DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
ISO/IEC 27001 sets the scope, structure and requirements for an effective Information Security Management System (ISMS), helping organisations of all sizes to manage information securely.
Having a certified and well-maintained ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS demonstrates an adherence to good security practices and can improve a company’s reputability.
This ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor Training Course will equip delegates with the necessary skills to perform internal audits, allowing them to contribute towards the improvement and maintenance of their organisation’s ISMS.
The course centres around a highly interactive central case study through which delegates will learn the key stages of an audit, including:
- Planning: Includes writing and using audit checklists
- Audit process: Includes auditing techniques and the process for data collection
- Audit review: Includes evaluating audit findings and writing up nonconformities
- Finishing an audit: Includes closing meetings, presenting the audit findings and addressing nonconformities
- An introduction into auditing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- The role of auditing for a certified ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS
- The relationship between ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and the rest of the ISO 27000 family
- Factors that determine audit frequency
- Auditing process including
- audit process
- audit review
- Nonconformity report writing
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend
This ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor Training Course is highly suitable for:
- those looking to undertake internal ISMS audits
- auditees wanting to understand the audit process
- quality manager taking on ISMS responsibilities
- IT managers or professionals with information security responsibilities
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
Individuals without previous auditor and ISO/IEC 27001 experience may benefit from attending our Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 Training Course. The introductory course takes place the day prior to this auditor course at the same venue. When both courses are booked together a discount of £100 will be applied.
On completion of this ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor training course delegates will be able to:
- plan and prepare for an internal audit with an understanding of auditing procedures and documentation.
- conduct an effective ISMS audit against ISO/IEC 27001
- present audit findings and potential corrective actions
The ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor Training Course can be provided on a dedicated basis at your offices, a venue of your choice or online. The course includes interactive workshops which encourage team discussions on subjects such as ‘Checklists’, ‘Corrective Actions’ and ‘Internal Audits’. The team discussions act as a platform for later discussions on successfully undertaking internal audits within your organisation.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Hilton Leeds City
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Hilton Leeds City
Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor
CHAS 2013 Ltd|5th Oct, 2020
CHAS 2013 Ltd|17th Sep, 2020
CHAS 2013 Ltd|9th Sep, 2020
CHAS 2013 Ltd|22nd Aug, 2020
Calon Energy Limited|3rd Jul, 2020
Lindley Certification And Management Services|23rd Jun, 2020