DURATION OF COURSE5 days
CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
A CQI and IRCA Certified ISO/IEC 17025:2017 QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor training course. (IRCA Ref: 1836)
This practical, intensive and highly interactive ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training course is designed to develop delegates’ auditing skills to conduct Quality Management System (QMS) audits against the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements, in order to:
- promote the role of audits within the management system programme and the role of auditors in supporting laboratory compliance and competency improvements
- objectively assess compliance of laboratories to meet accreditation body requirements
- fulfil the training requirements to register as an CQI and IRCA 17025 Lead Auditor.
This five day ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training course is designed to equip delegates with an in-depth knowledge of the requirements and principles of QMSs and how ISO/IEC 17025 is incorporated into the overall quality system. It is based around the new structure of ISO/IEC 17025:2017, aligned with other conformity assessment standards as well as the process approach and risk-based thinking from ISO 9001:2015.
Completion of this training course provides laboratory/quality practitioners and systems auditors with the understanding and skills necessary to professionally audit a laboratory management system.
Some delegates find it beneficial to attend the Understanding ISO 17025 training course to gain more knowledge about the ISO 17025 standard. We offer a discount of £100 if booking this course with your Lead Auditor training. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
- Overview of the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
- Principles of auditing, the audit cycle and implementing an audit system
- Auditing skills and techniques:
- Planning – use of checklists, resources and timing
- Selection of audit teams
- Interviewing and evaluation of information and findings
- Observation – objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of nonconformities
- Communicating and presenting audit reports
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Effective improvement – planning, monitoring and results
- Accreditation and certification activities
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend
- Individuals wishing to perform audits to ISO/IEC 17025
- Companies seeking ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation
- Laboratory Managers and Supervisors
- Companies that recognise the value of operating effective laboratory management systems
- Existing ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of laboratory practices or who wish to audit laboratory environments
- Supplier quality auditors wishing to evaluate laboratory service suppliers.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
By the end of this ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training course, delegates will be able to:
- Develop practical audit skills and apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 to the specific processes and needs of the company.
- Assess compliance of an organisation’s testing and calibration laboratory practices to meet the company’s own internal or external (e.g. Accreditation Body) requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing, document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate improvements to the management system.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming a CQI and IRCA Registered Lead Auditor.
The CQI and IRCA certified ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Auditor Training Course can be held at your offices, a venue of your choice or online on your chosen date. Dedicated training is often more cost effective for organisations with several delegates to train. The course includes interactive workshops and case studies covering a range of topics including ‘Audit Planning’, ‘Nonconformity Writing’ and ‘Auditing Techniques’.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Hilton Leeds City
West Midlands Police|16th Oct, 2020
Element Materials Technology|15th Oct, 2020
Hertfordshire Constabulary|8th Oct, 2020
Kimberly Clark|6th Oct, 2020
West Midlands Police|5th Oct, 2020
Premier Partnership|2nd Oct, 2020