DURATION OF COURSE1 days
CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
ISO/IEC 17025 is the internationally recognised standard for the independent accreditation of laboratories. The standard can be applied to a wide range of laboratory activities, but this course focuses on its application in forensic laboratories. The course also includes criteria for the development and assessment of management systems and laboratory technical controls that provide confidence in the results obtained.
- Overview and requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and key areas of FSR/ILAC guides
- Relationship with ISO 9001
- Future developments – proposed changes to ISO/IEC 17025
- Inter-relationship with other documents such as the FSR Codes of Practice and Conduct and ILAC G-19
- Registration – the differences and requirements of Accreditation Bodies
- Structure of Quality System Documentation
- Implementing a management system
- Sources of information and further development
- Laboratory Quality/Technical Managers
- Laboratory Technicians/Supervisors
- Assessors of Laboratory Management Systems
- Users of forensic test services
- Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and understand the key requirements of the relevant FSR and ILAC documents.
- Structure the Quality System Documentation accordingly.
- Initiate the process of implementing the requirements with a view to pursuing laboratory accreditation
EPS Ltd|15th Jan, 2021
MOD|15th Jan, 2021
Colas Limited|14th Jan, 2021
Sussex Police|14th Jan, 2021
Element Materials Technology|14th Jan, 2021
West Yorkshire Joint Services|14th Jan, 2021