CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day introductory course explores the meaning of Lean and its benefits and barriers, as well as the steps and tools that support practical implementation of the Lean approach. The course includes interactive workshops to enable delegates to put their new knowledge into practice.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will have an understanding of the core principles and value of a Lean organisation. They will also have the skills to decide upon, manage and support Lean transformation.
- those in organisations considering applying the Lean enterprise approach
- those responsible for supporting and/or monitoring the success of Lean improvement or business improvement projects of all types
- those who wish to pursue the approach, but who have no knowledge of the theory or practice
- those new to Lean who wish to gain an understanding of the Lean concepts prior to attending further training
For a more in-depth understanding of Lean, we recommend viewing our Lean Practitioner training course.
- why Lean?
- origins of Lean
- the Lean enterprise approach and its value
- understanding advantages and constraints
- the Lean approach and toolkit
- 5 Lean principles
- The 7 +1 wastes
- value stream mapping
- the 5S
- managing Lean implementation
- culture and mindset
- relationship to quality management and Six Sigma
- Lean projects – roles and responsibilities
- understand the nature and practical implementation of the Lean enterprise approach and toolkit
- appreciate corporate Lean enterprise application, roles and responsibilities
- evaluate the case for Lean application in a specific organisation, with its potential benefits and barriers
- understand the Lean implementation steps and tools
Delegates will receive a Certificate of Completion following the training in recognition of their understanding of Lean principles and commitment to continuing professional development.
This course gives a useful overview of Lean, but if you want to start learning skills, we recommend that you opt for our Lean Practitioner training course. This is followed by our Lean Leader training, which gives even greater depth to your Lean training. If you book both courses together you can benefit from a discount.
Yes, we will send you a certificate of completion after the course. The 1-day course is equivalent to 7 hours CPD.
This Lean Basics course is designed to give an overview of Lean to people and organisations who are new to the concept. It will help potential stakeholders understand what Lean is and the benefits and barriers of its implementation.
The knowledge gained can give attendees an opportunity to understand and evaluate what Lean could mean for their organisation, supporting informed decision-making.
Alexander Dennis Ltd|1st Dec, 2023
Qinetiq Target Systems|18th Aug, 2023
Private|8th Aug, 2023
West Midlands Police|28th Jul, 2023
NHS|18th Jul, 2023
Nightingale Hospital|14th Apr, 2023
Nightingale Hospital|13th Apr, 2023
Scottish Power C O Hemsley Fraser|28th Feb, 2023
Geodis FF United Kingdom Ltd|22nd Feb, 2023
NHS Property Services Ltd|17th Oct, 2022
Barden Bearings|27th Sep, 2022
Thames Valley Police|27th Aug, 2022