CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day course explains how Kaizen blends philosophy, culture and approach to encourage every employee to ensure continuous improvement of all organisational processes and systems.
The morning session provides an overview of Kaizen and the development of an organisation’s Kaizen strategy, whilst the afternoon looks further at applying Kaizen principles and tools, with a strong focus on 5S, a commonly used Six Sigma approach.
Delegates will leave the course with an understanding of Kaizen and how they can conduct themselves within a team to improve productivity and competitiveness.
Delegates can choose to attend the morning and afternoon sessions as separate courses. Please contact us for further information.
Kaizen overview and strategy:
- origins and principles of Kaizen
- Kaizen objectives
- relationship to other improvement approaches
- plan-do-check-act (PDCA)
- running an organisational Kaizen initiative
- roles and responsibilities
- Kaizen leadership
- the 5 key elements, purpose and interrelationship
- teamwork considerations
- building personal discipline
- improving morale
- identifying Kaizen projects
- quality circles
- suggestions for improvement
- process analysis
- waste elimination/Muda
- the 5 or 6 Lean principles
- the 7 or 8 wastes
- root cause analysis
- 5S introduction and background
- how 5S assists Kaizen
- visual management and standard practice
- red tagging
- 5S system implementation and teamwork
- 5S maintenance
- the sixth ‘S’ (safety)
- Poka Yoke mistake proofing
- appreciate the nature and tools of the Kaizen approach
- understand when, where and how to implement Kaizen
- understand the types of waste that occur when carrying out tasks
- employ new knowledge and skills to implement and use a Kaizen approach and appropriate tools
- focus appropriately on teamwork, personal discipline and morale
- understand how their personal contribution can improve others’ productivity and the competitiveness of their organisation
All delegates will receive a Certificate of Completion following the course.
A Kaizen culture is one that encourages continuous improvement through the cooperation of every employee. The Lean approach provides tools and techniques that enable that culture.
While Kaizen is about creating an environment for employees to contribute towards continuous improvement, 5S is an approach to increasing productivity through a process of Sort, Set, Shine, Standardise and Sustain. The 2 are complementary and enhance the application of Lean theory.
This 1-day course comprises a half day on each of Kaizen and 5S. You can choose to attend just for a half day to learn about either 5S or Kaizen, or for the whole day. Please contact us for more information.
We offer this course on a dedicated basis, delivered at a location and time to suit your organisation. We can run the course on a face-to-face basis or in our Virtual Classroom.
QinetiQ Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
PAH Building & Construction Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Grissan Engineering Services Ltd|30th Nov, 2023
Oak Dry Lining|28th Nov, 2023
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Of Europe SE|20th Nov, 2023
Network Rail|17th Nov, 2023
Schneider Electric|17th Nov, 2023
Home Office|14th Nov, 2023
Sense Biodetection Ltd|8th Nov, 2023
Private|6th Nov, 2023
Veka Plc|31st Oct, 2023
Cyclife Aquila Nuclear|30th Oct, 2023