CPDEquivalent to 15 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This ISO 17025 Internal Auditor training course explains how to plan and carry out effective audits of a laboratory quality management system.
The course gives delegates the opportunity to practise their skills through interactive sessions, workshops and role plays, around topics such as audit situations, audit interviews and closing meetings.
- those wishing to perform internal laboratory audits against ISO 17025
- laboratory managers, quality managers and supervisors
- existing internal auditors who would like to expand their skills to audit laboratory practices against ISO 17025
- those responsible for ensuring the laboratory management system is effectively implemented and maintained
The course is also appropriate for those seeking to gain or maintain ISO 17025 accreditation, and need to undertake internal audits at planned intervals.
For anyone with little or no prior knowledge of ISO 17025 we recommend attending our Introduction to ISO 17025 training course, delivered the day before the Internal Auditor course, so they can first gain an understanding of the requirements of ISO 17025. We offer a discount of £100 when booking these courses together.
Learn more about prior knowledge requirements and test your understanding with our ISO 17025 Quiz.
- quality and laboratory accreditation
- overview of auditing
- ISO/IEC 17025 and related standards and documents
- audit situations
- documented systems
- audit planning
- audit checklists
- opening meeting
- auditing techniques
- audit interviews
- nonconformity reporting
- closing meeting
- audit reporting
- describe the various roles and tasks involved in auditing laboratories
- interpret the requirements of ISO 17025 in practical audit situations
- plan, conduct, report and follow up an ISO 17025 internal audit
- identify opportunities for continuing improvement
We also offer an ISO 17025 Forensics Internal Auditor training course which can be tailored to suit a range of forensic science disciplines, including digital forensics. Please contact our team for more details.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
We offer training for both lead and internal auditors.
On our 5-day ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training course, you can learn how to perform audits of laboratory management systems within your own organisation, and those of your suppliers.
This 2-day ISO 17025 Internal Auditor training course is ideal for those who wish to focus on the skills needed to perform internal audits in their own organisation, with a view to continual improvement in how laboratories deliver calibration and test results.
Established for over 40 years, we are a world-leading independent provider of ISO 17025 training.
Whether you need an introduction or a deeper insight into the application of management systems within laboratories, we have a full programme of complementary training courses to meet your requirements. That includes specific training for those operating around forensic laboratories.
To ensure maximum value for your training investment, our courses are delivered by expert practitioners and include valuable practical sessions to reinforce your learning. This is true whether you choose to attend our venue-based courses within the UK or join us in our global Virtual Classroom.
A wide range of government and private organisations have trained with us on the ISO 17025 Internal Auditor training course.
Organisations attending this course include police forces, government agencies, public health groups, fire and rescue, and many private organisations operating laboratories.
You don’t need prior knowledge of auditing, but it will help you to gain maximum value from this course if you have some understanding of ISO 17025. If you are uncertain about your level of knowledge, you can try taking our ISO 17025 quiz. We can help you gain this understanding on our Understanding ISO 17025 training course, which runs just before this internal auditor course, and if you book the 2 together you can enjoy a discount.
We always ask for feedback from our delegates, and aim to continuously improve our course content and delivery in the light of their comments.
- ‘The tutor was very knowledgeable, and passionate about the subject, and therefore kept the attendees engaged for the whole course’
- ‘I was concerned that having no auditing experience I would struggle. However I found that the tutors were easy to follow, friendly and used examples of real life situations to apply the information too’
- ‘The tutor made the course content relevant to my area of business’
- ‘I feel well equipped to complete audits now’
You can find more feedback on our ISO 17025 training courses at https://www.bywater.co.uk/reviews/?cat=laboratory-inspection
You have a number of options to enhance your career prospects with further training.
If you wish to focus on ISO 17025, you can extend your auditing expertise to auditing supplier systems by attending our ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training course. You can also learn more about applying ISO 17025 on our ISO 17025 Implementation training course.
You may like to develop further specialist knowledge around auditing for laboratories. We run courses on:
- Understanding ISO 17025 Requirements for Forensic Laboratories
- Introduction to ISO 15189 for Medical Laboratories
- ISO 15189 Internal Auditor
You can also enhance your skills set, with courses such as:
Alternatively, you may like to build on the internal auditor skills you have learned here to work with quality systems across your organisation. We offer a comprehensive range of training courses in internal auditing for quality management, environmental management, health and safety management, information security management, business continuity management, energy management, inspection bodies, medical devices, automotive, food safety, and aviation, space and defence.
NWROCU|4th Dec, 2023
Metropolitan Police Service|16th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|13th Nov, 2023
Premier Partnership|10th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|7th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|27th Oct, 2023
The Royal Mint|25th Oct, 2023
Private|24th Oct, 2023
DSTL|17th Oct, 2023
Mars|10th Oct, 2023
Biofortuna|6th Oct, 2023
Derbyshire Constabulary|29th Sep, 2023