CPDEquivalent to 93 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This 13-day course comprises:
- our 5-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course, teaching delegates the knowledge and skills to identify and quantify opportunities for improvement, identify stakeholder interests, reduce variation within processes, and evaluate risks associated with Green Belt projects
- 5 days focusing on Black Belt competencies, providing delegates with the ability to lead improvement projects, facilitate Green Belt projects using the define, measure, analyse, improve, control (DMAIC) methodology, participate in gate reviews, and analyse Big Data sets
- 2 days on the practical application of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt competencies through a case study approach
- 1 day preparation for Black Belt certification with the Royal Statistical Society under the RSS 18404 Sector Scheme. Delegates will also receive 2 hours of 1-1 coaching with a Master Black Belt.
- become a certified Six Sigma Black Belt against ISO 18404 through the RSS 18404 Sector Scheme
- gain an advanced understanding of Six Sigma and acquire practical experience of applying ideas learned
The course is also recommended for those who are responsible for:
- justifying business process improvement
- identifying process issues, root cases and solutions
- leading improvement projects using the define, measure, analyse, improve, control (DMAIC) methodology
- analysing Big Data sets to identify opportunities for improvement
- delivering agreed benefits of a Six Sigma project within an organisation
- taking a leadership role with responsibility for stakeholder needs during Six Sigma implementation projects
- identifying gaps in competencies within the team or organisation
- training others to perform at a Green Belt or Black Belt level
As the course incorporates our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course, no prior knowledge is required.
If a potential delegate has previously completed our Six Sigma Green Belt training course or similar, please contact our team to book just the final 8 days of this course.
Please note this course includes advanced mathematical and statistical elements. Delegates require a laptop with Excel, or similar, for the duration of the course.
- role and competency requirements for Green Belts and Black Belts
- DMAIC(T) project management
- stakeholder management
- Lean principles
- leading change, sustainment and customer focus
- statistics, data and problem solving
- training, coaching and mentoring Green Belts
- advanced Lean
- Six Sigma approaches and tools
- analysing Big Data sets
- practical application of Six Sigma Black Belt competencies
- defining the project
- justifying business process improvement
- identifying benefits and project risks
- identifying process issues and root causes
- identifying and proving solutions
- documenting and presenting projects and solutions
- training others to perform at the same level
- preparation for Black Belt certification with the RSS
- review of ISO 18404 competency requirements
- building a portfolio of competencies
- progress review
- RSS mock assessment centre
- understand the RSS 18404 Sector Scheme certification process
- define a project, justify business process improvement and identify benefits and project risks
- prepare a Project Charter for a Six Sigma Black Belt process improvement project
- identify process issues and root causes
- apply appropriate Six Sigma tools and statistical techniques
- lead improvement projects and facilitate Green Belt projects using the DMAIC methodology
- participate in all gate reviews directly through prepared presentations of the work accomplished to date
Upon achieving ISO 18404 certification delegates will be eligible to join the RSS register, which is used by organisations to identify certified Lean and Six Sigma professionals.
This programme is certified by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) and all delegates will receive an RSS approved ISO 18404 Six Sigma Black Belt certificate upon completion.
Course dates and venues
18 - 22 December 2023
22 - 24 January 2024
26 February - 01 March 2024
25 - 27 March 2024
22 - 26 April 2024
20 - 22 May 2024
17 - 21 June 2024
15 - 17 July 2024
19 - 23 August 2024
23 - 25 September 2024
21 - 25 October 2024
18 - 20 November 2024
16 - 20 December 2024
13 - 15 January 2025
This RSS 18404 Six Sigma Development Programme for Black Belts has been designed to help those who wish to become individually certified according to the requirements of the Royal Statistical Society (RSS), as well as giving a practical opportunity to apply Black Belt competencies learned during our 10-day Six Sigma Black Belt course.
Certification by the RSS goes beyond training. The RSS requires evidence of your actual experience within projects through assessment of your portfolio, as well as an interview and a test.
Our RSS 18404 Black Belt Development Programme teaches you about advanced approaches, tools and techniques, and then gives you support in submitting your application for assessment and certification. We run a mock RSS assessment, and provide you with individual coaching on the real application of the approaches within an organisation.
Certification by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) allows you to be added to the RSS register, where organisations will often search for Six Sigma professionals.
However, certification is not essential and does require you to keep a portfolio of your projects, attend an Assessment Centre, be interviewed and take a test. Many of our delegates find that learning Black Belt skills without certification on our 10-day Black Belt course gives them the capabilities they need to participate in improvement projects effectively and progress their careers.
This course wraps up all our Six Sigma training – from Yellow Belt through Green Belt to Black Belt, as well as provides support for achieving individual certification, in one 13-day package. The course can therefore be undertaken by those with no prior knowledge.
If you do not want to attend all your training at once, or do not want to apply for certification, we have a comprehensive choice of Six Sigma training options to enable you to train at the speed and level that suits you.
Veka Plc|31st Oct, 2023
Cyclife Aquila Nuclear|30th Oct, 2023
Now Managed Learning Services|25th Oct, 2023
Kier Highways|25th Sep, 2023
Remote-Technology-Services-Ltd|20th Sep, 2023
Kalsec Europe Ltd.|4th Aug, 2023
Frontier Agriculture|25th Jul, 2023
NextPharma|5th Jul, 2023
Harbour Energy|16th Jun, 2023
Nanoco Technologies Ltd|15th Jun, 2023
A1 Comms Ltd|31st May, 2023
AGA Rangemaster|25th May, 2023