CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day introductory course explores the meaning of Lean and its benefits and barriers, as well as the steps and tools that support practical implementation of the Lean approach. The course includes interactive workshops to enable delegates to put their new knowledge into practice.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will have an understanding of the core principles and value of a Lean organisation. They will also have the skills to decide upon, manage and support Lean transformation.
- those in organisations considering applying the Lean enterprise approach
- those responsible for supporting and/or monitoring the success of Lean improvement or business improvement projects of all types
- those who wish to pursue the approach, but who have no knowledge of the theory or practice
- those new to Lean who wish to gain an understanding of the Lean concepts prior to attending further training
For a more in-depth understanding of Lean, we recommend viewing our Lean Practitioner training course.
- why Lean?
- origins of Lean
- the Lean enterprise approach and its value
- understanding advantages and constraints
- the Lean approach and toolkit
- 5 Lean principles
- The 7 +1 wastes
- value stream mapping
- the 5S
- managing Lean implementation
- culture and mindset
- relationship to quality management and Six Sigma
- Lean projects – roles and responsibilities
- understand the nature and practical implementation of the Lean enterprise approach and toolkit
- appreciate corporate Lean enterprise application, roles and responsibilities
- evaluate the case for Lean application in a specific organisation, with its potential benefits and barriers
- understand the Lean implementation steps and tools
RAF Odiham|1st Aug, 2022
RAF Odiham|29th Jul, 2022
14th Mar, 2022
Northern Ireland Water|4th Feb, 2022
Inmarsat|3rd Feb, 2022
David Brown Santasalo UK Ltd|25th Jan, 2022
Spectrum Community Health Cic|10th Jan, 2022
Spectrum Community Health Cic|5th Jan, 2022
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|18th Dec, 2021
Inmarsat|29th Nov, 2021
TRB Limited|5th Nov, 2021
Avery UK|3rd Nov, 2021