CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Risk training based on ‘ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management – Guidelines’.
This 1-day practical course explores risk and the role of risk management in areas across the organisation. Interactive workshops enable students to practise applying a risk assessment process within a central case study, and decide on appropriate risk treatment and control.
Upon completion of the course delegates will have a sound awareness of how their organisation can apply the guidelines in ISO 31000 to better identify opportunities and threats, make effective use of resources to control risk, and improve the company’s risk management performance.
- directors and senior managers responsible for overall policy and business planning
- those involved in corporate governance programmes, business risk management and business continuity
- internal auditors who wish to understand ISO 31000, its use and implementation
- line and project managers who need to ensure that they are effectively managing risk
- R&D managers and engineers
- QA, H&S and environmental managers and those with overall responsibility for the organisation’s management system
- members of multi-discipline design teams and design review teams
- sales and marketing management
- product, project, and programme managers
- the resilient organisation
- definitions of risk and risk management
- overview of ISO 31000:2018
- the importance of culture, communication and behaviour in seeking an effective risk management structure
- enterprise risk management (ERM)
- risk management:
- framework and process
- performance measures
- comparing an organisation’s current risk management arrangements with ISO 31000 principles
- alignment between risk management policy and the organisation
- risk attitude – pursue, retain or avoid with respect to risk appetite and tolerance
- principles of business continuity management and implementation in accordance with ISO 22301 and 27031
- barriers to risk management implementation
- risk reporting and the limitations of risk reporting tools and methodologies
- understand the fundamental components of risk management and how risk management is applied within a management system structure
- appreciate and recognise business risk as a whole rather than in isolation
- determine their organisation’s appetite and tolerance for risk
- use presentation and leadership skills to communicate risk management findings to all levels and stakeholders
- understand the basics of how risk management relate to crisis management, business continuity and other key business areas
- decide on the most appropriate controls or treatments of risk and identify appropriate risk assessment tools to use within their organisation
- effectively apply a risk management process to the management system and project/product lifecycles
Delegates who complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion, which recognises their knowledge of the principles of risk management and their commitment to continuing professional development.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Upcoming course dates
Because risk and its management are important right across an organisation, this course will be of interest to a wide variety of people.
The obvious candidates are those involved in business risk management and business continuity programmes, as well as corporate governance. But anyone with management responsibilities in any department will benefit from an appreciation of how to identify and address risk.
Those running quality, environmental and OH&S management systems, and those who audit these systems will also appreciate the knowledge gained.
The course is designed to give you an appreciation of the principles of risk management as well as an understanding of how risk management guidelines can be applied across your organisation.
You will therefore not be expected to have any prior knowledge of risk management or ISO 31000.
As with all our training courses, we believe that the best way to learn is in an interactive environment where delegates can share their learning and questions in workshops and discussion with the tutor and other delegates.
On this course you will apply risk management techniques within a case study to consider how to identify risk and how to manage it.
RES Ltd|21st Feb, 2024
Savills|16th Feb, 2024
Framatome Limited|12th Feb, 2024
Portsmouth City Council|5th Feb, 2024
Avon And Somerset Constabulary|1st Feb, 2024
in2solutions|18th Jan, 2024
Thomas Plant Hire Ltd|27th Dec, 2023
CPV Ltd|11th Dec, 2023
Aquaterra Energy|7th Dec, 2023
EDF Energy Ltd|28th Nov, 2023
Atkins Realis|20th Nov, 2023
Vehicle Lease And Service Ltd|15th Nov, 2023