CPDEquivalent to 14 hours
CERTIFICATESAll delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
CQI and IRCA certified ISO 45001:2018 Auditor Migration training course (Course ID: 1875) for existing OHSAS 18001 auditors looking to transition to ISO 45001.
This two day ISO 45001 Auditor Migration training course is designed to teach delegates about the structure of ISO 45001 (which is based on the Annex SL framework for new ISO management systems standards), the requirements of ISO 45001 and what the implications are for OH&S management system auditing.
This training course is CQI and IRCA certified and will satisfy CQI and IRCA’s mandatory training requirements for individuals needing to retain their IRCA OHSMS Registration. All IRCA OHSAS Auditors will have only 3 years in which to successfully complete a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001 Auditor Migration course. This training course will also be useful for those wishing to work with the newly developed ISO 45001:2018 standard and it will provide the knowledge and skills to audit against it. Please note that prior knowledge of OHSAS 18001:2007 is essential.
- Background to the changes from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001
- Context of the organisation
- Annex SL and a framework for generic management systems
- Leadership and top management’s more direct involvement in the OH&S management system
- Risks and opportunities and the concept of Risk-Based Thinking
- Audit planning and how this might change to address ISO 45001:2018 requirements.
- Auditing against the new aspects and requirements of ISO 45001
- Evaluating audit evidence to correctly identify conformity (or non-conformity) with the requirements of ISO 45001.
- Existing OHSAS 18001 auditors who require the knowledge and skills to audit against ISO 45001:2018
- Those responsible for transitioning their Occupational Health & Safety Management System from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001 who wish to understand the changes and their implications.
Delegates are recommended to have an in-depth knowledge of OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Understand the purpose and structure of Annex SL, the framework that ISO 45001 and future ISO standards will be based upon
- Interpret the new and revised terms and definitions within ISO 45001
- Understand the key differences in requirements between ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001, including what this means for the organisations (and their management systems) and for auditors.
- Evaluate audit evidence to correctly identify conformity, with emphasis on
- Context of the organisation
- Internal & external issues
- Relevant interested parties
- Leadership and top management involvement
- Actions to address risks & opportunities
- Operational planning and control
- Retain/upgrade their IRCA OHSMS Registration (if applicable)
For Scheduled Training courses, please select from the Course Dates and Venues table below.
Course dates and venues
The Auditor Migration training course has been specifically designed to enable existing OHSAS 18001:2007 auditors to upgrade their skills to auditing against the newer OH&S standard, ISO 45001.
With up-to-date knowledge you will be able to better support your organisation in auditing its H&S processes and identifying areas for improvement. You will also be able to include the training on your CV to support your career progression.
The Auditor Migration training course is certified by the CQI and IRCA, the body representing quality professionals, and satisfies the requirements for those who wish to maintain their IRCA OH&SMS auditor registration.
Delegates receive a certificate completion to provide evidence of their enhanced auditing skills.
The course is also equivalent to 14 hours CPD.
The ISO 45001 Auditor Migration training course is specifically designed for those who already have in-depth knowledge of OHSAS 18001.
If you are looking for an introduction to OH&S auditing, then you may find our Introduction to ISO 45001:2018 training course more suited to your needs.
We run the ISO 45001 Auditor Migration training course in our Virtual Classroom. This online course is delivered as live training, enabling delegates from around the world to work together in discussion groups and interact with tutors. Alternatively, if you have a number of employees requiring training, we can run a dedicated course at a venue and time of your choice.
You will need a laptop or desktop computer with camera, headphones and microphone, and a good internet connection to participate in the training. We use Zoom as our communication platform, which is straightforward to set up. We recommend that you test your equipment well before the class so there is less likelihood of problems on the day.
We will send you course notes in advance, which you can use to follow the class, make your own notes, and retain as a valuable reminder as you start to apply your new skills in your work role.
You may also find it useful to have a copy of the standard to hand.
M Group Services.|24th Nov, 2023
Royal Navy|23rd Nov, 2023
Home Office|15th Nov, 2023
Beldam Crossley Ltd|21st Sep, 2023
Babcock International Group|30th Aug, 2023
Driver And Vehicle Agency|29th Aug, 2023
Environmental Solutions Through Partnership|7th Aug, 2023
Strathclyde Partnership For Transport|31st Jul, 2023
British Airways|6th Jun, 2023
Macdermid Alpha|4th May, 2023
A.B.Hedges Ltd|11th Apr, 2023
West Hatch High School|15th Mar, 2023