CPDEquivalent to 70 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The 10-day course combines our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course with further advanced training to give delegates a complete education in Six Sigma tools and techniques, from introduction through statistical analysis to leadership skills.
Students can practice their learning during the course through case studies and exercises.
At the end of the course students will receive a recognised Six Sigma Black Belt training certificate.
- want an expert level understanding of Six Sigma and a recognised Six Sigma Black Belt certificate
- will be responsible for training and coaching others on the use of process improvement techniques
- will lead/manage improvement projects using the define, measure, analyse, improve, control (DMAIC) methodology
- need to deliver agreed benefits of a Six Sigma project within an organisation
- are taking a leadership role with responsibility for stakeholder needs during Six Sigma implementation projects
- will be required to identify gaps in competencies within the team or organisation
We offer alternative paths to Black Belt qualifications to suit different needs. Delegates who have previously completed our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course or similar will benefit most from attending our Six Sigma Green Belt to Black Belt upgrade course.
Anyone seeking to apply for Six Sigma certification against ISO 18404 through the RSS 18404 Sector Scheme may like to look at our 13-day RSS 18404 Six Signa Black Belt Development Programme.
As the course incorporates our Six Sigma Green Belt training, students do not need prior knowledge to attend.
Students can attend the 10-day course in full over two consecutive weeks, or book two 5-day courses separately.
Please note this course incorporates advanced mathematical and statistical elements. Delegates are required to use Excel, or equivalent, during the course.
- overview of ISO 18404
- introduction to Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma toolkit
- change management
- define, measure, analyse, improve, control and transfer (DMAIC(T)) project management
- Lean principles
- customer focus
- stakeholder management
- risk management
- presentation and reporting
- statistics, data and problem solving
- frequency distributions
- hypothesis testing
- root cause analysis (RCA)
- Six Sigma tools
- measurement system analysis (MSA)
- statistical process control (SPC)
- role and competency requirements for Black Belts
- training, coaching and mentoring Six Sigma Green Belts
- gap analysis
- advanced Lean
- integrity of data
- design of experiments
- full factorials and fractional factorials
- analysing Big Data sets
- data acquisition
- statistical software
- statistical techniques
- facilitate and lead improvement projects using the DMAIC methodology
- participate in all gate reviews directly through prepared presentations of the work accomplished to date
- organise multi-disciplinary teams
- work with others to identify and quantify opportunities for improvement
- acquire data and analyse Big Data sets to identify and quantify opportunities for improvement
- fully understand the Six Sigma principles and how to implement them
Course dates and venues
03 - 07 October 2022
28 November - 02 December 2022
27 February - 03 March 2023
24 - 28 April 2023
26 - 30 June 2023
RAF Odiham|1st Aug, 2022
RAF Odiham|29th Jul, 2022
14th Mar, 2022
Northern Ireland Water|4th Feb, 2022
Inmarsat|3rd Feb, 2022
David Brown Santasalo UK Ltd|25th Jan, 2022
Spectrum Community Health Cic|10th Jan, 2022
Spectrum Community Health Cic|5th Jan, 2022
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)|18th Dec, 2021
Inmarsat|29th Nov, 2021
TRB Limited|5th Nov, 2021
Avery UK|3rd Nov, 2021