CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This one day Measurement Uncertainty training course will provide delegates working in the field of measurement with the knowledge to develop uncertainty budgets to meet the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and laboratory accreditation bodies.
- The importance of uncertainty of measurement
- Basic concepts: traceability, uncertainty and terminology
- Impact of uncertainty on results and compliance with specifications
- Errors, effects and corrections
- Type A uncertainties and selection of statistical tools
- Type B uncertainties, identification and use
- Combined uncertainties
- Expanded uncertainties and confidence intervals
- Reporting of uncertainties
- Sources of uncertainty in different calibration fields
- Worked examples
- Attribute Studies
- Sources of further information
- Quality and Design Engineers
- Laboratory and Technical Personnel
- Assessors of Laboratory/Quality Management Systems
- Assessors of calibration and testing laboratories
- Quality and Technical Managers
Although not essential, personnel attending this course should have a basic knowledge of maths and statistical techniques. Participants should bring a laptop computer or calculator which has basic statistical functions
- Apply the methodologies for calculating uncertainty budgets using practical examples.
- Develop a structured uncertainty budget, with an awareness of the uncertainty contributions associated with a measurement system and how to evaluate the magnitude of these errors.
- Utilise the results of uncertainty budgets to determine cost and efficiency improvements in measurement systems.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Tradebe Inutec|28th Sep, 2021
Fusion Group Limited|25th Sep, 2021
Greenergy Biofuels Teeside Limited|2nd Sep, 2021
United Utilities Water Limited|31st Aug, 2021
Agri-Food & Bio Sciences Institute (AFBINI)|28th Aug, 2021
Cheshire Constabulary Headquarters|27th Aug, 2021