Rail|23rd Oct, 2023
Wabtec Control Systems UK|19th Oct, 2023
Network Rail|18th Oct, 2023
St Modwen Properties Limited|14th Sep, 2023
St Modwen Properties Limited|5th Sep, 2023
Harwich Haven Authority|20th Jul, 2023
Porton Biopharma|14th Jul, 2023
North Lanarkshire Council|23rd Jun, 2023
Fingerpost Consulting Limited|9th Jun, 2023
Form3|22nd May, 2023