CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
CQI and IRCA certified QMS Lead Auditor training course based on ISO/IEC 17025:2017 (course ID: 18249)
Delegates on this in-depth course will learn how to conduct internal and external quality management systems audits against ISO 17025. They will develop the knowledge and skills to:
- plan, conduct, report and follow up internal and external audits against ISO 17025, in line with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021 as applicable
- promote the role of audits within the organisation’s overall management system programme, and the role of auditors in supporting laboratory compliance and competency improvements
This practical, intensive and highly interactive 5-day course is based around a central case study and workshops, enabling students to practise their newly acquired skills.
Delegates will achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming a CQI and IRCA Registered Lead Auditor. Students are assessed by continuous evaluation and a written exam.
- those seeking to undertake 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits against ISO 17025
- laboratory quality and technical managers, technicians and supervisors
- supplier quality auditors wishing to evaluate laboratory service suppliers
- existing auditors who wish to expand their skillset to audit a laboratory against ISO 17025
Prior knowledge is valuable for attending this course, and some delegates find it beneficial to first attend our Understanding ISO 17025 training course to gain more knowledge about the ISO 17025 standard. We offer a discount of £100 if booking this course with your Lead Auditor training. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements.
- quality and its assurance
- introduction to auditing
- ISO 17025 and other ISO standards
- documented systems
- audit planning
- opening meetings
- nonconformity writing
- auditing techniques
- closing meetings
- audit reporting
- closing meeting
- follow up and corrective action
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits
- demonstrate practical audit skills and apply the requirements of ISO 17025 to the specific processes and needs of their organisation
- assess compliance of their organisation’s testing and calibration laboratory practices to meet the organisation’s own internal or external requirements
- plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to the requirements of ISO 17025
- conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing, document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate improvements to the management system
- achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming a CQI and IRCA registered Lead Auditor
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
Cheshire Constabulary Headquarters|13th Jun, 2022
Goodyear S.A Innovation Center|30th May, 2022
DSTL|25th May, 2022
Deca - Defence Electronics And Components Agency|16th May, 2022
Alpha Tech|9th May, 2022
ASA Associates|6th May, 2022
Chemical Intelligence Limited|20th Apr, 2022
West Yorkshire Police|14th Apr, 2022
Edinburgh Instruments Ltd|13th Apr, 2022
Intech Calibration Ltd|28th Feb, 2022
Evoqua Water Technologies Ltd|21st Jan, 2022
Evoqua Water Technologies Ltd|11th Jan, 2022