CPDEquivalent to 8 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
By the end of this 1-day course, delegates will be able to:
- discuss clauses and terminology of ISO 45001 and its benefits
- understand the relationship between ISO 45001 and other management system standards
- start to identify occupational health and safety hazards and assess risk
- comprehend the ISO 45001 certification process
The course is built around a health and safety case study, with workshops enabling participants to look at practical issues for an OH&S, such as risks and opportunities, context and leadership, and potential improvements.
- those in key roles with workplace responsibilities for OH&S, including occupational health & safety professionals
- key staff and stakeholders involved in the strategy, implementation, maintenance and/or auditing of an organisation’s OH&S management system
- those in organisations considering working towards ISO 45001 certification, but who currently have little or no knowledge of the standard
- auditors with experience in alternative standards, such as ISO 9001, who now wish to extend their knowledge to ISO 45001
This course is available on a standalone basis. It is also an excellent opportunity to gain the prior knowledge required for our ISO 45001 Internal Auditor or ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training courses. We offer a discount of £100 if you book this course with our ISO 45001 Internal or Lead Auditor training courses.
- overview of ISO 45001 and Annex SL
- plan-do-check-act cycle (PDCA)
- context of the organisation
- issues and interested parties
- scope of the management system
- OH&S management system and its processes
- risks and opportunities
- context and leadership
- performance evaluation
- documented systems
- ISO 45001 implementation and certification
- knowledge of the purpose of OH&S management systems
- an understanding of the requirements (clauses) of ISO 45001
- an awareness of OH&S risks and legislative compliance
- the ability to take steps in planning, implementing and continuously improving an OH&S management system
Delegates who complete the course will receive an IOSH approved Introduction to ISO 45001 training certificate.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
Yes, you will receive an IOSH-approved certificate of attendance, which demonstrates the skills you have developed. This 1-day course is also equivalent to 8 hours CPD.
IOSH stands for the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, which is the chartered body and membership organisation for health and safety professionals. A training course that is IOSH approved is deemed to provide high-quality, relevant health and safety content, designed to meet the needs of its intended audience.
This Introduction to ISO 45001 course offers a clear grounding in health & safety as it relates to ISO 45001, enabling delegates to later progress onto courses such as ISO 45001 Internal and Lead Auditor training.
The course is built around a case study and workshops, with the aim of involving delegates in discussion and decision-making around key issues such as risks and opportunities, context and leadership, and potential improvements.
This practical approach builds confidence and gives you a strong foundation for applying the lessons you have learned in your own organisation.
We offer this Introduction to ISO 45001:2018 training course both at locations across the UK and online in our Virtual Classroom. See our dates & venues above.
If there are a number of employees with health & safety responsibilities, or are likely to be involved in any area of an ISO 45001 audit, or simply have an interest in learning more about the subject, you may like to look at our dedicated training. This option brings our courses and tutors to a venue of your choice at a time that suits you.
This course works well on a standalone basis for those who need to understand ISO 45001 at this time. However, it has also been designed to provide the prior knowledge required for our ISO 45001 Internal Auditor and ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training courses.
We therefore offer a discount of £100 if you book this course with our ISO 45001 Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor training courses to help you maximise value from your training.
M Group Services.|24th Nov, 2023
Royal Navy|23rd Nov, 2023
Home Office|15th Nov, 2023
Beldam Crossley Ltd|21st Sep, 2023
Babcock International Group|30th Aug, 2023
Driver And Vehicle Agency|29th Aug, 2023
Environmental Solutions Through Partnership|7th Aug, 2023
Strathclyde Partnership For Transport|31st Jul, 2023
British Airways|6th Jun, 2023
Macdermid Alpha|4th May, 2023
A.B.Hedges Ltd|11th Apr, 2023
West Hatch High School|15th Mar, 2023