CPDEquivalent to 7 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 1-day course explains how removing ‘wastes’, such as unnecessary inventory, movement and over-processing, can greatly improve efficiency in processes and tasks. It further explores how one’s contribution towards maintaining a 5S approach can help others improve their own efficiency, supporting the increased competitiveness of their organisation.
On completion of the course students will understand the concepts, application and benefits of the 5S toolset, and why it is one of the easiest first steps to establishing a Lean culture.
All delegates receive a certificate on completion of the course.
- 5S introduction and background
- the 7 wastes
- how 5S assists the Kaizen approach for continual improvement
- visual management and standard practice
- Poka Yoke
- red tagging
- 5S system implementation and teamwork
- 5S maintenance
- the sixth ‘S’ (safety)
- an understanding of all types of waste that occur when carrying out tasks
- the knowledge and skills to implement and use a 5S approach to reduce these wastes
- the ability to use a 5S system as a first step to establishing a Lean culture within an organisation
Course dates and venues
Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners|26th Jul, 2022
Intelligent Energy Limited|17th Jun, 2022
Cheshire Constabulary Headquarters|13th Jun, 2022
Gm&T|9th Jun, 2022
Nanoco Technologies Ltd|27th May, 2022
JVM Castings (Worcester) Ltd|26th May, 2022
Belvac|24th May, 2022
Filton Systems Engineering Ltd|20th May, 2022
Bureau Veritas|19th May, 2022
Photek Ltd|5th May, 2022
Photek Ltd|4th May, 2022
NHS Arden And Gem Csu|22nd Apr, 2022