‘Lean’ is a continuous improvement approach aimed at increasing customer value by reducing waste within a process.
This introductory course is designed to assist delegates in their understanding of the key concepts of Lean and the pursuit of a Lean organisation, enabling them to decide upon, manage, support and lead Lean Transformation.
- Why Lean?
- The Lean Enterprise Approach & Why do it?
- Application of ISO 18404:2015
- Understanding advantages and constraints
- Understanding possible objections
- Managing Lean Implementation
- Implementation needs
- Relationship to Quality Management and Six Sigma
- Lean Projects
Roles and responsibilities
- The Lean Approach and Toolkit
- 5 Lean Principles
- The 7 +1 Wastes
- Value Stream Mapping
The course is suitable for all organisational employees, but will particularly benefit individuals:
- In organisations considering applying the Lean Enterprise approach
- Responsible to support/monitor the success of Lean improvement or business improvement projects of all types
- In organisations pursuing the approach, but who have no knowledge of the theory or practice
By the end of this course, you will learn to:
- Understand the nature and practical implementation of the Lean Enterprise approach and toolkit, and where ISO 18404 fits in
- Appreciate corporate Lean Enterprise application, roles and responsibilities
- Evaluate the case for Lean application in a specific organisation, potential benefits and barriers
- Plan implementation