DURATION OF COURSE1 days
CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
- identifying the elements of an effective calibration system;
- understanding the requirements for those supplying calibration services;
- preparing for compliance and improving and utilising measurement data focusing on continuous improvement and cost reduction.
Quality Management System Standards such as ISO 9001, IATF 16949, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and ISO/IEC 17025 require the establishment of an effective system for the control of inspection and measuring equipment.
This course is delivered in-house only
- Calibration concepts: traceability, capability, reliability, uncertainty, repeatability and reproducibility
- Quality and calibration system documentation and record requirements (ISO 10012, 9001 and GAMP)
- What to calibrate
- Validation of software used in measurement
- Optimization of calibration intervals, calibration status and recall
- Environmental controls and equipment handling
- Out of tolerance conditions
- Introduction to Measurement Uncertainty and Measurement Systems Analysis
- Use of external laboratories and purchasing specifications
- Other resources/sources of information
- Quality Managers and Engineers
- Department Managers
- Calibration Managers and Technicians
- Assessors of calibration systems
Although not essential, personnel attending this course should have a basic knowledge of maths and statistical techniques.
- Develop a structured documented calibration system, including the process for identifying what needs calibrating, frequency and by whom.
- Identify requirements for and maintenance of calibration records.
- Identify opportunities for improved quality of data and optimise the calibration processes.
Stanhope-Seta|22nd Jan, 2021
Colas Limited|14th Jan, 2021
Sussex Police|14th Jan, 2021
Sussex Police|11th Jan, 2021
Sussex Police|31st Dec, 2020
Sussex Police|21st Dec, 2020