This one day highly practical and interactive course, Understanding ISO/IEC 17025 – Forensic applications is designed to acquaint delegates with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025, providing delegates a thorough understanding of the laboratory accreditation process and an implementation strategy in the context of other documents relating to Forensic Science Laboratories (ie FSR Codes of Practice and Conduct and ILAC G19)
ISO/IEC 17025 is the internationally recognised standard for the independent accreditation of laboratories. The standard can be applied to a wide range of laboratory activities, but this course focuses on its application in forensic laboratories. The course also includes criteria for the development and assessment of management systems and laboratory technical controls that provide confidence in the results obtained.
- Overview and requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and key areas of FSR/ILAC guides
- Relationship with ISO 9001
- Future developments – proposed changes to ISO/IEC 17025
- Inter-relationship with other documents such as the FSR Codes of Practice and Conduct and ILAC G-19
- Registration – the differences and requirements of Accreditation Bodies
- Structure of Quality System Documentation
- Implementing a management system
- Sources of information and further development
- Laboratory Quality/Technical Managers
- Laboratory Technicians/Supervisors
- Assessors of Laboratory Management Systems
- Users of forensic test services
By the end of this Understanding ISO/IEC 17025 training course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and understand the key requirements of the relevant FSR and ILAC documents.
- Structure the Quality System Documentation accordingly.
- Initiate the process of implementing the requirements with a view to pursuing laboratory accreditation