CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
CQI and IRCA certified QMS Lead Auditor training course, incorporating IATF 16949:2016 requirements for the automotive industry. Course ID: 1675
This highly interactive and practical 5-day course draws on a central case study to support learning, while making full use of workshops and roles plays across a wide range of topics, including quality management standards, audit situations, and preparing nonconformity statements.
At the end of the course delegates will have the knowledge and skills to assess an organisation’s quality management system compliance against IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 and contribute to continuous improvement programmes.
- those who will be involved in conducting 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd party audits against IATF 16949 within the automotive sector
- those responsible for obtaining 3rd party certification to IATF 16949 for their organisation
- individuals who wish to become CQI and IRCA registered lead auditors
- senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal quality management system (QMS) audits and who have responsibility/authority to improve the effectiveness of the QMS
- auditors in other sectors who now wish to audit within the automotive sector
Please note that familiarity with IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 is necessary for a full understanding of the principles developed in this course. Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements and test your knowledge.
Some delegates find it beneficial to attend the Understanding IATF 16949 training course to gain more knowledge about the IATF 16949 standard. We offer a discount of £100 when booking this course with this lead auditor training course. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
- quality management standards (ISO 9000, ISO 9001 and IATF 16949)
- core tools: advanced product quality planning (APQP), failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), material failure analysis (MSA), product part approval process (PPAP) and statistical process control (SPC)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits
- documented systems
- audit planning, including audit scope and audit strategy
- the role of an auditor and auditing techniques
- audit checklists
- opening and closing meetings
- nonconformity writing
- audit reports and audit records
- follow-up and corrective action
- accreditation and certification activities
- sources of information and further development
- apply the requirements and principles of ISO 9001 and identify the relationship between ISO 9001 and the additional requirements of IATF 16949, together with the supporting core tools
- assess compliance of an organisation to meet their company’s own internal or external requirements
- conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing and document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate continuous improvements to the quality management system
- develop their own skills, techniques and competence as an auditor
Successful completion of the course enables students to meet the training requirements for registration as a QMS Lead Auditor under the CQI and IRCA Auditor Registration Scheme.
Assessment is by continual assessment and an examination on the final day.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
Abertax Quality Ltf|16th Aug, 2022
Hylomar Ltd|28th Jul, 2022
Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners|26th Jul, 2022
Intelligent Energy Limited|17th Jun, 2022
Cheshire Constabulary Headquarters|13th Jun, 2022
Gm&T|9th Jun, 2022
Hofer Powertrain Products UK Limited|31st May, 2022
JVM Castings (Worcester) Ltd|26th May, 2022
Belvac|24th May, 2022
Filton Systems Engineering Ltd|20th May, 2022
Janspeed Technologies Limited|20th May, 2022
Bureau Veritas|19th May, 2022