CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The course builds around a highly interactive case study with workshops that give attendees practical experience of the key stages of an audit.
As a result of attending this 2-day course delegates will be able to prepare, conduct, report and follow up an ISMS internal audit against ISO 27001:2022.
- those who are or will be performing internal ISMS audits and need the requisite skills
- those who will be audited and want to understand how the internal audit process works
- quality managers taking on ISMS responsibilities
- IT managers and professionals with information security responsibilities, such as compliance managers, information assurance managers and risk managers
If potential attendees have little or no prior knowledge of ISO 27001 then we recommend they first join our Introduction to ISO 27001 training course, delivered the day before the Internal Auditor course. We offer a discount of £100 when booking these courses together.
Prospective delegates can learn more about prior knowledge requirements and test their understanding with our ISO 27001 Quiz.
- introduction to auditing an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- relationship between ISO 27001 and the rest of the ISO 27000 family
- auditing process, including:
- preparation – document review, audit plan, audit checklist
- performance – interviews, demonstrations, records
- reporting – audit report and nonconformity writing
- follow up – correction, cause analysis and corrective action
- factors determining audit frequency
- ISO 27001 Annex A controls
- risk assessment and risk management
- statement of Applicability (SoA)
- continual improvement of the ISMS
- explain the roles, procedures and documentation within an ISMS internal audit
- plan, prepare and conduct an effective internal ISMS audit against ISO 27001
- present audit findings and advise on potential corrective actions
- identify opportunities for continuing ISMS improvement
Course dates and venues
We recommend that you do have some knowledge of ISO 27001 to make the most of the ISO 27001 Internal Auditor training course.
If you feel you would not have enough understanding, one option would be to attend our Introduction to 27001 training course, which runs the day before the internal auditor course. If you book these 2 courses together you will benefit from a £100 discount.
The ISO Internal Auditor training course will give you the skills to plan, prepare and conduct an effective internal audit against ISO 27001, present your findings, and support the process of continual improvement.
The course is highly interactive, giving you the opportunity to practise what you are learning through a case study, workshops, and discussions with the tutor and other delegates. This will help ensure you understand the application of what you are learning to your real-life processes within your organisation.
Yes, you will receive a certificate of completion after the course, provided you were able to attend both days and once all invoices have been settled.
We suggest that you add your achievement to your LinkedIn profile and CV, as evidence of your continuing professional development. The course is also equivalent to 14 hours of CPD.
If you are planning to audit suppliers as well as your own organisation, your better choice would be to attend our 5-day ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training course.
This longer course will give you the knowledge you will need to carry out internal and external audits, including practising skills through a case study and workshop.
The lead auditor course is CQI and IRCA certified, and successful completion entails performance assessment during training and an exam following the course.
Regulus|27th Nov, 2023
Trusted Technology Partnership|21st Nov, 2023
Northrop Grumman UK Ltd|27th Sep, 2023
Huber+suhner Polatis Ltd|18th Sep, 2023
Royal Air Force|8th Sep, 2023
Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA)|3rd May, 2023
EDF Energy Ltd|21st Feb, 2023
Amps Ltd|15th Dec, 2022
RAF|30th Nov, 2022
RAF|30th Nov, 2022
Royal Air Force|5th Oct, 2022
Royal Air Force|5th Sep, 2022