DURATION OF COURSE20 days
CPDEquivalent to 140 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
Six Sigma is a set of business improvement tools and techniques used to reduce the likelihood of defects occurring. The system follows the DMAIC methodology of Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control. At each stage, delegates are provided with a toolkit of process improvement techniques, such as Root Cause analysis, Poka Yoke mistake proofing, and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
This 20-day Six Sigma Black Belt training course follows the competency requirements set out in ISO 18404, the international standard for Lean and Six Sigma, and includes a project guided by a Six Sigma Master Black Belt. The course will cover the key tools and techniques of Six Sigma, as well as Six Sigma project management and leadership development, equipping delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge to lead process improvement projects.
Delegates that successfully complete this course will be classed as Six Sigma experts and will be awarded with a certificate to demonstrate this. Delegates will also be entitled to apply for certification to ISO 18404 through sector scheme RSS18404, please follow this link to find out more.
Please note that laptops will be required for the duration of the course.
- A refresher of the Six Sigma Principles
- Statistics Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Poka Yoke Mistake Proofing
- Taguchi Methodology
- Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- DMAIC methodology
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Analytical, Synthetic and Creative Thinking (ASCT)
- Six Sigma Project Management Development
- Six Sigma Advanced Leadership Skill Development
- How to Undertake Project Reviews
- develop an expert level understanding of Six Sigma
- take a leadership role with responsibility for stakeholder needs during Six Sigma implementation projects
- be responsible for managing stakeholders needs
- be responsible for mentoring Green Belts
- easily demonstrate their process improvement capabilities with an internationally recognised certificate
- To fully understand the Six Sigma principles and how to implement them
- Take a leading role in Six Sigma implementation projects (delegates often achieve 3-4 a year)
- Train and manage Green Belts in how to use Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Undertake Six Sigma project reviews, allowing them to independently continue their development
Delegates successfully completing this Six Sigma Black Belt programme are eligible to apply to the Royal Statistical Society for independent certification under ISO 18404. This is based on the submission of a portfolio of evidence and attendance at an assessment centre.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|4th Nov, 2020
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|5th Sep, 2020
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|21st Aug, 2020
Yeo Valley|14th Aug, 2020
Ziath Ltd|14th Jul, 2020
The Fremantle Trust|13th Jul, 2020