CPDEquivalent to 70 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
The 10-day course combines our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course with further advanced training to give delegates a complete education in Six Sigma tools and techniques, from introduction through statistical analysis to leadership skills.
Students can practice their learning during the course through case studies and exercises.
At the end of the course students will receive a recognised Six Sigma Black Belt training certificate.
- want an expert level understanding of Six Sigma and a recognised Six Sigma Black Belt certificate
- will be responsible for training and coaching others on the use of process improvement techniques
- will lead/manage improvement projects using the define, measure, analyse, improve, control (DMAIC) methodology
- need to deliver agreed benefits of a Six Sigma project within an organisation
- are taking a leadership role with responsibility for stakeholder needs during Six Sigma implementation projects
- will be required to identify gaps in competencies within the team or organisation
We offer alternative paths to Black Belt qualifications to suit different needs. Delegates who have previously completed our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course or similar will benefit most from attending our Six Sigma Green Belt to Black Belt upgrade course.
Anyone seeking to apply for Six Sigma certification against ISO 18404 through the RSS 18404 Sector Scheme may like to look at our 13-day RSS 18404 Six Signa Black Belt Development Programme.
As the course incorporates our Six Sigma Green Belt training, students do not need prior knowledge to attend.
Students can attend the 10-day course in full over two consecutive weeks, or book two 5-day courses separately.
Please note this course incorporates advanced mathematical and statistical elements. Delegates are required to use Excel, or equivalent, during the course.
- overview of ISO 18404
- introduction to Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma toolkit
- change management
- define, measure, analyse, improve, control and transfer (DMAIC(T)) project management
- Lean principles
- customer focus
- stakeholder management
- risk management
- presentation and reporting
- statistics, data and problem solving
- frequency distributions
- hypothesis testing
- root cause analysis (RCA)
- Six Sigma tools
- measurement system analysis (MSA)
- statistical process control (SPC)
- role and competency requirements for Black Belts
- training, coaching and mentoring Six Sigma Green Belts
- gap analysis
- advanced Lean
- integrity of data
- design of experiments
- full factorials and fractional factorials
- analysing Big Data sets
- data acquisition
- statistical software
- statistical techniques
- facilitate and lead improvement projects using the DMAIC methodology
- participate in all gate reviews directly through prepared presentations of the work accomplished to date
- organise multi-disciplinary teams
- work with others to identify and quantify opportunities for improvement
- acquire data and analyse Big Data sets to identify and quantify opportunities for improvement
- fully understand the Six Sigma principles and how to implement them
The course is certified by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) and all students will receive an RSS approved Six Sigma Black Belt certificate following completion of the training.
Course dates and venues
18 - 22 December 2023
26 February - 01 March 2024
22 - 26 April 2024
17 - 21 June 2024
19 - 23 August 2024
21 - 25 October 2024
16 - 20 December 2024
Yes, this course is certified the Royal Statistical Society (RSS), demonstrating that the training meets the rigorous requirements of the RSS in terms of content and expertise of our tutors. At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate to this effect.
Black Belt training goes beyond Green Belt skills to complete your knowledge of the Six Sigma tools and techniques, putting you in the best possible position to support your business in improving business processes. It also gives you the skills to manage the multi-disciplinary teams who will carry out those improvements.
Black Belt training and experience are valuable additions to your CV, both within your own organisation and in the wider world. As Bywater Six Sigma training is certified by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS), your expert achievement will be seen to be of the highest quality.
This 10-day course will take you from Six Sigma novice to expert. It will provide you with the knowledge and practice to understand and apply the techniques and approaches that will enable you to take part in and lead business process improvement projects.
If you have already training in Six Sigma to Green Belt level, you may like to look instead at our Six Sigma Green Belt to Black Belt upgrade course.
Alexander Dennis Ltd|5th Dec, 2023
Alexander Dennis Ltd|1st Dec, 2023
Qinetiq Target Systems|18th Aug, 2023
Private|8th Aug, 2023
West Midlands Police|28th Jul, 2023
NHS|18th Jul, 2023
Nightingale Hospital|14th Apr, 2023
Nightingale Hospital|13th Apr, 2023
Scottish Power C O Hemsley Fraser|28th Feb, 2023
Geodis FF United Kingdom Ltd|22nd Feb, 2023
NHS Property Services Ltd|17th Oct, 2022
Barden Bearings|27th Sep, 2022