CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The Understanding ISO 17025 training course is an interactive and practical foundation course designed to acquaint delegates with ISO 17025 requirements for assessing the competence of testing and calibration in laboratories to ensure confidence in results.
The standard can be applied to a wide range of laboratory activities including analytical, clinical, forensic, destructive/non-destructive testing and instrument/equipment calibration.
Delegates will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
- working in laboratories which already comply with ISO 17025
- considering implementing the standard within a laboratory
- responsible for assessing and/or maintaining laboratory management systems
- auditors of other management systems who now wish to understand ISO 17025
- laboratory quality managers, technical managers, technicians and supervisors
- those responsible for procurement and evaluation of laboratory services
- users of calibration and test services
- aspects of a good laboratory
- management system requirements
- ISO 17025 general and structural requirements
- ISO 17025 resource requirements
- ISO 17025 process requirements
- measurement uncertainty
- quality and laboratory accreditation
- understand the requirements, benefits and use of ISO 17025
- explain the roles and tasks involved in accreditation
- discuss the difference between accreditation and certification
- identify the documentation required for laboratory accreditation
- contribute to laboratory improvement
For those in forensic disciplines we also offer an Understanding ISO 17025 – Forensic Applications training course which can be tailored to suit a range of forensic science disciplines. Please contact our team for more information.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
The answer depends on your level of current knowledge around laboratory quality management systems and ISO 17025.
This is not mandatory, and if you are satisfied that you have sufficient knowledge already of the requirements of the standard, you do not need to take this course before attending more advanced training.
Delegates from a wide range of public and private organisations have attended our ISO 17025 training courses and given very positive feedback.
These include police forces, forensic labs, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, security and defence, aviation, food and agriculture, and inspection bodies.
Past delegates have commented on the ability of our tutors to pack a great deal of content into this 1-day course, yet at a pace that allows delegates to digest and understand efficiently. Because the course is live and interactive, the tutors are available to answer questions, while the practical nature of the training reinforces what is being taught.
Yes, we will send you a certificate as evidence of your attendance after the course. You can use the certificate to demonstrate your achievement on your career history and LinkedIn profile, as well as sharing it with your employer and colleagues.
The course is equivalent to 7 hours CPD.
The full name for the most up-to-date requirements for competence of testing and calibration laboratories is ISO/IEC 17025:2017, where ISO is the International Organization for Standardisation and IEC is the International Electrotechnical Commission. The name of the standard is regularly shorted to ISO 17025.
While ISO 17025 is similar in some ways to ISO 9001, as they both focus on quality management systems, ISO 17025 applies particularly to the requirements on organisations returning testing and calibration results.
Many organisations work to achieve ISO 17025 accreditation, as it demonstrates that they have been independently assessed and found to be competent.
We always ask for feedback from delegates after the course ends, and will act on any suggestions for improvement. We are pleased to say that we receive many positive comments, including praise from delegates who are uncertain what to expect from the subject.
- ‘Our tutor made the course both interesting and relevant. It also created some great opportunities for discussion of our current processes and what improvements we could make to be more likely to achieve accreditation’
- ‘The tutor made the “dry” subject very interactive and applied several useful practical examples when applying this standard’
- ‘The tutor was very engaging and very kind to everyone. He made the content interesting’
- ‘I felt it was going to quite a daunting topic before but the trainer delivered it in a non-complicated manner which helped understanding’
- ‘It was conducted in a manner which was not too fast and allowed you to take in the information. Very open to questions and discussed the reason for the answer as well’
You can read more feedback on our ISO 17025 training.
Metropolitan Police Service|16th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|13th Nov, 2023
Premier Partnership|10th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|7th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|27th Oct, 2023
The Royal Mint|25th Oct, 2023
Private|24th Oct, 2023
DSTL|17th Oct, 2023
Mars|10th Oct, 2023
Biofortuna|6th Oct, 2023
Derbyshire Constabulary|29th Sep, 2023
Inidam Ltd|25th Sep, 2023