ISO/IEC 17025 ‘General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’ is the internationally recognised standard relating to the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. It specifies criteria for the development and assessment of management systems and laboratory technical controls that provide confidence in the results obtained. The standard can be applied to a wide range of laboratory activities including analytical, clinical, forensic, destructive/non-destructive testing and instrument/equipment calibration.
This two day ISO/IEC 17025 Internal Auditor training course will equip delegates with effective auditing techniques and increase their understanding of audit principles in relation to ISO/IEC 17025, in order to improve evaluation and communication, develop more professional reporting and implement corrective action programmes. It is assumed that delegates attending this course will have a reasonable understanding of the requirements of the standard. The Understanding ISO/IEC 17025 training course is recommended if you need to increase your knowledge on the ISO/IEC 17025 standard.
An interactive and practical auditing course designed to provide delegates with practical auditing techniques against the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 for testing and calibration laboratories.
- Introduction and overview of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
- Coordination of a quality management system audit against ISO/IEC 17025
- How to construct an audit programme
- Audit planning, horizontal, vertical audits and checklists
- The concept of ‘risk-based’ audit
- Effective auditing techniques
- Witnessing tests and calibrations
- Evaluating the significance of audit findings
- Methods for improving communication skills during the audit
- How to report the findings and conclusions
- Developing and implementing corrective action
- Sources of information and further development
- Individuals wishing to perform internal laboratory audits
- Laboratory Managers and Supervisors
- Companies seeking ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation
- Registrar/Accreditation body Auditors
- Existing internal auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of laboratory practices
- Supplier Quality Auditors wishing to evaluate laboratory service suppliers, including calibration suppliers
By the end of this ISO/IEC 17025 Internal Auditor training course, delegates will be able to:
- Consolidate their knowledge of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Interpret the requirements of the standard in practical audit situations
- Apply auditing principles to objectively assess the compliance of a laboratory and identify areas to improve competency.
- Develop continuous improvement that provides on-going future benefits to your company’s growth and success.
Participants should have a reasonable working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 or equivalent.