DURATION OF COURSE2 days
CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Basic Lean tools and techniques can easily be applied to organisations giving short term results. However, to make lasting changes and overcome resistance to change, a Lean Leader makes a substantial difference.
This two-day Lean Leader training course is designed for those already proficient in Lean and it directly follows on from our Lean Practitioner training course. This course will give delegates advanced understanding of Lean principles, equipping them with the necessary skills to champion Lean Improvement projects including Lean management, managing stakeholder requirements and overcoming resistance to change.
Delegates will learn how to analyse and interpret data to measure process efficiencies and the success of Lean implementation by using tools such as DMAIC and Theory of Constraints. This theory can be used to identify constraints, review the relevant activities, alleviate limitations, and then repeat the procedure to ensure a continuous cycle of improvement.
A common constraint that impacts on process speeds is human resistance to change. The Lean Leader training course will equip delegates with the necessary skills to measure this resistance with tools such as force field analysis and then overcome the problems with adapted Lean tools, changing victims of change into enablers of change.
Successful delegates on this course will learn how to embed a culture of Lean leading to continuous improvement in an organisation. This is achieved through the use of understandable Lean improvement tools with demonstrable results.
- Leading & Managing for Lean
- Managing stakeholder requirements during Lean implementation projects
- Lean Project management & DMAIC
- Force field analysis, a tool used to analyse driving and resisting factors of change
- Adapting Lean to inspire workers
- Changing victims of change into enablers of change.
- Root Cause analysis
- Theory of constraints
Who Should Attend
- Those looking to implement Lean into any organisation, including services, the public sector and manufacturing
- Managers or process owners in organisations struggling to implement efficiency-based improvements and overcome challenges to change.
- Managers and senior figures looking to equip themselves with tools for change
- Individuals looking for tools to help them achieve personal development objectives
- Individuals already proficient in Lean and want to advance their understanding and skill set
Those who do not already have a good understanding of Lean should attend our Lean Practitioner training course. The course will take place before the Lean Leader training course, and when booking all five consecutive days together delegates will benefit from a £100 discount.
By the end of this course, you will learn to:
- Understand a variety of advanced Lean tools to be able to successfully plan, manage & undertake Lean improvement projects
- Review others’ Lean improvement initiatives
- Make lasting changes by altering thinking, not just the process
- Overcome resistance to change and Lean improvement
- Manage stakeholders in pursuit of objectives
- Monitor and champion Lean improvement projects
Our Lean Leader Training Course includes modules and group work covering subjects such as ‘Managing conflict’, ‘Leadership style’ and ‘Managing stakeholders for Lean projects and deployment’. These workshops act as a platform for later discussions amongst your team on how to successfully implement Lean within your organisation and make efficiency-based improvements. Dedicated training is often more cost effective and convenient for those wishing to train a number of employees on a date which is convenient for the team.
Course Dates and Venues
De Vere Cheadle House
De Vere Staverton Estate
De Vere Devonport House
Hilton Leeds City
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|7th May, 2020
Rural Payments Agency|3rd Apr, 2020
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|2nd Apr, 2020
New Victoria Hospital|24th Feb, 2020
Lucchini Unipart Rail Ltd|7th Nov, 2019
CRG|16th Oct, 2019