CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The course aims to provide clear guidance to supervisors and leaders through a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability as it affects their specific industry and work area.
This 2-day interactive course complements our 1-day Carbon Management training course and the two are scheduled to run together in our course calendar for those who wish to focus their sustainability training.
While the course has no formal entry requirements it is strongly recommended that delegates are already in a practising role that will allow them to more clearly understand the areas explored during the course.
- why net zero?
- responding to net zero
- greenhouse gas accounting – a primer
- carbon neutrality
- net zero methodologies
- developing a decarbonisation plan
- net zero across the value chain
- communicating net zero
- net zero and related terms
- the urgency of the underlying climate science driving the net zero agenda
- the main international policy context for responding to the climate crisis
- the UK policy context and drivers
- risks and opportunities of net zero including on future business viability, reputation, supply chain vulnerabilities etc
- business and environmental benefits of low-carbon goods and services
- the requisite corporate governance, resourcing and accountability for delivering net zero
- how to establish a greenhouse gas inventory across all three scopes
- the main principles of greenhouse gas accounting (including using activity data and emission factors)
- what carbon neutral means and its application for organisations, products and services
- how to establish science-based targets (methodologies)
- how to establish a net zero strategy (near- and long-term targets)
Course dates and venues
IEMA (the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) is the largest professional body for environmental practitioners in the United Kingdom and worldwide, with nearly 20,000 members.
Completion of our IEMA approved training courses can contribute towards your IEMA membership grades.
There is an online assessment for the IEMA Pathways to Net Zero course, consisting of 20-question multiple-choice test. The test is completed through the IEMA assessment portal and candidates are sent a link upon registration to the assessment.
Certificates are provided by IEMA to delegates who successfully complete the course. These can be added to your CV, uploaded to platforms such as LinkedIn, and shared with your colleagues as evidence of your new skills.
We do recommend that you have working experience of sustainability issues to get maximum benefit from the course. This is however not a formal requirement.
Natural Environment Research Council|29th Nov, 2023
Peel Ports Group|13th Nov, 2023
Private|8th Nov, 2023
Tata Steel UK Ltd|27th Oct, 2023
Expro North Sea Limited|24th Oct, 2023
British Antarctic Survey|23rd Oct, 2023
Port Of Antwerp-Bruges International|19th Oct, 2023
Trant Engineering Ltd|6th Oct, 2023
Mott MacDonald Ltd|29th Sep, 2023
Vinci Construction Management Ltd|18th Sep, 2023
Premier Partnership|11th Sep, 2023
Humber Bridge Board|31st Aug, 2023