CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 2-day course employs interactive activities and workshops to encourage discussions with the tutor and other delegates and reinforce learning within the teaching environment.
Having attended this course delegates will have the skills to carry out internal audits against ISO 15189 within medical laboratories.
- quality managers
- companies seeking ISO 15189 accreditation
- certification/registrar/accreditation body auditors
- existing internal auditors who wish to expand their skills in the area of laboratory practices
- supplier quality auditors who need to evaluate clinical laboratory services
Please note that this ISO 15189 Internal Auditor course is designed to build upon delegates’ prior knowledge of ISO 15189. For those with little or no understanding of ISO 15189 we suggest first attending our Introduction to ISO 15189 training course (delivered the day before the Internal Auditor course). We offer a £100 discount when booking these courses together.
- the role of accreditation
- introduction and review of ISO 15189:2022 requirements
- quality and quality management principles
- coordination of a management system audit using ISO 15189 (including the roles of the quality manager and internal auditors)
- audit planning, horizontal, vertical and witness
- checklist preparation
- the concept of ‘risk-based’ auditing
- effective auditing techniques and communication skills
- witness/technical audits
- reporting and grading of audit findings
- preparation of summary reports
- development and verification of effectiveness of corrective action
- interpret the requirements of ISO 15189 as it relates to clinical laboratory operations
- apply auditing principles and objectively assess the compliance of a laboratory and identify areas to improve competency and management systems
- develop continuous improvement that provides on-going future benefits to the organisation
For scheduled ISO 15189 Internal Auditor courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
If you are new to ISO 15189 or have little knowledge of its requirements, we recommend that you first attend an introductory course to gain a grounding in the topic. If you book this course with our 1-day Introduction to ISO 15189 training course you can benefit from a £100 discount.
Yes, we will send you a certificate of attendance after the course. You can use this certificate as evidence of your new skills by adding it to your CV and LinkedIn profile, and sharing with colleagues around your organisation.
The course is equivalent to 14 hours CPD.
We offer scheduled public courses both as face-to-face training in conference venues in the UK and as live, interactive training in our online Virtual Classroom.
Whichever venue you choose, you will receive high-quality content delivered by engaging tutors who are expert in their field and experienced in teaching. You will be encouraged to join discussions and ask questions of the tutor, to ensure you are the gaining maximum benefit from the course.
If you have several employees to train, you may be interested in our dedicated training offering. Here you can enjoy a course run specifically for your organisation, at a time and place to suit you. Please contact us to discuss this option.
Metropolitan Police Service|16th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|13th Nov, 2023
Premier Partnership|10th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|7th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|27th Oct, 2023
Orthoplastics Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
The Royal Mint|25th Oct, 2023
Private|24th Oct, 2023
DSTL|17th Oct, 2023
Swann-Morton Ltd|13th Oct, 2023
Mars|10th Oct, 2023