DURATION OF COURSE1 days
CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Risk training based on ‘ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management – Guidelines’.
This one day ISO 31000 Risk Management training course will acquaint delegates with the principles of, and framework for risk management, providing delegates with an awareness of how risk management can be applied effectively to improve the identification of opportunities and threats within the organisation, and make effective use of resources to control risk, to enhance the company’s performance.
Risk Management is the process whereby an organisation identifies, assesses and prioritises risks associated with a process, project or product throughout its life-cycle, from project definition, process / product design to project development / manufacture, through to the end user application or use by the customer. Historically linked to health and safety and financial risk, risk management is being increasingly applied to all organisational operations, no matter what the technical discipline, and has become the cornerstone to ISO 9001:2015. It is explicitly embedded in the Environmental Management System standard ISO 14001 and ISO/IEC 27001, the standard for Information Security Management. It is also included in Annex SL-Proposals for Management Systems Standards which encourages a more holistic approach to managing business risks and opportunities.
Although there are a number of general and industry specific standards for risk management, this course is based on ISO 31000:2018, Risk management – Principles and guidelines, which provides a generic foundation of the principles, framework and process for managing risk applicable to all organisations.
This interactive and practical course is designed to provide delegates with a sound knowledge of the principles of risk management and practical application of the risk management process, in order to:
- Appreciate and recognise business risk as a whole rather than in isolation and effectively communicate this within the organisation
- Understand the fundamental components of risk management and how risk management is applied within a management system structure
- Decide on the most appropriate controls or treatments of risk and identify appropriate risk assessment tools to use within their organisation
- Effectively apply a risk management process to the management system and project/product life-cycles
- The Resilient Organisation
- Definitions of risk & Risk Management
- ISO 31000:2018
- The importance of culture, communication and behaviour in seeking an effective Risk Management structure
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Risk Management:
- Framework and process
- Performance measures
- Comparing your current Risk Management arrangements to ISO 31000:2009 principles
- Alignment between Risk Management policy and the organisation
- Risk attitude – pursue, retain or avoid with respect to risk appetite and tolerance
- Principles of Business Continuity Management & implementation in accordance with ISO 22301 & 27031
- Barriers to Risk management implementation
- Risk reporting and the limitations of risk reporting tools & methodologies
Who Should Attend
- Directors/Senior Managers responsible for overall policy and business planning
- Personnel involved in corporate governance programmes, business risk management and business continuity
- Internal auditors who seek to understand ISO 31000, its use & implementation
- Line & Project Managers need to ensure that they are effectively managing risk
- R&D Managers / Engineers
- QA / H&S / Environmental Managers or those with overall responsibility for the organisation’s management system
- Members of multi-discipline Design Teams and Design Review Teams
- Sales and Marketing Management
- Product, Project, and Programme Managers
- Internal Auditors
By the end of this ISO 31000 training course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basics of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques for the effective implementation of Risk Management
- Develop the necessary presentation & leadership skills enabling you to communicate your Risk Management findings to all levels and all stakeholders
- Determine your organization’s appetite and tolerance for risk
- Understand the basics of how Risk Management relate to crisis management, business continuity and other key business areas
The ISO 31000 risk management training course can be held at your premises, a venue of your choice or online on your preferred date. The course includes interactive workshops to allow your team to discuss the risks within your organisation and how to mitigate these.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Cheriton Lodge Ltd|26th Oct, 2020
Johnson Matthey|24th Oct, 2020
Private|23rd Oct, 2020
30 Technology|23rd Oct, 2020
Veolia Environmental Services Plc|22nd Oct, 2020
Denmaur Independent Papers Limited|21st Oct, 2020