CPDEquivalent to 24 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
CQI and IRCA certified ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Conversion (EMS) training course (ID: 2375)
The 3-day course explores the knowledge and skills needed to plan, conduct, report and follow up an EMS audit. The training employs a series of tutor-led modules, discussions and a central case study to enable delegates to practise the ideas they are learning. Delegates will complete a simulated site audit, giving them experience of working in a team to create an EMS audit plan, interview senior management and evaluate the auditee’s EMS policy and objectives. They will then use their findings to assess conformity and prepare for a closing meeting, including writing a non-conformity report.
On completion of the course students will be able to apply their new skills to internal and external EMS auditing.
- those who have achieved lead auditor certification in another discipline, for example, ISO 9001 or ISO 45001, and now wish to progress their career and audit against ISO 14001
- experienced 1st, 2nd and 3rd party auditors who are now seeking to audit an EMS against ISO 14001
Some delegates may find it beneficial to first attend our IEMA certified Introduction to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems training course to gain an understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001 and of commonly used environmental management terms. Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- the purpose and benefits of an environmental management system
- the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) framework and its application to environmental management processes
- the difference between legal compliance and conformance with ISO 14001
- the role of an EMS auditor
- how to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit (1st, 2nd and 3rd party) of an EMS
- evaluating objective evidence to identify EMS nonconformities
- verifying an auditee’s environmental objectives against their environmental policy
- confirming the auditee’s state of legal compliance
- identifying risks and opportunities relating to the EMS
- auditing for continual improvement
- evaluating the effectiveness of corrections and corrective actions
- describe the purpose of an environmental management system
- evaluate the auditee’s environmental management policy and objectives
- perform a 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audit of an EMS against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021 as applicable
- plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an EMS to establish conformity with ISO 14001
- verify that environmental objectives and targets are consistent with the environmental policy
For delegates who have already completed a CQI and IRCA Lead Auditor course in another discipline, successful completion of this certified ISO 14001 Auditor Conversion training course will satisfy the training requirements for certification as an IRCA EMS Auditor.
Course dates and venues
NMB Minebea UK Ltd|22nd Jul, 2022
University of Chichester Business School|12th Jul, 2022
Keystone Lintels|10th Jun, 2022
Horticultural Trades Association|9th Jun, 2022
Palram DPL Ltd|8th Jun, 2022
Ramboll UK Ltd|7th Jun, 2022
Pennant Property Ltd|30th May, 2022
Bureau Veritas|19th May, 2022
Neville UK Plc|19th Apr, 2022
Simply Sustainable Ltd|12th Apr, 2022
Chelverton Asset Management|11th Apr, 2022
London School Of Economics And Political Science|11th Apr, 2022