CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day course teaches delegates how to map a process from end to end, highlighting ‘waste’ that does not deliver value to the customer and can be removed. The course also explores the ‘future state’ map that shows the results of removing waste to improve processes. Interactive activities and workshops on the day help delegates to understand and practise these new ideas.
Completion of this course will give students skills to help their organisation increase competitiveness and customer satisfaction through improved processes.
- those wishing to further understand and visualise their business processes, or develop cross-departmental understanding of company processes
- those aiming to implement cost saving changes
- managers, including those involved in quality, change, and process improvement
- Lean professionals
- process owners
- improvement specialists
- value streams and value stream mapping
- determining customer value
- value and non-value adding activities
- 7 wastes
- process, material and information flow
- creating the current state map
- basic value stream mapping icons
- push vs pull systems
- value stream data
- Takt time
- process efficiency
- creating a future state map
- map out and visualise processes from design to post-sales support
- identify and remove non-customer value-adding processes
- support the organisation in:
- reducing waste and costs
- increasing productivity and competitiveness
- improving customer satisfaction through reduce waiting times and costs
- simplifying processes
- improving flow within a process
All delegates will receive a certificate on completion of the course.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
If you are interested in improving business processes, then this course will help. Value stream mapping enables you to visually map out how processes are carried out right across the value chain, from product design and material sourcing to post-sales customer support. This will help you to identify where processes can be made more efficient and cost-effective, with the aim of increasing productivity and customer satisfaction.
Yes, you will be sent a certificate of attendance after course completion, providing evidence of your new skills attainment. The certificate is a valuable enhancement to your CV and LinkedIn profile, as well as a useful document to share with colleagues.
The 1-day course is equivalent to 7 hours CPD.
If you are ready to enhance your Lean capabilities, you may like to take a look at our Kaizen and 5S training courses.
5S is the Sort, Set, Shine, Standardise and Sustain approach to greater productivity, and is considered to be one of the easiest first steps to establishing Lean in an organisation.
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Veka Plc|31st Oct, 2023
Cyclife Aquila Nuclear|30th Oct, 2023