DURATION OF COURSE5 days
CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
A CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course incorporating the IATF 16949:2016 requirements for the Automotive Industry – Course ref 1675.
This intensive, highly interactive and practical IATF 16949 Lead Auditor training course is designed to develop delegates’ skills to conduct Quality Management System (QMS) audits against ISO 9001:2015 and the additional automotive IATF 16949:2016 requirements, in order to:
- assess compliance of an organisation/supplier against third party standards to meet your own internal or external requirements
- develop continuous improvement programmes that deliver on-going benefits to your company’s growth and bottom-line success
- meet the training requirements for registration as a QMS Lead Auditor under the CQI and IRCA Auditor Registration Scheme.
Our course focuses on developing auditor skills, techniques and competence. Familiarity with ISO 9001 is necessary for a full understanding of the principles developed in this course. If you are already an experienced auditor, your knowledge of the auditing process will be expanded.
Some delegates find it beneficial to attend the Understanding IATF 16949 training course to gain more knowledge about the IATF 16949 standard, or if you require knowledge on the ISO 9001 we recommend the Introduction to ISO 9001 training course. We offer a discount of £100 if booking one of these course with your Lead Auditor training. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
- Defining the purpose and structure of quality management standards and an overview of IATF 16949
- Principles of auditing, auditor skills and responsibilities and management’s role in reviewing the effectiveness of the overall quality system
- Auditing skills and techniques:
- Planning – use of checklists, resources and timing
- Selection of audit teams
- Interviewing and evaluation of information and findings
- Observation – objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of nonconformities
- Communicating and presenting audit reports
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Effective improvement – planning, monitoring and results
- The evaluation of data collection and analysis systems, including customer satisfaction, goal achievement and process monitoring
- Accreditation and certification activities
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend
- Those responsible for obtaining third party certification to IATF 16949 for their organisation.
- Individuals who want to become CQI and IRCA Registered Lead Auditors.
- Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal QMS audits and who have responsibility/authority to improve the effectiveness of the QMS.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements and test your knowledge.
By the end of this IATF 16949 Lead Auditor training course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply the requirements and principles of ISO 9001 and identify the relationship between ISO 9001 and the additional requirements of IATF 16949, together with the supporting core tools.
- Assess compliance of an organisation to meet their company’s own internal or external requirements.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing and document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate continuous improvements to the quality management system.
- Develop their own skills, techniques and competence as an auditor.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an CQI and IRCA Registered QMS Lead Auditor.
Dedicated training can be held at your offices, a venue of your choice or online on your chosen date and is CQI and IRCA certified. The five-day course is led by an IATF 16949 expert tutor. The course includes interactive workshops and role plays covering a range of topics including ‘Quality Management Standards’, ‘Audit Situations’ and ‘Preparing Nonconformity Statements’. Dedicated training is often more cost effective and convenient for organisations wishing to train several employees.
Course Dates and Venues
Hilton Leeds City
De Vere Staverton Estate
De Vere Cheadle House
De Vere Staverton Estate
Wipac Technology Ltd|2nd Apr, 2020
Wipac Ltd|11th Feb, 2020
Johnson Matthey|3rd Dec, 2019
Humiseal Europe Ltd|24th Oct, 2019
John Cotton|10th Oct, 2019
Applied Component Technology|7th Oct, 2019