A CQI and IRCA Certified ISO/IEC 17025:2017 QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor training course. (IRCA Ref: 1836)
- promote the role of audits within the management system programme and the role of auditors in supporting laboratory compliance and competency improvements
- objectively assess compliance of laboratories to meet accreditation body requirements
- fulfil the training requirements to register as an CQI and IRCA 17025 Lead Auditor.
This five day ISO 17025 Lead Auditor training course is designed to equip delegates with an in-depth knowledge of the requirements and principles of QMSs and how ISO/IEC 17025 is incorporated into the overall quality system. It is based around the new structure of ISO/IEC 17025:2017, aligned with other conformity assessment standards as well as the process approach and risk-based thinking from ISO 9001:2015.
Completion of this training course provides laboratory/quality practitioners and systems auditors with the understanding and skills necessary to professionally audit a laboratory management system.
Some delegates find it beneficial to attend the Understanding ISO 17025 training course to gain more knowledge about the ISO 17025 standard. We offer a discount of £100 if booking this course with your Lead Auditor training. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
- Overview of the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
- Principles of auditing, the audit cycle and implementing an audit system
- Auditing skills and techniques:
- Planning – use of checklists, resources and timing
- Selection of audit teams
- Interviewing and evaluation of information and findings
- Observation – objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of nonconformities
- Communicating and presenting audit reports
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Effective improvement – planning, monitoring and results
- Accreditation and certification activities
- Sources of information and further development
- Individuals wishing to perform audits to ISO/IEC 17025
- Companies seeking ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation
- Laboratory Managers and Supervisors
- Companies that recognize the value of operating effective laboratory management systems
- Existing ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of laboratory practices or who wish to audit laboratory environments
- Supplier quality auditors wishing to evaluate laboratory service suppliers
- Develop practical audit skills and apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 to the specific processes and needs of the company.
- Assess compliance of an organisation’s testing and calibration laboratory practices to meet the company’s own internal or external (e.g. Accreditation Body) requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing, document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate improvements to the management system.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming a CQI and IRCA Registered Lead Auditor.