CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a recognised RSS certificate on completion
Throughout the course delegates will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma, including the various Lean Six Sigma and Six Sigma roles and the organisational benefits of implementing Lean Six Sigma. With a central focus on the DMAICT Project Management methodology, delegates will explore key topics such as the Lean Six Sigma Toolkit, Stakeholder Management, Creativity Tools, Process Thinking, Lean Principles and Value Stream Analysis.
By the end of the course delegates will be equipped with the necessary skills to be able to confidently apply basic Lean and Six Sigma principles, either in their role or in support of wider Lean Six Sigma improvement projects.
This course makes up the first two days of our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course and will provide a foundation to becoming an improvement professional.
- Introduction to Lean and Six Sigma
- Lean, Six Sigma & Lean Six Sigma Roles
- Organisational Benefits and Business Improvement
- Overview of ISO 18404, the international standard for Lean & Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma and the Relationship to Quality, Efficiency and Productivity
- Process Thinking
- Lean Six Sigma Toolkit
- DMAIC(T) Project Management
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal and Team Leadership Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Creativity Tools & Defining the Project Mission
- Lean Principles & Practice
- Value Stream Analysis (VSA)
- looking to gain an understanding of Lean and Six Sigma with the potential to attending more advanced Six Sigma training
- in organisations pursuing the approach, but who personally have little or no knowledge of the theory or practice
- wishing to identify how they can contribute, and implement quantifiable improvements within the workplace
- involved in Six Sigma improvement projects or organisational improvement projects of all types
- understand the organisational benefits of implementing Lean Six Sigma
- be able to confidently use key tools within the Lean Six Sigma toolkit to drive improvements
- understand the DMAIC(T) approach and what makes a successful project
- be able to support a Six Sigma Green Belts
Upon successful completion delegates will receive an RSS Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate. The Royal Statistical Society (RSS) is the owner of the RSS 18404 Sector Scheme which certifies organisations and individuals against ISO 18404, the international standard for Lean and Six Sigma. Six Sigma certification provides assurance of the skills of certified Six Sigma and Lean professionals.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Hilton Leeds City
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
New Place Hotel
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
LDP Transport Consultancy Ltd|23rd Oct, 2021
Network Rail|21st Oct, 2021
The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC)|21st Oct, 2021
Hirtenberger Defence International Ltd|21st Oct, 2021
Philips UK Ltd|21st Oct, 2021
Babcock International Group|20th Oct, 2021