CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
CQI and IRCA certified QMS Lead Auditor training course based on ISO/IEC 17025:2017 (course ID: 1836)
Delegates on this in-depth course will learn how to conduct internal and external quality management systems audits against ISO 17025. They will develop the knowledge and skills to:
- plan, conduct, report and follow up internal and external audits against ISO 17025, in line with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021 as applicable
- promote the role of audits within the organisation’s overall management system programme, and the role of auditors in supporting laboratory compliance and competency improvements
This practical, intensive and highly interactive 5-day course is based around a central case study and workshops, enabling students to practise their newly acquired skills.
Delegates will achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming a CQI and IRCA Registered Lead Auditor. Students are assessed by continuous evaluation and a written exam.
- those seeking to undertake 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits against ISO 17025
- laboratory quality and technical managers, technicians and supervisors
- supplier quality auditors wishing to evaluate laboratory service suppliers
- existing auditors who wish to expand their skillset to audit a laboratory against ISO 17025
Prior knowledge is valuable for attending this course, and some delegates find it beneficial to first attend our Understanding ISO 17025 training course to gain more knowledge about the ISO 17025 standard. We offer a discount of £100 if booking this course with your Lead Auditor training. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- quality and its assurance
- introduction to auditing
- ISO 17025 and other ISO standards
- documented systems
- audit planning
- opening meetings
- nonconformity writing
- auditing techniques
- closing meetings
- audit reporting
- closing meeting
- follow up and corrective action
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits
- demonstrate practical audit skills and apply the requirements of ISO 17025 to the specific processes and needs of their organisation
- assess compliance of their organisation’s testing and calibration laboratory practices to meet the organisation’s own internal or external requirements
- plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to the requirements of ISO 17025
- conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing, document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate improvements to the management system
- achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming a CQI and IRCA registered Lead Auditor
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
CQI and IRCA is the global professional body leading the drive to ensure high standards in the application and support of quality management systems.
Their certification programme for training courses has been developed to assure employers that auditors have attained a high level of understanding of the auditing role and can contribute true value to their organisation.
As a CQI and IRCA Approved Training Partner, Bywater is able to run certified training courses for lead and internal auditors.
To achieve success with this CQI and IRCA certified training programme you will need to attend the course in full and then pass an exam.
CQI and IRCA is currently is the process of changing its exams by moving to an online platform, where delegates should take the exam within 30 days of the end of the course.
Until that change takes place, delegates will take a written exam on the last afternoon of the training course.
Whichever format is in place at the time you attend, we will give you advice on how to address the exam questions to give you the greatest chance of success.
You may already work as an auditor in some capacity, or within a testing or calibration laboratory, and wish to extend your skill set to audit laboratory quality management systems against ISO 17025.
To make the most of the course, it would be valuable to have some knowledge of ISO 17025:2017. If you are not sure about whether your current knowledge level is sufficient, you can take our short quiz.
If you decide you need to know more before joining this course, you may like to consider first attending our Understanding ISO 17025 training course. If you book these 2 courses together you can enjoy a £100 discount.
Once you have completed our ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training course and passed the associated exam, you will be awarded a certificate. This is evidence that you have trained with an organisation approved by the professional body, CQI and IRCA. You can use this certificate to highlight your new skills to colleagues and employers, add to your CV, and update your LinkedIn profile.
The 5-day course is equivalent to 40 hours CPD.
We have enjoyed the company of delegates from a wide range of public and private organisations on this course.
Their positive feedback strongly suggests that the course is meeting requirements. Whenever attendees do point to areas where they can see room for improvement, we always review and revise for even better outcomes.
Organisations from around the UK and further afield that have provided satisfied feedback include:
- Police forces
- Research organisations
- Financial institutions
- Technology, manufacturing and engineering companies
If you have specific needs for your organisation, you could look at our dedicated training option, which offers the opportunity to run a course exclusively for your employees, at a time and venue to suit you.
Thatcham Research|6th Dec, 2023
NWROCU|4th Dec, 2023
Metropolitan Police Service|16th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|13th Nov, 2023
Premier Partnership|10th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|7th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|27th Oct, 2023
The Royal Mint|25th Oct, 2023
Private|24th Oct, 2023
DSTL|17th Oct, 2023
Mars|10th Oct, 2023
Biofortuna|6th Oct, 2023