This Six Sigma Black Belt training course will enable a delegate to understand, to an expert level, the necessary business improvement skills and tools required to manage Six Sigma implementation projects. The training course will start at an advanced level, so delegates will be expected to have attended the Green Belt stage.
Six Sigma is a set of business improvement tools and techniques used to reduce the likelihood of defects occurring. The system follows the DMAIC methodology of Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control. At each stage, delegates are provided with a toolkit of process improvement techniques, such as Root Cause analysis, Poka Yoke mistake proofing, and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
This Six Sigma Black Belt training course is split into two 5-day training blocks, followed by a project guided by a Six Sigma Master Black Belt. The course will cover the key tools and techniques of Six Sigma, as well as Six Sigma project management and leadership development. This equips delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge to lead process improvement projects.
Delegates that successfully complete this course will be classed as Six Sigma experts and will be awarded with a certificate to demonstrate this.
Please note that laptops will be required for the duration of the course.
Key topics include:
- A refresher of the Six Sigma Principles
- Statistics Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Poka Yoke Mistake Proofing
- Taguchi Methodology
- Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- DMAIC methodology
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Analytical, Synthetic and Creative Thinking (ASCT)
- Six Sigma Project Management Development
- Six Sigma Advanced Leadership Skill Development
- How to Undertake Project Reviews
This is an expert level training course suitable for individuals who have already attended the Green Belt Training and want to:
- Develop an expert level understanding of Six Sigma
- Take a leadership role with responsibility for stakeholder needs during Six Sigma implementation projects
- Be responsible for managing stakeholders needs
- Be responsible for mentoring Green Belts
By the end of this course delegate will be able to:
- To fully understand the Six Sigma principles and how to implement them
- Take a lead role in Six Sigma implementation projects (delegates often achieve 3-4 a year)
- Train and manage Green Belts in how to use Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Undertake Six Sigma project reviews, allowing them to independently continue their development
Delegates successfully completing this Six Sigma Black Belt programme are eligible to apply to the Royal Statistical Society for independent certification under ISO 18404. This is based on the submission of a portfolio of evidence and attendance at an assessment centre.
De Vere Staverton Estate