CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day practical course is based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025, and covers topics such as ‘calibration concepts’, ‘out of tolerance conditions’ and ‘measurement uncertainty’. Interactive workshops encourage discussion around how to identify opportunities for improved quality of data and optimise the calibration processes within an organisation.
At the end of the workshop, students will have gained up-to-date knowledge and skills for:
- identifying the elements of an effective calibration system
- understanding the requirements for those supplying calibration services
- preparing for compliance, and improving and utilising measurement data focusing on continuous improvement and cost reduction
- those who manage, utilise or control calibration systems
- quality managers and engineers
- department managers
- calibration managers and technicians
- assessors of calibration systems
Students booking on this course will derive the most benefit if they have a basic knowledge of maths and statistical techniques, although this is not essential.
- calibration concepts: traceability, capability, reliability, uncertainty, repeatability and reproducibility
- quality and calibration system documentation and record requirements (ISO 10012, 9001 and GAMP)
- what to calibrate
- validation of software used in measurement
- optimisation of calibration intervals, calibration status and recall
- environmental controls and equipment handling
- out of tolerance conditions
- introduction to measurement uncertainty and measurement systems analysis
- use of external laboratories and purchasing specifications
- other resources/sources of information
- develop a structured documented calibration system, including the process for identifying what needs calibrating, frequency and by whom
- identify requirements for and maintenance of calibration records
- identify opportunities for improved quality of data and optimise the calibration processes
Course dates and venues
We run this course in our Virtual Classroom, enabling delegates from a range or organisations around the world to meet and share their learning in a live, online environment. The course runs on the popular Zoom platform, so a good internet connection is important. You will also need headphones, microphone and a camera to participate fully in the course.
If you have several employees to train, you may like to look at our dedicated training. We can run courses specifically for your organisation and your requirements either online or in a venue of your choice. Please contact us to discuss further.
While not essential, it is helpful if you have some knowledge of statistical techniques, as we will talk about their application. As the training is live and interactive, you will be able to ask questions of your tutor to clarify your learning.
We request feedback from all our delegates at the end of our course, and are pleased that many comments are positive about the content and our tutors. We always take on board suggestions to help learning in the future as part of our strategy of continuous improvement.
Feedback that we have received includes:
- ‘The course content was very detailed, and the tutor was able to amend some areas that weren’t relevant to our business so that it was more applicable.’
- ‘Tutor was a very good communicator. The content was delivered in a very easy to follow fashion.’
- ‘Explanation of subject was very good all questions answered in full.’
- ‘Presentation was clear, concise and well presented. Very knowledgeable.’
Thatcham Research|6th Dec, 2023
NWROCU|4th Dec, 2023
Metropolitan Police Service|16th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|13th Nov, 2023
Premier Partnership|10th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|7th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|27th Oct, 2023
The Royal Mint|25th Oct, 2023
Private|24th Oct, 2023
DSTL|17th Oct, 2023
Mars|10th Oct, 2023
Biofortuna|6th Oct, 2023