This Six Sigma Black Belt training course will advance a delegate’s understanding to an expert level of the necessary business improvement skills and tools required to manage Six Sigma implementation projects.
Six Sigma is a set of quantitative and qualitive methods designed to optimise business efficiency through defect elimination. Reduction in defects and process variation is achieved using the DMAIC principle: Design, Measure, Analyse, Improve Control. At each stage a variety of Six Sigma tools are implemented such as Poka Yoke Mistake Proofing and Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) in order to ensure continuous reductions in process variation.
During the 20 day training programme delegates will cover five modules comprising of topics such as statistical measurement system analysis (MSA), root cause analysis, Poka Yoke, and Six Sigma leadership development. Our Black Belt training is project based, so will involve a Six Sigma expert guiding delegates through an engineering or process improvement project between training blocs.
Key topics include:
- An Introduction to Six Sigma Principles
- Statistics Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Poka Yoke Mistake Proofing
- Taguchi Methodology
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Analytical, Synthetic and Creative Thinking (ASCT)
- Six Sigma Project Management Development
- Six Sigma Advanced Leadership Skill Development
- How to Undertake Project Reviews
Who Should Attend
This is an expert level training course and is suitable for individuals:
- Wanting to develop an expert level understanding of Six Sigma
- Taking a leadership role with responsibility for stakeholder needs during Six Sigma implementation projects
- Responsible for managing stakeholders needs
- Responsible for mentoring Green Belts
By then end of this course delegate will be able to:
- To fully understand the Six Sigma principles and how to implement them
- Take a lead role in Six Sigma implementation projects (delegates often achieve 3-4 a year)
- Train and manage Green Belts in how to use Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Undertake Six Sigma project reviews, allowing them to independently continue their development
Delegates successfully completing this Six Sigma Black Belt programme are eligible to apply to the Royal Statistical Society for independent certification under ISO 18404. This is based on submission of a portfolio of evidence and attendance at an assessment centre.