CPDEquivalent to 21 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
A Lean Practitioner training course available online in Virtual Classroom and in-person.
This highly interactive 3-day Lean Practitioner training course will enable anyone seeking improvements to analyse their own processes and identify waste, using a comprehensive set of Lean tools and techniques. A tool that will be covered in depth is Value Stream Mapping, enabling organisations to map the steps taken for materials and information to reach a finished product or service. After mapping a process delegates will learn to apply ‘Lean thinking’ and identify non-customer value adding tasks, adapt the process ‘flow’ and create a more efficient system. Other tools covered range from 5S, which is used to improve the efficiency and organisation of workspaces, to Kanban, enabling customer driven process flow.
Delegates will apply this Lean knowledge and practice their skills through interactive workshops guided by a Lean Six Sigma expert. On completion of this Lean course, newly trained Lean practitioners will be able to confidently apply Lean tools and techniques to make immediate and continuous improvements in their workplaces.
The course dates below are all immediately followed by our Lean Leader training course and a £195 discount is available when booking both together.
- Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) cycle
- 7 + 1 wastes
- Kaizen (continuous improvement)
- 5S workplace organisation methodology
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kanban (for visualising process demands)
- Takt time (to maintain a customer driven pace in every process)
- Moving to a customer ‘pull’ system
- Poka Yoke (mistake proofing)
- Theory of constraints
Whether you work in recruitment looking to reduce customer waiting times, in logistics seeking to reduce capital tied up in inventory or in an office based role looking to improve cross process communication and create a culture of continuous improvement, this Lean Practitioner training course will provide the knowledge and skills to be able to apply Lean techniques and make immediate improvements within your organisation.
- Undertake Lean improvement tasks
- Contribute to larger Lean improvement projects
- Map out business processes out and successfully apply Lean techniques to eliminate non-value adding tasks
- Design a customer pull system
- Determine causes of efficiency problems and use Lean tools to reduce these, improving process speeds
- Understand how to standardise processes across supply chains or organisations
- Mistake proof systems using Lean tools, reducing defects and errors
- Make continuous incremental improvements
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
De Vere Staverton Estate
New Place Hotel
Hilton Leeds City
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Sheffield Hallam University|30th Jul, 2021
National Grid Metering|28th Jul, 2021
Ontic|28th Jul, 2021
Agilitas IT Solutions Limited|27th Jul, 2021
Tsubaki Nakashima|27th Jul, 2021
IACS Ltd|22nd Jul, 2021