DURATION OF COURSE1 days
CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Introduction to ISO 15189:2012 Medical Laboratories – Particular Requirements for Quality and Competence
This one day practical foundation course introduces the requirements of ISO 15189 for Medical Laboratories.
ISO 15189:2012 ‘Medical Laboratories – Particular requirements for quality and competence’ specifies quality system requirements applicable to medical laboratories. These requirements cover arrangements for requisition, patient preparation, identification, collection of samples, transportation, storage, processing and examination of clinical samples, together with subsequent validation, interpretation, reporting and advice, in addition to considerations relating to safety and ethics in medical laboratory work. This interactive and practical foundation course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of the requirements of ISO 15189: 2012 with specific emphasis to those specified in the Clinical Laboratory Accreditation document ‘Standards for the Medical Laboratory’ Nov 2010
- Quality and Quality Management concepts
- Commonly used quality management system standards
- Overview and requirements of ISO 15189
- Additional requirements of ISO 15189 over CPA (2010)
- Structure of Quality System Documentation
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend
- Laboratory Quality/Technical Managers
- Laboratory Technicians/Supervisors
- Assessors of Laboratory Management Systems
- Personnel responsible for procurement and evaluation of Laboratory Services
- Users of clinical test services
By the end of this Introduction to ISO 15189 for Medical Laboratories course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the basic requirements of ISO 15189 and its inter-relationship between ISO 9001/CPA and ISO/IEC 17025 management system standards.
- Identify the key requirements and actions that would be required to meet ISO 15189 requirements over and above those currently specified by CPA.
Our Introduction to ISO 15189 for Medical Laboratories can be held at your offices, a venue of your choice or online on your preferred date. The one-day encompasses interactive workshops and modules, allowing your team to discuss how ISO 15189 can be implemented within your laboratory. Arrange for the course to take place on a date and at a location which is convenient for your team.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Element Materials Technology|15th Oct, 2020
Hertfordshire Constabulary|8th Oct, 2020
Kimberly Clark|6th Oct, 2020
West Midlands Police|5th Oct, 2020
Premier Partnership|2nd Oct, 2020
Cambridgeshire Constabulary Headquarters|30th Sep, 2020