CPDEquivalent to 24 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
CQI and IRCA certified ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Conversion (EMS) training course (ID: 2375)
The 3-day course explores the knowledge and skills needed to plan, conduct, report and follow up an EMS audit. The training employs a series of tutor-led modules, discussions and a central case study to enable delegates to practise the ideas they are learning. Delegates will complete a simulated site audit, giving them experience of working in a team to create an EMS audit plan, interview senior management and evaluate the auditee’s EMS policy and objectives. They will then use their findings to assess conformity and prepare for a closing meeting, including writing a non-conformity report.
On completion of the course students will be able to apply their new skills to internal and external EMS auditing.
- those who have achieved lead auditor certification in another discipline, for example, ISO 9001 or ISO 45001, and now wish to progress their career and audit against ISO 14001
- experienced 1st, 2nd and 3rd party auditors who are now seeking to audit an EMS against ISO 14001
Some delegates may find it beneficial to first attend our IEMA approved Introduction to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems training course to gain an understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001 and of commonly used environmental management terms. Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- the purpose and benefits of an environmental management system
- the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) framework and its application to environmental management processes
- the difference between legal compliance and conformance with ISO 14001
- the role of an EMS auditor
- how to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit (1st, 2nd and 3rd party) of an EMS
- evaluating objective evidence to identify EMS nonconformities
- verifying an auditee’s environmental objectives against their environmental policy
- confirming the auditee’s state of legal compliance
- identifying risks and opportunities relating to the EMS
- auditing for continual improvement
- evaluating the effectiveness of corrections and corrective actions
- describe the purpose of an environmental management system
- evaluate the auditee’s environmental management policy and objectives
- perform a 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audit of an EMS against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021 as applicable
- plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an EMS to establish conformity with ISO 14001
- verify that environmental objectives and targets are consistent with the environmental policy
All students who complete the course will receive a CQI and IRCA approved certificate following the event.
For those who have previously completed a CQI and IRCA Lead Auditor course against another ISO standard, successful completion of this course will satisfy the training requirements for registration with IRCA as an EMS Lead Auditor.
Course dates and venues
Yes, this Auditor Conversion training course is certified by CQI and IRCA, the industry’s professional body. That means you will enjoy globally recognised acknowledgement of the breadth and depth of your new knowledge and practical skills.
We recommend that for maximum benefit from this training course you are already experienced in auditing against another standard, such as ISO 9001 or ISO 45001, and now want to extend your capabilities into auditing an EMS against ISO 14001.
We also suggest that if the concept of environmental management systems is new to you, you attend our Introduction to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems course, where you will receive a helpful grounding in the benefits and requirements of ISO 14001.
Yes, the knowledge and practical skills you will gain over the 3 days of this course will equip you to perform 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits of an EMS against ISO 14001. Moreover, you will be in an excellent position to support your organisation in evaluating its environmental management policy, and checking that objectives and targets are in line with that policy.
The course content and tutors at our venues and in our Virtual Classroom are identical, including an emphasis on interactivity with the group and your tutor. We offer both styles of learning to give you the flexibility to meet your preferences for dates and location.
Whichever way you choose to undertake the training, we will provide you with full joining instructions before the event, including a guide to the technology you will need to use.
Certified auditor conversion training requires you to attend the course in full and take an exam within 30 days of course completion.
This exam and practice questions will be available through an online portal, and you will be given full instructions on gaining access. We will also offer guidance during the course to help you understand how to address the questions for best chance of success first time.
Peel Ports Group|13th Nov, 2023
Tata Steel UK Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
Expro North Sea Limited|24th Oct, 2023
Port Of Antwerp-Bruges International|19th Oct, 2023
Trant Engineering Ltd|6th Oct, 2023
Mott MacDonald Ltd|29th Sep, 2023
Premier Partnership|11th Sep, 2023
Ubitricity Distributed Energy Systems UK Ltd|30th Aug, 2023
Alstom Transport UK Ltd|26th Jul, 2023
Private|11th Jul, 2023
Marine Ventures Ltd|19th Jun, 2023
Private|16th Jun, 2023