DURATION OF COURSE5 days
CPDEquivalent to 40 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certification on completion.
A CQI and IRCA Certified QMS Lead Auditor Training Course incorporating the IATF 16949:2016 requirements for the Automotive Industry – Course ref 1675.
- assess compliance of an organisation against the requirements of IATF 16949 and ISO 9001
- develop continuous improvement programmes that deliver on-going benefits to your company’s growth, enhancing customer satisfaction and reducing waste within the supply chain
- meet the training requirements for registration as a QMS Lead Auditor under the CQI and IRCA Auditor Registration Scheme.
The course includes a central case study to allow delegates to put ideas learnt into practice. Assessment is by continual assessment and an examination on the final day. Familiarity with ISO 9001 is necessary for a full understanding of the principles developed in this course.
Some delegates find it beneficial to attend the Understanding IATF 16949 training course to gain more knowledge about the IATF 16949 standard. We offer a discount of £100 when booking this course with your Lead Auditor training course. Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
- Defining the purpose and structure of quality management standards and an overview of IATF 16949
- Principles of auditing, auditor skills and responsibilities and management’s role in reviewing the effectiveness of the overall quality system
- Quality Tools (APQP, FMEA, SPC, PPAP & MSA)
- Auditing skills and techniques:
- Planning – use of checklists, resources and timing
- Selection of audit teams
- Interviewing and evaluation of information and findings
- Observation – objective evidence
- Writing and grading nonconformities
- Communicating and presenting audit reports
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Effective improvement – planning, monitoring and results
- The evaluation of data collection and analysis systems, including customer satisfaction, goal achievement and process monitoring
- Accreditation and certification activities
- Sources of information and further development
- Those who will be involved in conducting 1st, 2nd and / or 3rd party audits within the automotive sector.
- Those responsible for obtaining third party certification to IATF 16949 for their organisation.
- Individuals who want to become CQI and IRCA Registered Lead Auditors.
- Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal QMS audits and who have responsibility/authority to improve the effectiveness of the QMS.
Click here to learn more about prior knowledge requirements and test your knowledge.
- Apply the requirements and principles of ISO 9001 and identify the relationship between ISO 9001 and the additional requirements of IATF 16949, together with the supporting core tools.
- Assess compliance of an organisation to meet their company’s own internal or external requirements.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing and document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate continuous improvements to the quality management system.
- Develop their own skills, techniques and competence as an auditor.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to become a CQI and IRCA Registered QMS Lead Auditor.
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course Dates and Venues
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
De Vere Cheadle House
De Vere Staverton Estate
SL-Weld|20th Feb, 2021
STC International|18th Feb, 2021
Impedans Ltd|11th Feb, 2021
Clark Door Ltd|8th Feb, 2021
Cuts Ice|6th Feb, 2021
SBP Management And Engineering Solutions Ltd|4th Feb, 2021