ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is an internationally recognised standard for laboratories involved in testing, sampling and calibration who want to demonstrate their adherence to reliable, robust and fit for purpose processes and generate consistent, technically valid results. The Standard focuses on two key areas, the development of an effective management system (with similar requirements to ISO 9001); and laboratory technical requirements, which cover areas such as method development and validation, staff competency and training, facilities and equipment as well as reporting of results.
Accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 allows an organisation to:
- readily demonstrate a high standard for all testing and calibration activities performed, providing the Organisation with a competitive advantage when tendering for new business
- provide confidence and assurance to its clients that results are technically valid using robust, fit for purpose and fully validated methods
- implement actions to address risks and opportunities, demonstrating objective and continuous improvement of laboratory processes and systems
- develop systematic processes capable of meeting client requirements and expectations
- create an environment where staff have clear roles and responsibilities and can fully contribute to the goals and objectives of the business
- create a customer focussed attitude ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and retained business whilst ensuring cost effective and efficient processes
On the first day of this training course delegates will learn about the fundamentals of ISO/IEC 17025, including exploring the relationship between ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and other standards, and the difference between Certification and Accreditation, including analysis of the benefits and considerations of these options.
On the second day delegates will explore ISO/IEC 17025 management system requirements and develop implementation skills, including performing a gap analysis, creating high level process maps, understanding risks and opportunities of implementation, and developing an implementation plan.
- Overview and requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Exploring the connections and similarities between ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and other standards such as ISO 9001
- The difference between Certification and Accreditation, including analysis of the benefits and considerations of these options
- How to achieve accreditation to ISO 17025
- The role of the National Accreditation Body and its Assessment process (ISO 17011)
- Performing a gap analysis as a base-line review
- High level process map (outline laboratory processes and their interrelationships)
- Understanding risks and opportunities and what they mean to the organisation
- Developing an implementation plan
- Effective maintenance of an accredited ISO 17025 Management system
- Change management within an accredited ISO 17025 Management system
This two-day training course is highly suitable for anyone looking to implement an ISO/IEC 17025 management system. The course will also benefit those in charge of the maintenance of an ISO/IEC 17025 system looking to develop their understanding of what is required.
Delegates who attend this ISO/IEC 17025 implementation training course will be able to understand:
- the key clauses of ISO/IEC 17025
- the laboratory accreditation process, including the benefits and possible considerations
- how to develop a plan for implementing ISO/IEC 17025
- What is required for the maintenance of an ISO/IEC 17025 system