CPDEquivalent to 24 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
CQI and IRCA certified OH&S Management Systems Auditor Conversion training course based on ISO 45001:2018 (course ID: 2387).
The course gives existing auditors the knowledge and expertise to perform 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits of an OH&SMS against ISO 45001:2018.
The highly interactive training focuses around a simulated site audit, enabling students to work together put lessons learned into practice.
Successful completion satisfies the training requirements for certification as an IRCA OH&SMS auditor for those who are already lead auditors in another discipline.
Assessment is by continuous evaluation and an examination following the event.
- existing lead auditors in another discipline, such ISO 9001 or ISO 14001, who now wish to audit an OH&SMS against ISO 45001
- those who have completed a CQI & IRCA lead auditor course in another discipline and have some understanding of ISO 45001.
Those with little or no prior knowledge of ISO 45001 will benefit from first attending our IOSH approved Introduction to ISO 45001:2018 training course before attending this ISO 45001 Auditor Conversion training course.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- occupational health and safety overview
- management systems audit overview
- ISO 45001 requirements and other standards
- OHS legislation and codes of practice
- stage 1 audit
- hazard identification and risk assessment controls
- audit planning and checklists
- opening meeting
- senior management review
- stage 2 audit: operational auditing
- non-conformances, corrective actions and follow-up
- closing meetings
- auditor review
- audit reports
- explain the purpose and benefits of OH&SMS
- understand OH&S legislation and codes of practice
- plan, conduct, report and follow up internal, external and supplier audits for an OH&S management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate
- verify that the OH&S policy commits to compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
- assess OH&S risks
Delegates who have already completed lead auditor training in another discipline will meet the training requirements for certification as an IRCA OH&SMS auditor on successful completion of this course.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the ISO 45001 Auditor Conversion Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
This ISO 45001 Auditor Conversion training course is specifically designed for people who are already lead auditors in another ISO discipline and now wish to extend their skills to auditing an OH&S management system against ISO 45001.
It is therefore important that you have understanding and experience as a lead auditor before embarking on this course.
We also recommend that you have at least a basic understanding of the ISO 45001 standard. If you feel you need more knowledge, you may like to first book onto our Introduction to ISO 45001:2018 training course.
Yes, this course is certified by CQI and IRCA, the professional body for those working to achieve quality in their businesses.
Course certification demonstrates that as the training provider we are delivering high-quality content and tutoring services.
If you have already completed lead auditor training in another discipline, then you will meet the training requirements for registration as a CQI and IRCA OH&SMS auditor upon successful completion of this course. You will receive a certificate which provides evidence of your enhanced skill set.
The 3-day course is also equivalent to 24 hours of CPD.
Yes, you will need to attend the course in full, and then log into an external platform to take an exam within 30 days of course end.
As well as the exam you will be given access to a portal providing practice questions, which we recommend you try, to ensure your best chance of success. We will also talk you through the exam during the course.
The online exam, with multiple types of questions, has replaced the essay-type exam previously set for lead auditors by CQI and IRCA.
M Group Services.|24th Nov, 2023
Royal Navy|23rd Nov, 2023
Home Office|15th Nov, 2023
Beldam Crossley Ltd|21st Sep, 2023
Babcock International Group|30th Aug, 2023
Driver And Vehicle Agency|29th Aug, 2023
Environmental Solutions Through Partnership|7th Aug, 2023
Strathclyde Partnership For Transport|31st Jul, 2023
British Airways|6th Jun, 2023
Macdermid Alpha|4th May, 2023
A.B.Hedges Ltd|11th Apr, 2023
West Hatch High School|15th Mar, 2023