CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
On this 2-day certified course, delegates will be introduced to Lean Six Sigma, its benefits and the roles that individuals can play within Six Sigma projects. And they will learn the skills to confidently apply basic Lean and Six Sigma principles in their own role, or in support of wider Lean Six Sigma projects.
With a central focus on the define, measure, analyse, improve, control and transfer (DMAIC) project management methodology, the course explores topics such as the Lean Six Sigma toolkit, stakeholder management, creativity tools, process thinking, Lean principles and value stream analysis.
This course makes up the first two days of our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course.
- are involved in Six Sigma improvement projects or organisational improvement projects of all types
- are in roles that use Lean Six Sigma, such as quality engineers, business analysts and improvement managers
- need an understanding of Lean and Six Sigma, possibly with a view to attending more advanced Six Sigma training in the future
- have little or no knowledge of Six Sigma theory or practice but work in organisations pursuing this approach
- want to contribute and implement quantifiable improvements within the workplace
- wish to achieve a recognised Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate
No prior knowledge is required for this course.
- introduction to Lean and Six Sigma
- Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma roles
- organisational benefits and business improvement
- overview of ISO 18404, the international standard for Lean and Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma and the relationship to quality, efficiency and productivity
- process thinking
- Lean Six Sigma toolkit
- define, measure, analyse, improve, control and transfer (DMAIC(T)) project management
- decision making
- interpersonal and team leadership skills
- stakeholder management
- creativity tools and defining the project mission
- Lean principles and practice
- value stream analysis (VSA)
- understand the organisational benefits of implementing Lean Six Sigma
- be able to confidently use key tools within the Lean Six Sigma toolkit to drive improvements
- understand the DMAIC(T) approach and what makes a successful project
The course is certified by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) and all students will receive an RSS approved Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate upon completion.
For scheduled training courses, please select from the Course dates and venues table below.
Course dates and venues
This 2-day Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is an excellent starting point for your learning journey in Six Sigma.
On this course you will learn why and how Six Sigma can be applied to improvement projects, and the roles that individuals can play in those projects. Your experienced tutor will explain the central methodology and tools used in Six Sigma project management.
If you are keen to kick-start your Six Sigma career faster, you may like to consider an alternative starting point. Our 5-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course combines everything you would learn on this course with further more advanced Green Belt skills.
Yes, this course is certified by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS), the global professional body for statisticians and data analysts.
The RSS leads the way in certifying organisations and individuals against ISO 18404:2015, the international standard for quantitative methods in process improvement and competencies in relation to Six Sigma.
Approval from the RSS signifies that our courses meet the requirements for high-quality content delivered by expert tutors, who are experienced both in the practice and teaching of Six Sigma.
Our comprehensive Six Sigma training programme enables you to move smoothly through the levels of Six Sigma competence, from Yellow Belt through Green Belt to Black Belt.
Greene King Brewing & Retailing Ltd|6th Dec, 2023
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Veka Plc|31st Oct, 2023