DURATION OF COURSE1 days
CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Calibration and Control of Measuring Systems (based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025) is a 1-day practical workshop providing the latest information, knowledge and skills for:
- identifying the elements of an effective calibration system;
- understanding the requirements for those supplying calibration services;
- preparing for compliance and improving and utilising measurement data focusing on continuous improvement and cost reduction.
Quality Management System Standards such as ISO 9001, IATF 16949, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and ISO/IEC 17025 require the establishment of an effective system for the control of inspection and measuring equipment.
This course is delivered in-house only
- Calibration concepts: traceability, capability, reliability, uncertainty, repeatability and reproducibility
- Quality and calibration system documentation and record requirements (ISO 10012, 9001 and GAMP)
- What to calibrate
- Validation of software used in measurement
- Optimization of calibration intervals, calibration status and recall
- Environmental controls and equipment handling
- Out of tolerance conditions
- Introduction to Measurement Uncertainty and Measurement Systems Analysis
- Use of external laboratories and purchasing specifications
- Other resources/sources of information
Who Should Attend
Those who manage, utilise or control calibration systems
- Quality Managers and Engineers
- Department Managers
- Calibration Managers and Technicians
- Assessors of calibration systems
Although not essential, personnel attending this course should have a basic knowledge of maths and statistical techniques.
By the end of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Develop a structured documented calibration system, including the process for identifying what needs calibrating, frequency and by whom.
- Identify requirements for and maintenance of calibration records.
- Identify opportunities for improved quality of data and optimise the calibration processes.
The Calibration and Control of Measuring Systems Training Course, based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025, covers topics such as ‘Calibration Concepts’, ‘Out of Tolerance Conditions’ and ‘Measurement Uncertainty’. The course can take place at your offices, a venue of your choice or online. Interactive workshops encourage team discussion on how to identify opportunities for improved quality of data and optimise the calibration processes within your organisation.
West Midlands Police|16th Oct, 2020
Element Materials Technology|15th Oct, 2020
Hertfordshire Constabulary|8th Oct, 2020
Kimberly Clark|6th Oct, 2020
West Midlands Police|5th Oct, 2020
Premier Partnership|2nd Oct, 2020