CPDEquivalent to 15 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 2-day course includes interactive workshops and modules covering topics such as ‘quality and laboratory accreditation’, ‘ISO 17025 requirements’ and ‘corrective actions’.
On completion of this course delegates will be ready to plan and carry out an implementation of ISO 17025 within a laboratory setting, in order to achieve or maintain ISO 17025 accreditation.
The course will also benefit those in charge of the maintenance of an ISO 17025 QMS wanting to develop their understanding of what is required.
- overview and requirements of ISO 17025
- exploring the connections and similarities between ISO 17025 and other standards such as ISO 9001
- the difference between certification and accreditation, including analysis of the benefits and considerations of these options
- how to achieve accreditation to ISO 17025
- the role of the National Accreditation Body and its assessment process (ISO 17011)
- performing a gap analysis as a base-line review
- high-level process map (outline laboratory processes and their interrelationships)
- understanding risks and opportunities and what they mean to the organisation
- developing an implementation plan
- effective maintenance of an accredited ISO 17025 management system
- change management within an accredited ISO 17025 management system
- the key clauses of ISO 17025
- the laboratory accreditation process, including the benefits and possible considerations
- how to develop a plan for implementing ISO 17025
- what is required for the maintenance of an ISO 17025 quality management system
A certificate of completion will be awarded to delegates after the course, which evidences their new knowledge and aptitude for implementing ISO 17025.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
This 2-day implementation course includes our 1-day introductory training on Understanding ISO 17025. That means you can attend this course with the confidence that you will be able to follow and achieve value from the training even if you have no prior knowledge.
Yes, we will send you a certificate of completion after finishing the course. This will demonstrate that you have the knowledge to implement and maintain a laboratory quality management system based on ISO 17025.
The course is equivalent to 15 hours CPD.
We ask all delegates for feedback at the end of their courses, to support our aim of continuously improving the training we provide.
Past delegates have commented that the course was clear, concise, very well delivered, was very easy to follow, and offered
- interesting examples
- comprehensive knowledge
- the flexibility to meet delegate needs
You can read more feedback on our ISO 17025 training.
The process of implementing a QMS based on ISO 17025 in laboratories requires understanding, action and continual improvement. The steps include:
- understanding the requirements of ISO 17025 and how it differs from ISO 9001
- conducting a gap analysis to understand where you need to change your existing quality management system
- documenting necessary policies and processes to answer the requirements of the standard
- conducting internal audits to check and improve your systems
- initiating the accreditation process
Training employees who participate or have an interest in ISO 17025 accreditation is important to ensure requirements are being met. We offer a comprehensive range of ISO 17025 training courses to introduce employees to the concept, as well as specialist auditing skills.
Metropolitan Police Service|16th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|13th Nov, 2023
Premier Partnership|10th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|7th Nov, 2023
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|27th Oct, 2023
The Royal Mint|25th Oct, 2023
Private|24th Oct, 2023
DSTL|17th Oct, 2023
Mars|10th Oct, 2023
Biofortuna|6th Oct, 2023
Derbyshire Constabulary|29th Sep, 2023
Inidam Ltd|25th Sep, 2023