CPDEquivalent to 24 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Conversion (EMS) training course (Course ID: 2375) – for existing Lead Auditors
Through a series of engaging tutor-led modules, discussions, workshops and a central case study delegates will put ideas learnt into practise. Delegates will complete a simulated site audit, working in teams to create an EMS Audit Plan and Checklist, undertake a role-play of a senior management interview and write a nonconformity report. Assessment is by continuous assessment and an examination on the final day.
- describe the purpose and benefits of an environmental management system
- explain the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) framework and its application to environmental management processes
- understand the difference between legal compliance and conformance with ISO 14001
- explain the role of an EMS Auditor
- plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit (1st, 2nd & 3rd party) of an EMS
- evaluate objective evidence to identify EMS nonconformities
- identify risks and opportunities relating to the EMS
- audit for continual improvement
- delegates who have achieved Lead Auditor certification in another discipline, for example ISO 9001 or ISO 45001 and now wish to progress their career and audit against ISO 14001
- experienced 1st, 2nd and 3rd party auditors who are now seeking to audit an EMS against ISO 14001
- environmental professionals
Some delegates may find it beneficial to attend our IEMA Introduction to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems training course to gain an understanding the requirements (clauses) of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions prior to attending our ISO 14001 Auditor Conversion training course. Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- Describe the purpose of an environmental management system
- Evaluate the auditee’s environmental management policy and objectives
- Perform a 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audit of an EMS against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an EMS to establish conformity with ISO 14001
- Verify that environmental objectives and targets are consistent with the environmental policy
For delegates who have already successfully completed a CQI and IRCA Lead Auditor course in another discipline, successful completion of this certified ISO 14001 Auditor Conversion training course will satisfy the training requirements for certification to IRCA’s EMS Auditor Scheme.
Course Dates and Venues
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Hilton Leeds City
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Modis International Bv|17th Sep, 2021
John Cotton Group Ltd|10th Sep, 2021
Bureau Veritas|7th Sep, 2021
Molnlycke Health Care|26th Aug, 2021
Private|23rd Aug, 2021
Calderdale Council|3rd Aug, 2021